Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton 4th Favourite to be relegated

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Some people here are talking about the play-offs, GET REAL!:nono:

Personally I think we will do very well to get to the top half. I think it will possibly be a simmilar season to last season, but possibly a few places higher. 15th.

Look at our back up strikers, if revell or savage cant play. Elder is going to improve, but the other two,:thud::nono:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Preferred last season's odds of 10/1.

9/4's about right: Comedy Bas won't get the goals we need, Revell's not been the same since he came back from injury, Jakey and Coxy aren't finding it fun anymore. The midfield can only contribute SO many goals. It's proper striker or bust IMHO.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cox thinks he is better than he is about 6 , Savage will get about 12, Robinson about 7 , Hammond about 7, Revell about 10, 42 league goals plus 10 from ano, about 52 for season

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Although we are far from a great team and probably have no chance of even challenging for a promotion/play-off place, I also feel that we will not be in the relegation fight as well.
This is a young team basically the same as last year that will be better for another years experience but as with the general consensus we are deperate for a strike that can atually score.
I think this will be a season of midtable obsurity, something that will be new to this club and not really help on the attendance front.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I think the Falmer decision will have a big bearing on our season . If it is a yes it will galvanise the Board and the whole club to think not just survival at Withdean but to actually look forward to a decent future . That hopefully will inspire confidence on and off the field !

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I think the odd's are a little harsh. Anything is possible if we can get a few more decent players and have a good start. No-1 would have expected scunny or yeovil to finish where they did..so imho next season will be no different.

The bookies have released the odd's way too early for me, and I certainly wont be betting on anything yet. I'm not too confident in wilkins as a manager, but the door is open for him to succeed. The currant crop need a couple of real quality players to lift the whole side...otherwise it could turn into a stale bunch of players fighting to stay up again.

a respectable & boring 13th place is what I feel will happen which will keep the fans happy. A mid-table finish will be far more excepted than a mid-table finish by mcghee..oh well onwards and upwards.

DICK WE NEED A REAL DECENT STRIKER OR WE COULD PROVE THE BOOKIES RIGHT!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Although we are far from a great team and probably have no chance of even challenging for a promotion/play-off place, I also feel that we will not be in the relegation fight as well.
This is a young team basically the same as last year that will be better for another years experience but as with the general consensus we are deperate for a strike that can atually score.
I think this will be a season of midtable obsurity, something that will be new to this club and not really help on the attendance front.
I agree with that.
Kuipers
Whing Lynch Butters/Hinsh Rents
Reid Bertin? Hammond Cox
Elder Savage​

Looks a fairly decent side to me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Those bookies must have SEEN us PLAY! :lolol:

Quite. In terms of form after about, oh, November, we were stone BOTTOM. As in zero points out of 12 over Xmas/New year, and thereafter, every shit team at the bottom who hadn't won away from home for Yonks coming to 'The' Withdean and going home with an easy peasy day at the office and three points in the bag. If there's no new signings, specifically one or more credible strikers, this season will be DIRE.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interesting the combination of gloom and optimism on here and must admit I am swinging between the two extremes.

If we do as badly in the transfer market as last summer I can't help feeling we will struggle at the bottom and could go down...we were pretty poor at the end of last season after all

On the other hand, with Reid back to boss midfield (???) and if we get a decent striker we just might be around the mid-table to play off level. I keep looking at who we have now and coming back to wondering if Elder might be the one to make a breakthough. Only seen him once so it's probably a fantasy but..................

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think the bookies are factoring in the possibility [god forbid] of a no to Falmer. I reckon they take the view if it is a no there will be such adverse off field attention with a massive drop in morale the results will suffer and relegation will be a near cert.

I reckon a yes to Falmer will result in a re-think of these odds.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
We have.... a very poor manager

Seems a very harsh judgement as the bloke has been in first-team management for less than one season. Wilkins strikes me as bright, open to new ideas and not afraid to shoulder responsibility (compare and contrast with the interviews the hapless Hinsh gave during his losing streak in 2002/03). Given a modicum of luck, not to mention that elusive 20+ striker, I think he may surprise a few people next season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Elusive 20 goal+ striker.

I seem to read that in nearly every football thread. It seems it is easy to buy one with enough cash. If it was that easy then every team would have one. :p
Why not have several strikers capable of scoring 10-12 goals each. Opposing teams wouldn't know which one to man mark throughout a game or try and hack down.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the bookies are factoring in the possibility [god forbid] of a no to Falmer. I reckon they take the view if it is a no there will be such adverse off field attention with a massive drop in morale the results will suffer and relegation will be a near cert.

I reckon a yes to Falmer will result in a re-think of these odds.

If its a no to Falmer we may as well fold the club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Things change very quickly. If Falmer gets the all clear (thereby attracting players) and Forster ends up here, those 9/4 odds are going to look a bit stingy.

At the moment I'm clinging on to the fact that we looked a MUCH better side when Whing was playing, and now he's here for good.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
My opinion, for what it's worth:

We've got Whing. Excellent news.

Reid's back. Excellent news.

If Elder is as good as his first start against Cheltenham (and I believe he has the potential), he will be good for 15-20 goals. Excellent news.

We don't have Henderson to gift goals and points to the opposition (Bournemouth away!). Excellent news.

So there are four real positives before we're out of June.

Another midfielder and probably another striker would certainly be welcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here