Lynch
Rents
Reid/Hart
Hammond
Bertin
Cox
Revell
Savage/Elder/New Striker

That is not a relegation team. All depends on Bertin and injuries though as after that its pretty dire.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Kuipers
Whing
Butters/Hinshelwood
Lynch
Rents
Reid/Hart
Hammond
Bertin
Cox
Revell
Savage/Elder/New Striker

That is not a relegation team. All depends on Bertin and injuries though as after that its pretty dire.

If we don't get to keep Bertin, I thought ElAbd played pretty well in the holding position in the diamond before his arrival.

Also I think you can put Fraser and Jakey above the "pretty dire" mark.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So we're either a shit team going nowhere or we're two or three players short of a decent side? Heh, heh, I love NSC.

Personally, I sway towards the latter on two points... One, I largely agree with goldstone and Albion Dan above there, and two, for whatever reason, we were a pretty decent side away from home. Nine wins away from home is top half/play-off form. That is NOT indicative of a shit side nor a shit manager.

It does possibly appear to be indicative, however, of a sense of 'stage fright' or lack of confidence in front of the home crowd. It's something Dean Wilkins is very concerned about and is determined to put right next season. Hence his going for experience in searching for that elusive 20+ a season striker, rather than youth.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I do not think we will go down as Dick Knight would sack Wilkins and get a decent manager in well before that would occur, so there is no way will be go down. With Wilkins in charge I expect more of the same basically and if he did stay all season we would go down or be very close to going down. What I am saying is that I think Wilkins in a full season would take us down but Knight would not allow that so I expect Wilkins to be sacked sometime next season. I hope he proves me wrong but from what I have seen I doubt it.

With a decent manager in charge and a yes to Falmer we can start to lay the foundations off the pitch and on the pitch by attracting decent players which is more likely with a name in charge and someone who has contacts and football nous in wheeling and dealing. We also need someone who can motivate the players and make decent substitutions during the course of the game.

If we do not have a good away record next season we will be in real trouble as the pressure will really be on at home. As we had some wins away it in fact took the pressure OFF the players performing at home so the pressure can only get worse.

Also its time to stop using the " they are young players learning their trade " excuse as this will not wash next season.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I hope Dean proves me wrong, some people mistake being critical as being doom and gloom, I want BHAFC to be as good as they possible can and Wilkins is not the man to chieve this, you can carry on hero worshipping the man if you want but I will not.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I hope Dean proves me wrong, some people mistake being critical as being doom and gloom, I want BHAFC to be as good as they possible can and Wilkins is not the man to chieve this, you can carry on hero worshipping the man if you want but I will not.

Never hero worshiped him, unlike you and McGhee. There were areas of concern with Wilkins last season, but there were also areas and spells where improvements had been made.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
fair enough Piers

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
think we are in for a long hard struggle, especially given the way last season ended

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If it's a YES to Falmer - and if LDC f*** off and die and don't mount their usual pathetic legal challenge - then it's time to start pumping fairly serious money into the playing side. Cos when they start laying the foundations for the Community Stadium at Falmer it suddenly becomes important that the team are at least competing at a decent level and there's a bit of a buzz.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here