Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We have to have a change in mind set.

The EU is now just another "country/trade entity".

If we are unable to negotiate a trade deal with them, it is what it is. No blame anywhere, the leaders just can't agree.

If we cannot agree a trade deal with the US, or with Japan, or with India etc. etc. we do not blame those parties, we just realise that we couldn't agree anything.

And we get a trade deal at some point in the future when the leaders can agree.

Which would be fine if we had confidence our leaders knew what they did want. I don't believe they do.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Which would be fine if we had confidence our leaders knew what they did want. I don't believe they do.
Of course they don't.

They have prioritised deadline over content. This will mean it will be a disaster.

I just don't think you can blame one particular side.

They either agree and we all cheer, or they don't. And we then wait for more pragmatic leaders to make the agreement in future times.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
And ignore the fact that we already had a perfectly good trade in place with everybody already? One where we had no tariffs or customs checks when products and services crossed 27 different borders, and another one with the US that protected our interests as a trading block as large as them?
Sadly that is ancient history now. A battle of the past. The dice have now been rolled.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They either agree and we all cheer, or they don't. And we then wait for more pragmatic leaders to make the agreement in future times.

The problem is that the things which will be impacted are things like food, energy and medical supplies. Many people cannot afford to just sit around and wait for someone sensible to take power, that could be another decade away.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sadly that is ancient history now. A battle of the past. The dice have now been rolled.
It isn't "ancient" - we haven't even left the EU yet, we are in a transition period where we do as we are told but don't have a say in it.

Regardless, the dice may well have been rolled but hopefully we will roll them again in a decade or so, once the self harm becomes apparent. I don't know about you, but I'm not accepting this hoodwinking of a large rump of the population. I hope we are given the chance to go back in, perhaps in the next decade or two.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The problem is that the things which will be impacted are things like food, energy and medical supplies. Many people cannot afford to just sit around and wait for someone sensible to take power, that could be another decade away.
We have no choice now. Best focus on what we can change day to day. That includes not wasting valuable energy debating the lost battles of the past.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It isn't "ancient" - we haven't even left the EU yet, we are in a transition period where we do as we are told but don't have a say in it.

Regardless, the dice may well have been rolled but hopefully we will roll them again in a decade or so, once the self harm becomes apparent. I don't know about you, but I'm not accepting this hoodwinking of a large rump of the population. I hope we are given the chance to go back in, perhaps in the next decade or two.
For sure, anything is possible within 10 years.

I don't see the point in worrying about what will be a disasterous initial deal at the end of the year. The real battle will be fixing things after it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For sure, anything is possible within 10 years.

I don't see the point in worrying about what will be a disasterous initial deal at the end of the year. The real battle will be fixing things after it.

The battle before that will be the one that ensures the donkeys running the show are held to account for the disastrous deal you speak of. The right wing pro-Brexit press have already decided they will not be doing that for us - yesterday's Sunday Telegraph headline illustrates that perfectly.

If we a truly crap deal from the US and from the EU, it will be the fault of Brexiteer politicians who told everyone we'd be far better off. Not the fault of the EU, and not the fault of suspicious remainers.

Jan 30, 2008
The battle before that will be the one that ensures the donkeys running the show are held to account for the disastrous deal you speak of. The right wing pro-Brexit press have already decided they will not be doing that for us - yesterday's Sunday Telegraph headline illustrates that perfectly.

If we a truly crap deal from the US and from the EU, it will be the fault of Brexiteer politicians who told everyone we'd be far better off. Not the fault of the EU, and not the fault of suspicious remainers.

Get over your self and dry your eyes , you really are the standard bearer for undemocratic lunacy
:wink:
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008

Comedy gold :laugh:
Regards
DF

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...de-deal-with-eu-ahead-of-pms-speech-live-news

Political journalists walked out of No 10 Downing Street this afternoon in protest at the government planning to give a briefing on the EU only to selected reporters - banning The Mirror, i, Huffington Post, PoliticsHome, Independent and others from attending.

Reporters on the invited list were asked to stand on one side of a rug in the foyer of No 10, while those not allowed in were asked by security to stand on the other side.

After one of Boris Johnson’s most senior advisers, Lee Cain, told the banned reporters they must leave the building, the rest of the journalists decided to walk out rather than allow Downing Street to choose who scrutinises and reports on the government.

Among those who refused the briefing and walked out included the BBC’s Laura Kuenssberg, ITV’s Robert Peston and political journalists from the Daily Mail, Telegraph, the Sun Financial Times, and Guardian.

The briefing was due to be given by government officials, who are meant to be neutral, rather than political.

The tactics from No 10 mirror those of Donald Trump in the US who has been known to try to exclude journalists from reporting on his activities and represents an escalation of Johnson’s tensions with the media, which have been ramping up in recent weeks.

Oh good we're going full ****ing Trump are we.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Comedy gold :laugh:
Regards
DF

Ppf voting to get Iain Duncan Smith back into power, so that he could roll out his Universal Credits in order to force people off benefits and back into work :shootself

s-l300.png

Now that, my pathetic little nazi supporting, homophobic, racist, anti semitic, moronic friend, IS comedy gold :laugh:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here