Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Coming to a free trade agreement with the EU should be "one of the easiest in human history" because our rules and laws are already the same, the international trade secretary has said.

Liam Fox is to set out his vision of the UK's trading relationship with the rest of the world after Brexit.

"The only reason we wouldn't come to a free and open agreement is because politics gets in the way of economics," Dr Fox told the Today programme.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-40667879/eu-trade-deal-easiest-in-human-history

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm surprised that one of the enthusiasts hasn't picked up on the piece about Nissan in this morning's FT.

Looking for a way to keep things rolling in the event of tariffs being erected between them and their biggest market, the company is considering (among many other options apparently) the idea of concentrating almost entirely on the UK market. They believe they can get their UK market share up to 20 per cent, which equals 400,000 vehicles, a little more than it's producing in the present dark days. The good news is that more of the supply chain would presumably be UK-based; the less-good news is that 400,000 is (a) very ambitious and (b) still well below Sunderland's capacity and expanding sales would be dependant on the government cracking some great trade deals to replace the ones they seem prepared to run down at the end of the year. Not entirely bad news though.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Could you define the problems you are describing in said towns and cities and then provide your evidence that those problems are caused by the decline white population/culture rather than other factors like, for example poverty, unemployment etc?

Could you be less naive?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sorry to gatecrash this private party but perhaps you might, with your intellectual superiority, explain to the many millions who voted to leave a far from ideal trading bloc because they saw no hope of reform ( and we are all agreed it does need reforming and in 47 years there has been no CAP reform ) just what the future does hold for those countries left in the Union? What will the EU do to help the impoverished southern Mediterranean countries, that have been economically destroyed by the Eurozone. Will it continue to allow the two power brokers, France and Germany, to continue to forge ever closer trading relationships, outside of EU general terms? Will the EU continue to grow, embracing the whole of the European land mass, except Russia? Will it push on with this expansion, despite every sensible forecast and all previous history, suggesting that expansionism on this scale is unsustainable. On the homefront, will the 80%+ of all business in this country ( approx 3.5 - 4 million ) and who do no direct trade with Europe, benefit or not from now being outside the rules and regulations of the EU? And while you are at it, will we beat Watford on Saturday?

All those businesses have suppliers, the florist that buys from a UK wholesaler, is buying flowers that flew in from Holland usually, the mechanics are fitting parts, some of which will have originated in Europe, and there will be few if any regulations that they face now that will be wiped away completely, whether it is a UK standard or an EU standard, standards will still be there to be complied with. What regs do you think are making life difficult and can be done away with? And we will stuff Watford, 5 - 1.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
You make me laugh.

I don’t see anything I say or do as racist or xenophobic. I’m trying to preserve my country for the future.

Fascist? I don’t try to stop people expressing their views, that’s Antifa’s job.

Yes, I believe what I post. If what I post isn’t true, then I’ll be really happy.

I can assure you I am not racist. You’re going to have to back that up if you say it again, it’s a very serious claim.

If I proposed that 1000’s of white people go to Ethiopia and outbreed them with the view to eventually take over, I think that would be racist.

Can I just check that you do realise that the number of immigrants from a country outside of the EU are controlled by our government?

I do love the comment, "I am not racist" when your whole argument is against people of darker completion than yourself, because they will introduce sharia law, because they are all Muslims.

Based on your Ethiopia example, a mainly christian country, it would seem that you think that people with brown skin are purposely having big families to remove white Caucasians. Is this really what you think?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Could you be less naive?

How is asking you to define the problems you are talking about and provide evidence naive?

You are drawing many conclusions on this thread and I was wondering if you can actually back then up. I have my answer, thanks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I feel reinvigorated since Jan 31st. Marvelous feeling. :clap2:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There’s no criteria, I don’t think white people should be the minority in this country, just the same as my friend not wanting white people to be the majority in his native country. The Sharia Law thing is something else.

I lived in Dewsbiry in West Yorkshire for six years in the 70s. There is quite a few Asians living there who were the first to build a mosque.
What percentage of the town do you think are Asians now?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Even the Johnson loving Laura K and Robert Peston walked out in solidarity with their fellow journalists.

Number 10 seems to think their large majority in the house entitles them to think they are running a dictatorship.
Maybe now the press will start holding them to account.

It's a bit nauseous saying this, but well done to The Sun and Daily Mail here

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's a bit nauseous saying this, but well done to The Sun and Daily Mail here

I felt dirty reading it, and even dirtier having a smidgen of respect for them doing it.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Can I just check that you do realise that the number of immigrants from a country outside of the EU are controlled by our government?

I do love the comment, "I am not racist" when your whole argument is against people of darker completion than yourself, because they will introduce sharia law, because they are all Muslims.

Based on your Ethiopia example, a mainly christian country, it would seem that you think that people with brown skin are purposely having big families to remove white Caucasians. Is this really what you think?

Yes, I do know that is controlled by our government.

Second point, nope. You haven’t understood what I’ve said. I’m not against any people for a start, my main point was that I didn’t think it was good that the white population was going down by about 4% each decade. As for the Muslim point, it’s an ideology, not a race and a large number of them want Sharia Law. I’m worried by the fact that that might increase.

I don’t think those people are purposely having big families to remove us, although some of them have said so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here