Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Hoolies?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Why is Luton a place the Hoolies want to go to?

I dont want to just assume they were or stereotype, but we had a MASSIVE firm up in Luton on Saturday, all with the usual branded clothes and crates of lager for the train.

It was like the cast of football factory plus the extra's had turned up, all with the old school chants

Why this game? Where do they come from? What name do they go under?, it was pretty intimidating to see, so we ventured away from the station to keep our limbs intact.

Ive not seen a presence like that in years at the Albion

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

I dont want to just assume they were or stereotype, but we had a MASSIVE firm up in Luton on Saturday, all with the usual branded clothes and crates of lager for the train.

It was like the cast of football factory plus the extra's had turned up, all with the old school chants

Why this game? Where do they come from? What name do they go under?, it was pretty intimidating to see, so we ventured away from the station to keep our limbs intact.

History of discussions with Luton's local gents I would think.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Old Hooligans never die: they evidently just end up in Luton :lolol:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

It is the only place their "intellect" can get them to, even they can't screw up getting a direct train from Brighton Station. Apparently two scottish blokes informed me and my friends that the Brighton "firm" were in O'Neills on Euston Road in London while we were heading to Euston Flyer. Another question, WHY THE HELL WERE THEY IN AN O'NEILLS ON EUSTON ROAD? Hardly like they are going to run into Luton fans then.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Talking of the Euston Flyer, we popped in there on the way home, it is rather expensive in there...

It is indeed! I'm not a huge fan but it is usually alright to watch football there. Certainly a better option on that road than the rank scream pub(Rocket) or the previously mentioned O'Neills..

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I was on the 5.19. Which service did you get? Not Palace again was it???

We stayed in Luton for a couple of hours, then headed to St Pancra for a few beers. Plan was then to get the train to Haywards Heath for a couple (some of our lot are Worthing based and some Brighton, so it seemed a good plan). However we had a rather different experience on the Thameslink, that required a fairly hefty police intervention at London Bridge and one of our new 'friends' running down the line at London Bridge after he had been arrested.

So all in all, we did not make Haywards Heath for a beer.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was on the 17.34 straight outta Luton and I must say it was rather pleasant. Got a seat, no trouble. Marvellous.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
we were fortunate enough to see a load of them being marched into the station, before a jibsworth of a policeman telling us to basically "get on the platform or else, dont go into town as its not safe"

dont know what decade he was living in, but we managed to shake him off rather easily and ended up in a pleasant pub by the station - and lo and behold, not a sign of trouble

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was suprised at how easy it was to get a seat seeing as the platform looked rammed. Good job you did get a seat as you were asleep within 5 minutes!

I was knackered old chap having been out on the Thursday nite and Friday nite after REMF, getting up early Sat it was taking its toll!

Still went out Sat nite tho!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
We went from the Flyer to Mables and that was equally pricey.

Yup, I prefer it there slightly. Expensive Oranjeboom though!

Barren area for pubs really. Ruby on the Caledonian Road(just up from Kings Cross) is quite a nice bar but fairly pricey also.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was on the 5.19. Which service did you get? Not Palace again was it???

We were on that train! And yes Palace got on our carriage at E Croydon. They seem more interested in slagging off some Charlton fans on our train. Mind you they only twigged that Brighton were playing at Luton when they got off the train at Three Bridges, when they saw our programs.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Only about 70 went from what I hear. Luton claimed a result ovet Millwall recently and a chance for day out in London etc. Luton's (MIG's Men in Gear) Were having a drink with few BHA known to eachother but didnt have numbers to match.

So I hear.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
We were on that train! And yes Palace got on our carriage at E Croydon. They seem more interested in slagging off some Charlton fans on our train. Mind you they only twigged that Brighton were playing at Luton when they got off the train at Three Bridges, when they saw our programs.

They would have got on as we got off then.

I think I saw you on the platform - would have said hello but you were all Danny Dyer-esque, with collar up looking very street...

:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here