Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fifth most disliked team....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I wouldn't get too worried about that site, I doubt that is a real reflection of what people think, let's face it, if 50 of us registered on that site I bet Palace would be top of the list, likewise, if 50 Palace supporters registered we'd be top. A load of old bollocks.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
bhaexpress said:
I can't be bothered anymore. I can now see plenty of others slagging him off and frankly, just his team, smalltime. I think most people realise now just how ignorant he is.

:salute:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hungry Joe said:
Were all of them odd, seems unlikely.

Remember its Plymouth we're talking about. Most of them have a certain inbred, odd-ish charm.

Re: Re: Brighton fifth most disliked team....

WATFORD O said:
completely believable. Perhaps those that voted have visited this site and 'chatted' to the likes of London Irish, BHAEXPRESS and other tossers like these...................

I'm Twatty's most disliked supporter of the fifth-most disliked team :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Part of it could easily be due to the way we play....although it hurts, you have to say that last season we rarely played pretty football. To be honest, most away performances I saw were about trying to contain the opposition and fluke something at the other end. It would help if the word "disliked" was clarified - as a neutral Sky viewer (for example), I certainly wouldn't have been rubbing my hands with glee at the prospect of watching us on TV.

I think our fifth most-hated position is entirely down to the rubbish facilities we offer and the difficulty that some loyal fans have in getting tickets even for that.

I run into a fair few Reading fans obviously at LI games, and they never stop bollocking on about Withdean being their single worst experience ever at a football match, right down to the complementary paper towels they were offered as they shown to their seated swimming pool area.

The Falmer stadium fight actually gets a near unanimous positive response wherever we go - I think they are repeating the soaking stunt at all games this weekend and I'm sure it will be universally well received and get us some good publicity on Sunday's The Championship.

Last edited:

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Re: Re: Re: Brighton fifth most disliked team....

London Irish said:
I'm Twatty's most disliked supporter of the fifth-most disliked team :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

No you are not. There are plenty in the ahead of you. You are just another turd. Shouldnt you be growing potatos?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
London Irish said:

The Falmer stadium fight actually gets a near unanimous positive response wherever we go - I think they are repeating the soaking stunt at all games this weekend and I'm sure it will be universally well received and get us some good publicity on Sunday's The Championship.

That's what I heard because I nearly volunteered but then realised I would miss the Derby match so chickened out.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I reckon a big part of the dislike is that we're seen as a team that gets a lot of media coverage and we're a bit of a media luvvies' team. There's some definite jealousy that we get more coverage than our lowly league position deserves.

There's some truth in that: we have some high-profile supporters and there are a fair few Brighton-supporting football writers.

But it's also down to some of the brilliant publicity campaigns that the club has run. If we've got good publicity, it's down to the likes of Tim Carder, Attila and the others who come up with some great ideas to keep Falmer in the public eye.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
London Irish said:

We were going to, but the Football League are running a big promotion which they don't want clashing with anything else, hence the stunt yesterday instead.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
London Irish said:
I think our fifth most-hated position is entirely down to the rubbish facilities we offer and the difficulty that some loyal fans have in getting tickets even for that.

Bollocks.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well LB, haven't seen you in a while how are things ?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
bhaexpress said:
Well LB, haven't seen you in a while how are things ?

Not bad, thanks. Yourself?

I believe there is a commonly-held misconception that Brighton fans are a smarmy bunch of whingers who are too often full of their own self-importance.

I hasten to add that I do not share that view personally, but I'm sure it has more to do with your position in this table than the state of Withdean.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here