Doncaster 14/1

Leeds 20/1

Nottm Forest 25/1

William Hill

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmm you very rarely see a bookie on a bicycle as they say...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Probably about right with Wilkins hanging onto the deadwood.We need a good striker otherwise we are in the shit

This is not going to be as easy a league as some on here may think.

There are some quality teams this season and I suspect it will be the strongest division it has been for some time. Top 6 finish would be quite an achievement with or without a new striker.

Let's hope the boys get us off to a positive start and we all get behind them

Yoda

English & European

There are some quality teams this season and I suspect it will be the strongest division it has been for some time. Top 6 finish would be quite an achievement with or without a new striker.

Where've I heard that before? ;)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would think a reasonable start should stand us in good stead. We, apparently, don't have a CKR type player (wanting away) disrupting harmony and we are not going to sack Wilkins after 4 games. We have players coming back from injury and we have made a very good signing in Whing. A useful start is essential as the young guns tired towards the end of last season, if we do not want to be hovering above the relegation zone late on in the season.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I would think a reasonable start should stand us in good stead. We, apparently, don't have a CKR type player (wanting away) disrupting harmony and we are not going to sack Wilkins after 4 games. We have players coming back from injury and we have made a very good signing in Whing. A useful start is essential as the young guns tired towards the end of last season, if we do not want to be hovering above the relegation zone late on in the season.

The issue is we have the spine of an OK side, but even though we have 6 forwards on the books, not one of them looks capable of scoring enough goals needed to mount any sort of promotion push.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So the bookies have us to go down then.
I might have a sneaky tenner on, just to soften the blow like. At least it'll go towards a piss-up if it happens.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The issue is we have the spine of an OK side, but even though we have 6 forwards on the books, not one of them looks capable of scoring enough goals needed to mount any sort of promotion push.

If we can blend Reid back into the side then that would certainly go some way to helping fix the problem. Along with full backs with better distribution. Whing was essential in our decent run and I would like to see Rents consolidate a place in the team. He is certainly alot better at distribution than Mayo and dead ball situations. The quality of ball should improve and have a knock on effect.

Having said that, I do agree that we do need a proven goalscoring striker, but what can you buy with peanuts? :down:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
If we can blend Reid back into the side then that would certainly go some way to helping fix the problem. Along with full backs with better distribution. Whing was essential in our decent run and I would like to see Rents consolidate a place in the team. He is certainly alot better at distribution than Mayo and dead ball situations. The quality of ball should improve and have a knock on effect.

Having said that, I do agree that we do need a proven goalscoring striker, but what can you buy with peanuts? :down:

Not sure how Reid will improve the goalscoring. Even we we created chances last season at times we seemed more capable of wasting them than scoring them.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I agree, Its a much stronger league than last year.

Leeds, Southend and Luton are stronger than Scunthorpe, Bristol and Maybe Blackpool - while at the other end Swindon, Bristol, Hartlepool and Walsall will provide a tougher task than Bradford, Chesterfield, Rotherham and Brentford.
Add to that Nottingham Forset and Millwall and its going to be tough to break into the top 8.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So the bookies have us to go down then.
I might have a sneaky tenner on, just to soften the blow like. At least it'll go towards a piss-up if it happens.
You'll get £30 including your stake - a whole year after you put it down. Doesn't seem worth it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here