Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crawley Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
The O'Riley injury did not look good and has overshadowed this game completely. Crawley are a dirty bunch and the ref is an absolute disgrace.
I just hope that injury isn't as bad as I fear!
Poor showing overall.
I have to say, his shit tackling aside they played good football in the first 15 mins. Their supporters though are absolute helmets.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Honestly apart from baleba, everyone seems terrified to get anywhere close to these ****s. And understandably so as a lot of their futures are in the balance with many looking at going out to other clubs. Get too tight and your season could be ended by some absolute gutter rat Crawley thug.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
A few players have been poor but none as bad as Verbruggen. Appalling first half, lost possession constantly, dropped easy crosses.

Hes quality but needs time and Steele should keep the shirt for a few weeks.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
First half Crawley what a bunch of thugs Williams number 26 is the worst how he’s still on the pitch I don’t know
Brighton looked bullied O’Riley looked crocked I would not be surprised if we don’t see him again this season
having said that Crawley have had the better chances and really should have put a couple away while Brighton looking a bit light weight it’s interesting that the only players giving as good as they get are Webster,Igo and Baleba the rest need to do the same

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Missed most of the first half but looking at the line up - FH has fielded a hotchpotch of academy and development players - looks more like the quality of team we were fielding at Bournemouth last May than one we could have after a very successful summer window.

Sensible for FH in retrospect though not to risk any important/key players in this very physical and poorly reffed match.

Bet TB is fuming that the challenge on Reilly has scuppered the start of his season at Brighton. Hopefully the Celtic lad is made of sturdy stuff and hasn’t broken anything. Disgracefully incompetent refereeing.

So - Not even a second XI tonight - but a 3rd XI.

Crawley are all pace, undisciplined aggressive press and bluster - they won’t be able to keep that level of energy for a second Half.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Honestly apart from baleba, everyone seems terrified to get anywhere close to these thugs. And understandably so as a lot of their futures are in the balance with many looking at going out to other clubs. Get too tight and your season could be ended by some absolute gutter rat Crawley thug.
That's not a good thing though. You have to fight fire with fire. I really felt that some of our delicate flowers wilted a bit. Heads down. Really only Webster talking. Baleba showing leadership with action as the 2nd half prgressed

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
2-0 Sarmiento

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Crawley manager has to take some responsibility for that assault - no doubt that he told his players to 'rough us up'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here