Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Clough has Died

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Always a sad day when someone dies, but even sadder when a great man passes away.

On Man Utd opting-out of the FA Cup to play in the World Club Championship, he said "Manchester United in Brazil? I hope they all get bloody diarrhea."
"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."

How he would like to be remembered. "I want no epitaphs of profound history and all that type of thing. I contributed - I would hope they would say that, and I would hope somebody liked me."

Contribute he certainly did.
RIP Mr Clough.

Last edited:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Remember him telling Mick Channon he should be an undertaker cos MC kept banging on about “getting bodies in the box “

Priceless ...

Brightonian74

Sep 18, 2004
Bevendean
A true football character

R.I.P

A TRUE football character. This is the kind of manager that would knock the 'prima-donas' right into place.

Football has lost a winner.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Was it Brian Clough who wouldn't let Peter Ward play i the Cup Final? "I haven't so I don't see why he should" was I believe his excuse.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Caveman said:
:nono:

You're not worth £5 Palace!

R.I.P
That wasn't Clough it was Mullery in the infamous Cup Replay (starring Ron Challis).

Mind you Cloughie might have said it as it's undoubtedly true.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
You can't really imagine Cloughie resting in peace though?

So Brian, any disputes with God yet?

"Well, we talked about things for twenty minutes and then we decided I was right."

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A really bad day for football.

Cloughie was one of the few remaining links with the world before the over-hyped Premiership with it's overpaid egotists.

Sadly, no top level manager would get away with his style any more because any player who gets put in their place starts crying like a little girl and runs off to their agent.

I'll miss Cloughie - just like I miss football as it used to be.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There'll never be another.:nono:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Clough is dead ? So what ? He may have been a 'legend' elsewhere but he did f*** all for this club other than rip it off. The only significant thing he did for us was to lead us to two of our worst ever defeast, 8-2 at home to Bristol Rovers then 4-0 to Walton and Hersham in the cup.

Not much sadness from me.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
bhaexpress said:
Clough is dead ? So what ? He may have been a 'legend' elsewhere but he did f*** all for this club other than rip it off. The only significant thing he did for us was to lead us to two of our worst ever defeast, 8-2 at home to Bristol Rovers then 4-0 to Walton and Hersham in the cup.

[/QUOTE

Do you judge everybody on a what have they done for me basis?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I was so proud of being a Brighton fan when Cloughy came. I know he went off to Leeds and had a hard time there but as said before, his assistant Peter Taylor #1 remained which really paid off for us.

Cloughy did so well with Forest & Derby and was a real character in the game. He was never scared to speak his mind!!

He took the overpaid footballers (not the Seagulls) down a pit and said that's how real men earn a living and spend it on football. Players had to give of their best for fans like that.
No prima donnas in his team.

RIP Cloughy

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
dougdeep said:
bhaexpress said:

[/QUOTE

Do you judge everybody on a what have they done for me basis?

If I feel they have ripped me off which Clough did then yes of course I do, don't you ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here