Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool * Official Pre-Match Thread *

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
God is a Left Winger

Is that a serious question?

Ees complicated. Especially as both will be on the bench (Lua lua & Downing) on Wednesday. Unless God (Gus or Kenny) is Being ...

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Brighton v Liverpool

Some Liverpool fans are suggesting one upfront like Sunderland and like I suggested for us. This enables two wide midfielders to be played. That means Barnes and Craig Mackail-Smith to be rested and Buckley to start. Just for this match. Otherwise I prefer 4-3-3 (at home) and 4-4-2 away. I know Barnes has been dropping deep like an extra midfielder recently.

Team:

Ankergren
Calderon Dunk Greer Taricco
Bridcutt Navarro
Buckley Dicker Noone
Barnes

subs: Brezovan (GK), Lua lua, Mackail-Smith, Cook, Hoskins, Vincelot, Harley

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would expect Liverpool to play:

Reina
??? - Carragher - Coates - Enrique
- Gerrard ? - Lucas - Spearing
Suarez - Carroll - Kuyt

subs: Maxi, Bellamy, Henderson, ??? ??? ??? ???

FloridaGull

Aug 17, 2011
Brighton v Liverpool

Some Liverpool fans are suggesting one upfront like Sunderland and like I suggested for us. This enables two wide midfielders to be played. That means Barnes and Craig Mackail-Smith to be rested and Buckley to start. Just for this match. Otherwise I prefer 4-3-3 (at home) and 4-4-2 away. I know Barnes has been dropping deep like an extra midfielder recently.

Team:

Ankergren
Calderon Dunk Greer Taricco
Bridcutt Navarro
Buckley Dicker Noone
Barnes

subs: Brezovan (GK), Lua lua, Mackail-Smith, Cook, Hoskins, Vincelot, Harley

Hi, Perseus. I'm thinking we need to rest Barnes, Noone, and especially Bridcutt. I'd replace them with Hoskins, Lua Lua, and not sure of the third. Vincelot? Harley?

I also think we can win this. They have two suspensions (you'll never get sent off alone?) after Tottenham, Agger's injured, Dalglish is whining, and they seem to be demoralized. At least that's my theory :)

Hoskins will not start. Gus says on the Seagulls site that he may not play more than a few minutes, and that's if he is ready. Pretty much same for Vicente.

I'm convinced it will be Anks, back 4 same but with Tanno in for Painter (also confirmed by Gus on Seagulls)

We will play 2 wingers, so the bench will have Vicente (one of Lua Lua, Noone or Buckley, Vicente, Vincelot (in once Tanno gets tired, Cook, Sparrow, Brez)

We can have 7 on the bench for this game

CMS and Barnes up front.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hi, Perseus. I'm thinking we need to rest Barnes, Noone, and especially Bridcutt. I'd replace them with Hoskins, Lua Lua, and not sure of the third. Vincelot? Harley?

I also think we can win this. They have two suspensions (you'll never get sent off alone?) after Tottenham, Agger's injured, Dalglish is whining, and they seem to be demoralized. At least that's my theory :)

I don't think we have many options but to play Barnes. Hoskins will not be match fit. I would like to see Lua lua start against Leeds.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I reckon the scousers are there for the taking after Sundays mauling...not saying we'll beat them, but a giant killing could be on the cards! As long as we give a good account of ourselves, i'm not that bothered about the result, Friday is way more important though.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Would rather Carroll started than Bellamy as his pace will cause us all sorts of problems

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is that a serious question?

Would rather Carroll started than Bellamy as his pace will cause us all sorts of problems

Odds on it will both, but who will play out wide for Liverpool? Kuyt or Downing? or Suarez instead of a wide player?

With pacey players, the popular tactics say you play deep and that seems right. The decision is then when the intercept or not? It will doubly hard if Suarez and Bellamy play together. And then there might be Gerrard backing up. We have just got to make sure we have the ball.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Just one *? We are dooooommmed.

I'm pretty certainly we will loose this but I would like to see us have a decent go would be delighted with another 98th min Buckley winner thanks.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Face is their left back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here