Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'll feel a whole lot more optimistic when I hear official confirmation that 'Zaha is not even on the bench'. Till then I have an expectation he'll pop up with his customary goal to steal a point or three.

Apparently he has a thigh injury that has already prevented him taking a knee. My advice to him is to have a nice rest this evening, put his feet up and enjoy a couple of episodes of 'Ho(l)m(sdal)es under the Hammer' on catch up :thumbsup:

This is half the problem and probably contributory to his success, even when he’s sleeping he is assuming his normal position. Incredible muscle memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
For once can we get into them from the outset and try and force an early goal meaning they will have to open up if they want to retaliate.

Early goal is key to how this one goes

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
This is half the problem and probably contributory to his success, even when he’s sleeping he is assuming his normal position. Incredible muscle memory

Quite.

pCk3ha8DdjS.jpg

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Lmao... from what I'm able to gather pretty much every derby in 21th century Premier League is a kindergarten fixture, in a lot of ways, compared to most derbies elsewhere in Europe. But yeah for me its definitely more interesting (since I care about the outcome) than eg Hammarby - Djurgården.

Away from the stands derbies and rivalries are as strong as anywhere, but in the stands the atmosphere is kindergarten compared to many countries thesedays, yes

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
First goal is massive tonight. They get it and it'll be 11 men behind the ball and we won't break them down. We get it and drag them out we should be able to get another (at least).

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Since zaha is confirmed as out, if we don’t win, this place will be in meltdown. Have to go all out attack with two strikers. Welbeck and maupay.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There is a pretty major thing that doesn't point to an Albion win. This season, we have consistently struggled against sides who've parked the bus/played pretty defensively negatively. Our record against the top 9 is better than against the bottom 11.

...in spite of the fact that the bottom 11 presumably includes us?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Monday night, against a team parking the bus trying to hold out against our total football tsunami ... its got 0-0 written all over it :down:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Think i will indulge myself and go incognito and open up their BBS forum and read their match thread to feel their pre match pain, (only get to open 5 or six pages before i have to close my thread window then reopen for another 5 or 6 pages etc etc as if not incognito they wont allow further incursions onto their precious site) as they restrict viewing unless one registers with their forum and what sort of w*nker would do that? best to enjoy the build up on there as if the unspeakable should occur i certainly could not bring myself to endure their delight but IF the best happens that place will be heaven for the rest of this week. Please make it so Mr Potter and your disciples.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
...in spite of the fact that the bottom 11 presumably includes us?

I'm confused how this goes against what I said?

We're not as good against lower sides who park the bus. Palace are a lower side and will likely park the bus tonight. Whether we're 5th or 15th doesn't change that.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The Holy Trinity of Bissouma, Gross and Mac Allister will be imperious tonight. It comes down to whether we can convert the continuous conveyor belt of chance-laden plates.

Yup. Score early and we might even batter them senseless.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really hoping to see a surprise inclusion of Jose Izquierdo on the bench tonight

I’m happy to update with early team news again from my SAUCE but last time it seemed to upset people and one even points out it was nothing unexpected - which was exactly as it ended up being - so hardly my FAULT. But I’ll try one more time tonight. Starting with if SEGW is on the team bus...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here