Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crawley Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
i initially thought Crawley had our number and we’re playing some good impressive football that surprised me.
we looked obviously disjointed which was to be expected with no obvious leader on the pitch other than Webster.
they then turned all thuggish and individual skill showed through for us.
not a great performance, but considering the team, job done.

can’t ask for anymore really to be fair.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Of the “fringe players” I’d say Tarim and Samuel’s looked out of place tonight whereas ayari and Sarmiento look like keepers.

It’ll be funny how the club see it completely differently to me.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Win playing poorly with a completely changed 11, lot of fringe players got some game time into their legs.
Players lost control a bit after the injury. Where an experienced head or two needed to get everyone together.
A bit like Man Utd Crawley got in behind down the left side a few times and some of there approach work was alright.

The appalling attempt of a tackle was ridiculous. Should be a straight red tbh. Should have already been booked before then as well IMHO for his previous poorly timed tackle on Sarmiento. If he had been and the ref was stronger the 2nd tackle would never have happened unless he is genuinely as stupid as he looked.

Overall we never got out 1st gear won comfortably and Crawley can f*** off.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Weird feeling after that for the reasons others have already said, but I enjoyed my rare expedition from the WSU into the North…almost anarchic compared to my normal seat, in a very gentle, being quiet about it way (woman discretely sipping from a mini wine bottle very cautiously after checking where the stewards were, a teen berating another for not dialling down the steam on their shared vape so it was far too visible etc). All good fun.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought the only players who were decent were Webster and Igor - even Verbruggen looked shaky.

Baleba had his moments, but his decision making is poor.

I do wonder whether Ferguson and ACD were due to get on the pitch but Fab decided that he wasn't going to risk them against that team of neanderthals

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Scott Lindsey regards Crofts as a close friend, apparently.

I hope Andrew gives him a f***ing earful the next time they speak.
Blimey, the way Lindsey was trying to get at Crofts after the game I wouldn’t say they were friends. No love lost at all

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Weird feeling after that for the reasons others have already said, but I enjoyed my rare expedition from the WSU into the North…almost anarchic compared to my normal seat, in a very gentle, being quiet about it way (woman discretely sipping from a mini wine bottle very cautiously after checking where the stewards were, a teen berating another for not dialling down the steam on their shared vape so it was far too visible etc). All good fun.
I had the reverse. I had an excursion into West Lower, quite near the dugout - so I had a good view of Fab going mental. I liked being close to the pitch but I missed the atmosphere of the North.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Who was their manager having a go at ?
Watched it closely. He shook hands with Hurzeler then went out of his way to find his mate Crofts. Crofty was having none of it. Lindsey held his hand out for several seconds and kept trying but was told where to go. A few others got involved and Lindsey kept trying to come back.

No idea why he expected a friendly reception after they put in an old school reducer on a bloke we’ve spent months bringing to the club as a key signing.

Weird because they can play good football. All the more unnecessary. Not something we’ve seen from other lower division clubs in recent years.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I didn’t think we played well but still thrashed them which shows the gap in quality. The O’Riley injury has put a real dampener on the evening though.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I thought the only players who were decent were Webster and Igor - even Verbruggen looked shaky.
I thought Igor was poor, being allowed to carry the ball into no man’s land.

Bart rode his luck.

Good to see Pervis back after a long lay off but boy did he look out of touch. Probably needs a few more matches to get anywhere near first team sharpness.

Thought Baleba played well but faded towards the end as his fitness suffered.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Watched it closely. He shook hands with Hurzeler then went out of his way to find his mate Crofts. Crofty was having none of it. Lindsey held his hand out for several seconds and kept trying but was told where to go. A few others got involved and Lindsey kept trying to come back.

No idea why he expected a friendly reception after they put in an old school reducer on a bloke we’ve spent months bringing to the club as a key signing.

Weird because they can play good football. All the more unnecessary. Not something we’ve seen from other lower division clubs in recent years.
Yes but it’s Crawley. Bunch of thugs with a massive chip on their shoulder. I wonder how many of the 3000 they brought to the Amex watch their home matches. Just like those that went to Old Trafford a few years ago.

Horrible club.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
I was in the East Stand and the atmosphere was terrible. Almost felt judged for making a noise. I managed to turn quite a few heads just by joining in with a chant and shouting 'come on Albion'! Surely it's not usually like that?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Bit pissed off with the Baleba situation to be honest. Thought he was the stand out player and the one that should have been replaced after an hour with a view to Saturday.

Even when he starts cramping up we make changes and he remains on the pitch. Don’t get the reasoning behind that.

Seems to be a reoccurring theme with the young lad aswell, seems to struggle to get beyond an hour without cramping up, appreciate he’s full on energy but he’s only a nipper!

I really think this lad is the real deal and must be pushing for a place in our strongest XI.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here