Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion Vs Stockport County - Official match thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't people keep saying this about MA last season and look how that nearly ended up.

It was obvious that we were totally clueless under Adams from very early. So far this season, player madness/thickness has been what's cost us. We do seem to know what we're doing most of the time when we have 11 players on the pitch and at least Slade seems to have a plan B(4-4-2) even if he should maybe play it before plan A.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was obvious that we were totally clueless under Adams from very early. So far this season, player madness/thickness has been what's cost us. We do seem to know what we're doing most of the time when we have 11 players on the pitch.

Played 5

Won 0
Drawn 1
Lost 4

For 3
Against 15

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
I think once we have Jimmy Mac back, or at least a proper left back and drop Whing things may start to look up for us. Bennet sounded very promising tonight. Things can only get better so keep the chins up lads!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Think Slade needs to be given at least 3 more games to turn things around.

3 more games? Would you really consider sacking him after just 7 league fixtures? I would hope our new chairman would have more sense than that.

I can't believe people are so panicked.

Would anyone bat an eyelid if we picked up one point from four games midseason? Probably not and this run is an accumulation of a whole host of new faces, a bullet in the foot against Walsall and losing three men to red cards.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Alright lads,
Sounds like the referee is a right plank. Seems like he spoilt the game.

Like Bighead says - any team with Tunni/Dickinson/Dicker/Davies and eventually McNulty is more than capable at this level. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Good call, from a decent footie fan. Significant that two of the most positive and perceptive posts have come from Stockport supporters. That's an attitude we could really do with right now, among NSC's own.

Last edited:

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
I think once we have Jimmy Mac back, or at least a proper left back and drop Whing things may start to look up for us. Bennet sounded very promising tonight. Things can only get better so keep the chins up lads!
We were very promising in the first half. Our squad seems to have a lack to discipline or something. The substitutions he made were awful though so I hope he holds his hands up and admitts to that tonight. Either way, he's a proven manager at this level and he has bought in some good players. It's just a matter of the getting the perfect formula of tactics and squad selection. That and not bringing off our best player for no reason and then putting on someone with no discipline that will get sent off within 2 minutes.

SNOOPY

Feb 25, 2009
perhaps now he may start to play dicker and davies and tunny from the start you have a strong squad your manager is just crap i cant believe you lost. cant wait to listen to the slade bull****

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
of course given my location I have not seen any games this season, but if we want to start at Falmer in the championship Mr Bloom needs to bring in a good back room team, if that means getting rid of Slade so be it, dont forget Steve Gritt was dispatched shortly after he saved us from non league oblivion, unless a move is made soon we will be starting at Falmer in non league, it will be the best non league ground ever.

A change must be made before it is to late, Slade is given another 5-6 games we could be way adrift of Southampton in 2 months.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
3 more games? Would you really consider sacking him after just 7 league fixtures? I would hope our new chairman would have more sense than that.

Would anyone bat an eyelid if we picked up one point from four games midseason? Probably not and this run is an accumulation of a whole host of new faces, a bullet in the foot against Walsall and losing three men to red cards.

but if we lose our next 3 games?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
It was obvious that we were totally clueless under Adams from very early. So far this season, player madness/thickness has been what's cost us. We do seem to know what we're doing most of the time when we have 11 players on the pitch.

The thing is IMHO it wasn't Slade who kept us up last season, it was Gary Hart and a few other players who took it on themselves to put a bit of backbone into the team and grind out the results needed. Where are those type of players now with that kind of spirit in the first team?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
remove all basic wages from the team and pay them on performance only. Bet they start trying and keep themselves on the pitch if thats the only way they get paid

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Would that please you greatly?

You know it would.

The way a lot of our fans' knees jerk so much these days I fear they might.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

It's ok for you - you can have fun taking the piss out of the Convicts for the cricket! :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The thing is IMHO it wasn't Slade who kept us up last season, it was Gary Hart and a few other players who took it on themselves to put a bit of backbone into the team and grind out the results needed. Where are those type of players now with that kind of spirit in the first team?

You may well have a point, I'm not really convinced by Slade long term but having given him a contract, we really do need to give him more time. You can't keep sacking managers every few months.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
ure shit and u know u r ur shit and u know u r ur shit and u know u r ...ha ha going down going down going down:tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here