Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Clough has Died

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, I remember Clough's reign here well, I really 'appreciated' the way he swanned off to Las Vegas to watch a boxing match rather than do the job he was paid for. I also was at both of those hummiliating defeats. It was Peter Taylor who did the work at all of his clubs bar Leeds and look what happened there.

I had scant respect for Clough and I make no apologies fr it.

I just wonder how many of his fans on here remember his brief stint here. Even the man himself said that he let us down badly.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Clough was big enough to admit that it was a mistake to leave and that Mike Bamber was the best chairman that he ever operated under.

If it had not been for Dong Revie being given the England job and Cloughie replacing him at Leeds he would have built a dynasty at the Goldstone similar to what he achieved with Forest.

He was eccentric, fond of a shandy or two, but a lover of football and that is why fans took him to their hearts. No spin, no flim-flam, no PR.

Oct 5, 2003
Bamber and Clough a winning combination unlike the jokers we have now. We had the best chairman ever and the best manager ever in Mike Bamber and Brian Clough pure genius both of them

RIP the Great CLOUGHIE

i hate derby

May 28, 2004
brighton
as a forest fan living in brighton i'd just like to say thanks for your messages/thought's.......[ see you on the 29th] bring a shirt or scarf for the shrine to the great man......

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lush said:
My first ever game at the Albion was Cloughie's first game in charge.

My dad thought it might actually be worth going along now they had a decent manager. And the rest, as they say....

:(

I was in the North Stand with my school mates for that game.

20,000 v York City (I think) the game was 0-0.

I often wonder if WE would have been the "Forest" of the late 70s/early 80s if he and PT had stayed.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I remember his answer to the press when asked if his son Nigel was leaving Forest for a big money move a few years back.``Its not up to me ``he said, ``you`ll have to speak to his mother.``

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not the best manager for the club, but certainly the best manager to ever manage the club. The autobiography was a gem. RIP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here