Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Clough has Died

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Great loss. It's quite true in football terms you can talk about life at the Albion from it's inception until Clough and Taylor as the years BC (Before Clough). Him and Taylor (not forgetting Bamber who employed him) gave the Albion a huge push forward and made everybody realise that we didn't have to be a 3rd divison side for eternity.

All three of them gone now. RIP.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A legend

RIP

:angel:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Footballing legend

RIP

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Football has lost one of the truly great characters of the game. He will be sadly missed.
R.I.P.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Gilliver's Travels said:
The Legend: For Cloughie begat Taylor, and Taylor begat Ward.

For newer readers, Peter Ward was bought in 1975 by Peter Taylor from Burton Albion, for £4000.

Brian Clough: Albion Legend indeed.

And Brian made Nigel Clough the Albion mascot .... Nigel then went on to manage Burton Albion .... completes the circle

On the Left Wing said:
And Brian made Nigel Clough the Albion mascot .... Nigel then went on to manage Burton Albion .... completes the circle
Not quite.

Cloughie did that when he dropped Peter Ward off the Forest team bus by the side of the motorway.

You have to have heard Wardy's own account of this incident to get the full significance. And maybe today is the wrong day to recall the story.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Flashback to the day he left the Albion ...

BClough2.jpg

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Lord Bracknell said:
Not quite.

Cloughie did that when he dropped Peter Ward off the Forest team bus by the side of the motorway.

You have to have heard Wardy's own account of this incident to get the full significance. And maybe today is the wrong day to recall the story.

Very true ...

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
A very sad day.

Brian Clough - a true football legend. RIP

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
"Clough began his football career at his home-town club Middlesbrough, and enjoyed a successful career, scoring 204 goals in 222 games and winning two England caps."

From the BBC site - I didn't realise that he was a great player - that is some scoring record!!

RIP.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
TrevorDove said:
"Clough began his football career at his home-town club Middlesbrough, and enjoyed a successful career, scoring 204 goals in 222 games and winning two England caps."

From the BBC site - I didn't realise that he was a great player - that is some scoring record!!

RIP.
just read that myself, amazing scoring record that would put most of todays strikers to shame, did'nt realise he was this good a player.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
A truly great chacter. He was surely the best manager that ever lived. To do what he did with Derby and Forest was truly amazing. We will never see the likes of him again.

I always wondered what shape this club would be in now if he had stayed two or three seasons longer...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here