Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Who didn't have that figured out before the referendum ... it was always going to be the case :shrug:

I mean it would have been nice to have somebody think about how to solve these issues rather than just go for it and see if we can recover afterward. From start to finish it was never really a brains operation was it.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Sounds to me just like the criticisms of Remainers before the Referendum - then, we were accused of scare-mongering when we pointed out the economic consequences. Now, we're accused of wallowing in self-pity! It's interesting that even leaders on the Brexit side are now championing economic policies which are only necessary to try to deal with the massive negative impact of Vote Leave. These policies will increase inflation, ruin many people's pensions, (further) transfer wealth from the poor to the rich, and store up yet more huge debts for our children and their children to repay. All the benefits (in terms of our national finances) created by 5 years of austerity will be reversed at a stroke. It is complete and utter economic madness. Unfortunately, as I've said many times on here (apologies!) - it is the poor and disadvantaged who will suffer.

Yes but at least the poor have got their country back so it's not all bad

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You can do what you like mate.

must be great for you to come on this thread when you believe all the people who voted(nearly everyone on the thread)are stupid

tell me again why anyone should take any of your comment seriously or even think they are worthwile

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sounds to me just like the criticisms of Remainers before the Referendum - then, we were accused of scare-mongering when we pointed out the economic consequences. Now, we're accused of wallowing in self-pity! It's interesting that even leaders on the Brexit side are now championing economic policies which are only necessary to try to deal with the massive negative impact of Vote Leave. These policies will increase inflation, ruin many people's pensions, (further) transfer wealth from the poor to the rich, and store up yet more huge debts for our children and their children to repay. All the benefits (in terms of our national finances) created by 5 years of austerity will be reversed at a stroke. It is complete and utter economic madness. Unfortunately, as I've said many times on here (apologies!) - it is the poor and disadvantaged who will suffer.

That's more a continuation of negativity than a description of self pity. Would you agree it might be best to wait more than a couple of weeks before we completely right of Brexit as an economic disaster?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
must be great for you to come on this thread when you believe all the people who voted(nearly everyone on the thread)are stupid

tell me again why anyone should take any of your comment seriously or even think they are worthwile

I would say about 70% of the UK population were too stupid to vote on this matter. As in too I'll informed, lack of research, false motives, and plain lack of knowledge as to what the EU does for this country. So what's that? About 45.5 million I think. There's your answer. I believe there are 45.5 million people in the UK too stupid to vote on such matters. Including me.
I would say I am too stupid to vote on matters of such importance but vote I was required to do and vote I did.
So there's your answer.

P.S don't try your usual "your opinion is worthless" crap just because someone is giving you as good as you're dishing out. It butters no parsnips round here.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
However much our elected representatives choose to allocate?

Well actually the people voted for a centre aligned tory who has quit, the people will not be voting for the new more right wing leader which is inevitable. The further right you go the less they care about social responsibilities like the NHS, benefits & social housing. Well done :clap2:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Leave voters really cannot come up with one single, watertight argument for their decision. Their argument collapses with each attempt at justification.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes our money returned to be spent by our elected representatives on UK priorities rather than by the EU on their priorities.

That won't happen. The NHS will continue to be underfunded until it is deemed untenable at which point it will be sold off to "solve the problem". This is now able to happen unhindered. Well done.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
nice try
you had no intention of deciding,you made that clear

you already decided voting was pointless so yes your opinion on the referendum or its consequences will always be irrelevant

actions have consequences
I said it was a waste of time, which has been proven so up yours.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So that is how much? You starting to see the issue here?

i see. you want every leaver to present a fully itemised budget for the rest of the parliament? or are you unable to accept a simple answer, one you implicitly agree with when saying the people are too stupid to vote and leave it to the elected representatives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here