Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool * Official Pre-Match Thread *

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought we ought to have just one thread. So I added another one.

Gawd knows what side either team will put out. I know what I would do. Put five across the midfield (with one out and out left winger) and have only one up front: Barnes.

Noone and Navarro to start and possibly Taricco.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Team:

Ankergren
Calderon Dunk Greer Taricco
Bridcutt Navarro
Buckley Dicker Noone
Barnes

subs: Brezovan (GK), Lua lua, Mackail-Smith, Cook, Hoskins, Vincelot, Harley

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Gus will want to put on a show in front of the cameras on Wednesday, make no mistake about that, with that in mind expect a near starting 11 as you had on Sat with maybe Vincelot in for Painter and either KKL or Buckley in for Noone. TV audience will be much higher Wednesday than Friday. CSM will start.

JFC to be one of the subs.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I think he should stick to roughly the same team that have got us in this excellent position so far (obviously without Marcos Painter). Maybe rest Barnes or CMS to play an extra winger/midfielder:
GK: Ankergren
RB: Calderon
CB: Dunk
CB: Greer
LB: Vincelot
CM: Bridcutt
CM: Dicker
CM: Harley
RW: Lua Lua/Buckley
LW: Noone
FW: CMS

Subs: Brezovan, Cook, Taricco, Sparrow, Buckley/Lua Lua, Barnes, Hoskins

Agree with a few in the other thread that Navarro is surplus to requirements when everyone is fit.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We have got to have four in midfield if Lucas is in their team. So we have to take off a left winger (Noone) or a forward (Craig Mackail-Smith).

But then Liverpool may play only three in midfield and we might get away with our normal 4-3-3 ?

My team gives the options. Buckley can play alongside Barnes if necessary.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm expecting a very strong Liverpool team as they search for a morale boosting victory after getting completely humped by Spurs and getting turned over by Stoke. Now way will 'King Kenny' want to lose 3 in a row with a Championship team being the 3rd!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
On the Left Wing

Would you prefer Lua lua in our team or Downing ?

Or Vicente (when fit) or Noone (when playing well) ?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Let's not forget we have two much more important games, against Leeds and Pikeys, coming up. Leeds only two days later. Surely it makes sense to rest a few people and give some of the other members of the squad a start?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Let's not forget we have two much more important games, against Leeds and Pikeys, coming up. Leeds only two days later. Surely it makes sense to rest a few people and give some of the other members of the squad a start?

This - I'd much rather we beat Leeds than Liverpool for both the good it'll do our League campaign plus I really hate Leeds, quite possibly more than any other club (yeah I know, Palace, but thats rivalry/banter more than hatred to me) :thumbsup:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
After last seasons's miserable defeat to Northampton, we ought to do better ......

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I wonder if Leeds will rest any of their players tomorrow against Man Utd. Most of their fans will say it is their biggest rivalry even though they've only played in the FA cup recently. Their victory last year almost threw their league campaign off track. Let's hope tomorrow night has the same effect.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think we rob them with a 90th minute winner, however many of us may have been robbed already

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I don't really go with 'What game is more important' - The next game is always the most important. We are on a good run - Keep a settled side. Last season we had a similar run of games in quick succession in March-April and Gus did not really rotate at all. When Gus did rotate around the turn of the year, results slipped a little.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here