Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Hoolies?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When we last played at Rotherham and won 1-0 they made it pay on the gate at the last moment. There was a contingent of about 30 who turned up about 2.30 who definately weren't Brighton - these were blokes in their 30s and 40s who I suspect were from Sarf London who didn't make it all the way to Elland Road as Millwall were playing Leeds that same afternoon. Anyone who went to Chesterfield that season when Derby's crew were sharing the away terrace with us will know what I mean , you get to know the faces of the lads who "turn out" for the Albion.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
When we last played at Rotherham and won 1-0 they made it pay on the gate at the last moment. There was a contingent of about 30 who turned up about 2.30 who definately weren't Brighton - these were blokes in their 30s and 40s who I suspect were from Sarf London who didn't make it all the way to Elland Road as Millwall were playing Leeds that same afternoon. Anyone who went to Chesterfield that season when Derby's crew were sharing the away terrace with us will know what I mean , you get to know the faces of the lads who "turn out" for the Albion.
Plymouth 1986 away and we drew 2-2
A few of them decided to come in to the away end but they were found out and didnt stay long!
Palace away about 1982 (pre season friendly)was a similar story!

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex

Think you will find they were Brighton as a large group of us arrived at the groud around that time after leaving the pub and even though we had tickets had to go into the overflow stand. Millwall were not at Leeds that day they were only a few miles away in Sheffield playing United as we had the dubious pleasure of travelling home on the same train as them.

Fiery Jack

Jun 30, 2007
It is the only place their "intellect" can get them to, even they can't screw up getting a direct train from Brighton Station. Apparently two scottish blokes informed me and my friends that the Brighton "firm" were in O'Neills on Euston Road in London while we were heading to Euston Flyer. Another question, WHY THE HELL WERE THEY IN AN O'NEILLS ON EUSTON ROAD? Hardly like they are going to run into Luton fans then.

If they meet in a pub in London, I'd assume they were from various areas of London.

At a lot of our games in London, I see blokes I've never seen before, home or away, apparently singing Brighton songs and generally being rowdy in pubs. I always assume they're actually from the local rival club, or fans of other London clubs who've been banned from their own ground.

The last time (!) we beat Palace away, I saw a couple of blokes wearing West Ham shirts in the away end with us.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Saw them at the station, they weren't even Brighton fans (or hoolies), they were Millwall just looking for some trouble. The whole thing is a bit embarrassing really isn't it?

I can assure that said person is not Millwall but one of our fans since I know him

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
If they meet in a pub in London, I'd assume they were from various areas of London.

At a lot of our games in London, I see blokes I've never seen before, home or away, apparently singing Brighton songs and generally being rowdy in pubs. I always assume they're actually from the local rival club, or fans of other London clubs who've been banned from their own ground.

The last time (!) we beat Palace away, I saw a couple of blokes wearing West Ham shirts in the away end with us.

What a very strange comment!

At a 'lot' of our games in London you see blokes 'apparently' singing Albion songs -well either they are singing them or they're not singing them - there can be no 'apparently about it!!

And why would you assume that supporters of another/London club would sing Albion songs? Why cant the people singing them actually be Albion fans?

Probably the most retarded post of the year!

Jan 30, 2008
get your act together ,you're simply not ITK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here