Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Clough has Died

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brian Clough has died...

Being reported by Sky and Talksport

Would loved to have seen him manage England..

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Rest In Peace Brian. you were a true legend. My thoughts are with your family :angel:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
aahh f*** man thats some sad news :nono:

R.I.P. Brian Clough

Oct 5, 2003
R. I. P the Great BRIAN CLOUGH

read his autobiography very good read recommend it.

see his son's team Burton Albion beat Crawley 1-0 on Sat, he has sum living up to to do, Brian was a great Manager one of the best of all time among the great Sir Bobby Robsons of this world and a superb charracter. Was a pleasure to have him Manage the Great BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION FOOTBALL CLUB, i trust our next game the players will be wearing the armbands in utter respect for this legend among legends a true genius, great guy, the one that got away from the Enmgland job how sadly the country missed him we mightve won another World Cup had he been in charge, shame.

R.I.P. BRIAN CLOUGH

PS anyone know did he ever get a MBE or alike? if not he shouldve and if he hasnt can he still qualify now he's dead anyone know?

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
That's terrible news. RIP Brian Clough, one of the games true characters and legends.

Last edited:

FG aka FOOTBALL GENIUS said:
R. I. P the Great BRIAN CLOUGH

read his autobiography very good read recommend it.

see his son's team Burton Albion beat Crawley 1-0 on Sat, he has sum living up to to do, Brian was a great Manager one of the best of all time among the great Sir Bobby Robsons of this world and a superb charracter. Was a pleasure to have him Manage the Great BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION FOOTBALL CLUB, i trust our next game the players will be wearing the armbands in utter respect for this legend among legends a true genius, great guy, the one that got away from the Enmgland job how sadly the country missed him we mightve won another World Cup had he been in charge, shame.

R.I.P. BRIAN CLOUGH

PS anyone know did he ever get a MBE or alike? if not he shouldve and if he hasnt can he still qualify now he's dead anyone know?

OBE - he said it meant Ol' Big Ead

He wasn't at the Albion for long but he started the ball rolling. Up till then we were a nothing club; when he arrived he made a difference and there was always something happening after that.
As for managing England I don't think so. The blazers would have never stood for it, and anyway his real skill was getting average players to perform above their normal level. He could motivate people to produce a standard of football they'd never played before or since.
RIP Cloughie, when they made you they broke the mould :clap:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Sadly gone .... in a strange way Brian was responsible for the Albion's greatest times, because without him we would never have had the Peter Taylor / Alan Mullery years.

RIP Brian

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He's a right good bloke. My mate is a Burton boy and he said that Brian went week in, week out and relly got into it and always made time to chat to people.

Legend in his own time.

RIP Cloughie.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How very sad. One of the few true characters left in the game. He was always top entertainment, and his post-match interviews always made for compulsive viewing.

RIP Brian, you will be missed.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Very sad news. Cloughie lived long enough just to see his unbeaten record, in which he said that he was prouder of than his two European Cups with Nottingham Forest, get beaten by Arsenal recently. A true legend of the sport. :(

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
RIP Cloughie, one of English football's true characters and an Albion legend, he will be sorely missed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here