Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crawley Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I had the reverse. I had an excursion into West Lower, quite near the dugout - so I had a good view of Fab going mental. I liked being close to the pitch but I missed the atmosphere of the North.
I get that on the atmosphere. Had a couple of moments wondering if I’d change seats with my season ticket next year just because I liked the “feel” of the North even tonight and imagine it must be incredible after a goal like Pedro’s on Saturday - not to say it isn’t great in WSU, it is, but I imagine there’s an additional intensity being so close in the North…

…but I’m just above the opposition dugout in WSU and the view of things like Enciso’s goal against City, even less spectacular goals like Welbeck’s at the weekend, is something I think I’d miss!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
When you see a tackle like that, I can't blame someone for thinking "clubs should be able to sue each other for that kind of thing".
I understand why they can't and I'm not saying it would be a good idea. But that was a deliberate attempt to injure, which probably would have been criminal in another context. And it's cost the club the use of an asset they just spent tens of millions of pounds on. Just seems kinda wrong that the final whistle is the end of the matter.
Agree totally and I do wonder what options the club might have if he was out for the season. Probably none.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not great but for me it’s the sort of performance you might expect from a line-up with no track history of playing together. Knocked out of our stride when O’Riley was crocked but always had enough quality to see them off. Won 4-0. Some players got useful minutes. No point drawing any major conclusions.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It wasn't a great performance but that's hardly surprising given that this was really not a team but a group of individuals, some of them pretty young who got roughed up quite a bit. That said some great finishing.

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
Let’s see how many likes you get for posting this 😂
I’m just replying with facts to an over the top statement. In pre season, and at the start of this season, crawley have been playing good passing football, as they did last year with a totally different line up. And they tried to mostly tonight. Not defending anyone, just correcting a nonsense statement from the poster.

I was in the East Stand and the atmosphere was terrible. Almost felt judged for making a noise. I managed to turn quite a few heads just by joining in with a chant and shouting 'come on Albion'! Surely it's not usually like that?

It’s the extra quiet part of the ground, every club has them and there’s no part hammering us poor Easties for it. We’re too nice anyway we would just smile anyway if you did so.

Me and my son had a wander tonight to West Lower on the North stand side. We were both impressed by how much louder we thought the North Stand was - it’s just testament to the fact that sound just refuses to carry at the Amex past the halfway line to the East Stand where our usual spot is

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I’m just replying with facts to an over the top statement. In pre season, and at the start of this season, crawley have been playing good passing football, as they did last year with a totally different line up. And they tried to mostly tonight. Not defending anyone, just correcting a nonsense statement from the poster.
They did try to play and they stuck to their style but part of their tactical approach was clearly to kick 7 shades of sh1t out of our lads. Resulting in a key CM going off crocked 7 mins into the game. Williams would have at least got a yellow if it had not been in the 8th minute.

I understand why folks are a bit downbeat about the performance tonight but I’d like to give a shoutout to Adingra, I thought he was class in everything he did, he was my man of the match, he’s just been superb now he’s past that unfortunate period where we had to flog him to death cos everyone else got injured. The opening goal broke the game (as did the wonderful second goal) - getting the opener in that type of game was important as Crawley’s possession game could have caused more embarrassment without it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Both things can be true and, on tonight’s showing, they are.

They can play an attractive progressive brand of football when they have the ball, and be thuggish ****s without it.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
was kicking off after the match on the walkway to the train queues, seemed a lot of Crawley fans wanted a fight; totally unnecessary the homophobic chanting too. As for the match well I thought Crawley gave it real go and for a third of the game there wasn't much in it. Should they have had a pen? possibly and that may have changed things but the thing that impressed me again about us is we keep going until the final whistle - how many late goals like in ET do we score the stats must be showing this. Look forward to the draw now and a day out at Wembley would be nice - and not just the semi!

Last edited:

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011

If that's the case, that makes their display against us even more disgraceful. You're saying they CAN play football like normal people, but CHOSE to go in with two-footed tackles and other dangerous fouls every few minutes, costing us the use of an asset our club just spent tens of millions of pounds on?

If that's the case, I hate them more than I did before I read your comment. Scum club with scum players. [Edit: And having seen how Crawley fans are gloating online about the tackle and injury, I need to add "scum fans" to that.]

Last edited:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I had the reverse. I had an excursion into West Lower, quite near the dugout - so I had a good view of Fab going mental. I liked being close to the pitch but I missed the atmosphere of the North.
We’ve moved from behind the goal in the North to West Upper and it’s just a totally different experience. You can’t really see the game in the North, or what’s going on tactically. But the atmosphere is the best in the stadium. West Upper has some atmosphere, but if you’re sitting there it’s to get the best view of the football, and all the tactical going’s on that happen.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
It’s the extra quiet part of the ground, every club has them and there’s no part hammering us poor Easties for it. We’re too nice anyway we would just smile anyway if you did so.

Me and my son had a wander tonight to West Lower on the North stand side. We were both impressed by how much louder we thought the North Stand was - it’s just testament to the fact that sound just refuses to carry at the Amex past the halfway line to the East Stand where our usual spot is
Not trying to hammer anyone London Irish. I was just a little surprised at how quiet people were. Having said that, it probably wasn't the usual crowd and it was nice to be closer to the action.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here