Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion Vs Stockport County - Official match thread

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
You may well have a point, I'm not really convinced by Slade long term but having given him a contract, we really do need to give him more time. You can't keep sacking managers every few months.

It is better that than not getting anyone through the gates because there is nothing worth watching, and not getting promotion in time for Falmer.

I'm not quite ready to call for Russell Slade's head on a spike yet, but maybe after one more chance. This is bollocks! :angry:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Would that please you greatly?

Russell Slade is not cutting the mustard , you are only as good as your last result. Denis Wise is waiting in the wings , he is a high profile personality , he will get the players to perform or ship them out. TB will clear the decks with BB and DW getting the bullet as well.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
By all means, fire Slade....

...if it will make US feel better. It's not like it will make any actual difference.

Leader succession and organizational performance: Integrating the common-sense, ritual scapegoating, and vicious-circle succession theories. W. Glenn Rowe , Albert A. Cannella, Jr, Debra Rankin, and Doug Gorman (The Leadership Quarterly, Volume 16, Issue 2, April 2005, Pages 197-219)

Abstract:.... Previous sports-related studies have concluded that between-season succession (ritual scapegoating theory) does not impact team performance, and within-season succession (vicious-circle theory) tends to worsen team performance. We confirm these conclusions.

The problem is on the pitch. The problem is always on the pitch.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Its concentration after we score and what seems like a lack of discipline which is the backrom staffs job. same old same old, it all seemed so promising. I fear for friday night !!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Only 9 points ahead of Saints now.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Russell Slade is not cutting the mustard , you are only as good as your last result. Denis Wise is waiting in the wings , he is a high profile personality , he will get the players to perform or ship them out. TB will clear the decks with BB and DW getting the bullet as well.

So if we win next week you'll be saying how good a manager slade is?

bighead

May 4, 2009
Easy to be sympathetic when you have just won 4-2 away from home.

Sorry, I bite.

It would be far far easier to come on here and come out with drivel like "We're the greatest side ever and you lot are poop. 11 goals on two games hahahaah!"

But I didn't because I know exactly what it is like and know exactly where sacking managers early on gets you.

Trust me. I have watched my team freefall because of it. Slade kept you up last year when he had no right too. You do not lose that overnight and especially with the players you have signed. As a fan looking in I see you have had a difficult start but have the squad and the manager to get you out of it. As a fan looking out you're angry and want something to change.

From what I heard of the game there were two reasons you lost 1. You missed a penalty and let your heads drop. 2. Had 9 men. Pulling a shirt in the box is not the smartest thing to do by all accounts when down to 10 men but that is hardly the managers fault now, is it?

Had you scored your penatly I have no doubt we would of crumbled. Football is a funny old game like that and we got the rub of the green (plus we have Fon Williams. Cracking keeper..) but you will gain the same sort of advantage through the season..

Also, when I replied it was 3-2 and you looked lively. Take my advice and best wishes as you will though..

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
dreadful what will it take for a win..... dont even look like getting one. we prob couldnt even beat a conference side at this rate. slade out jimmy gannon in ...... i wish

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So if we win next week you'll be saying how good a manager slade is?

No , because I didn't rate him at all when he was appointed and thought he would get us relegated (fortunately that didn't happen). I still dont think he has the right qualities to make us successful in the short to medium term. I was slated last season for my thread on his match record but have chosen not to resurrect it as I will get flamed again.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
dreadful what will it take for a win..... dont even look like getting one. we prob couldnt even beat a conference side at this rate. slade out jimmy gannon in ...... i wish

Oh come on! That was only pre-season, that means nothing! We will be wonderfull when the season starts!

Oh shit - it has! :dunce:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Shocked by some of the comments on here.

Everyone was going on about how mad it was sacking Brian Gunn after just two games recently and now we've had a bit of a bad start, with a whole host of new players who have barely played together, everyone's out for Slade's head.

I thank the far more constructive Stockport fans for their comments.

We need to get over ourselves and start giving the team and manager support.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
RS acknowledges that some fans did boo him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Now I know why today is happening like this.... my wife disappeared for half an hour then came back... she'd been to the doctors for a pregnancy test... seem I'm going to be a Dad again.

Congratulations!

Didn't people keep saying this about MA last season and look how that nearly ended up.

It "nearly ended up" that way because we stuck with MA for 40 games. Not exactly the same thing as saying "give him 3 more games" after only 4 league games, is it?

No , because I didn't rate him at all when he was appointed and thought he would get us relegated (fortunately that didn't happen). I still dont think he has the right qualities to make us successful in the short to medium term. I was slated last season for my thread on his match record but have chosen not to resurrect it as I will get flamed again.

So, a manager is only as good as their last result, if their last result is a loss compared to them helping save off almost certain relegation 5 league games prior?

Fair and balanced.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

That makes no sense. You state in one sentence that 'you're only as good as your last result' to justify criticism of Slade, then in your next post you say that if Slade wins then that wouldn't justify praise of Slade. :shrug:

As for your thread on his match record last season, that was rightly slated. It came across as you essentially gloating when we lost and being bitter when we won. I'm sure that's not how you felt but that's how it came across. And it certainly wasn't productive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here