Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Those who fail to acknowledge how bad Brexit is for us please watch. If this extract is representative, the Australian establishment is laughing at us and our trading powers, and really who can blame them!

...but we know from the dwindling number of hardline Brexiters on here that their minds are locked and bolted with some fuzzy notion of 'sovereignty' within..

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Those who fail to acknowledge how bad Brexit is for us please watch. If this extract is representative, the Australian establishment is laughing at us and our trading powers, and really who can blame them!

...but we know from the dwindling number of hardline Brexiters on here that their minds are locked and bolted with some fuzzy notion of 'sovereignty' within..

But that makes the whole Australia deal sound like a farce from beginning to end

How Boris blundered into £10bn Australia trade deal concession scrawled on paper outside loo​

Boris Johnson blundered into a crucial Brexit trade deal concession with Australia over a chaotic dinner with prime minister Scott Morrison at No 10, it was claimed today. He was bounced into signing a disastrous post-Brexit agreement after the Australians seized on a schoolboy howler over meat import quotas during negotiations. A furious Liz Truss, then international trade secretary, tried to unstitch the deal but was told by the gleeful Australians that her boss Mr Johnson had already “given away the kingdom”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-boris-johnson-australia-deal-b2350229.html

Oh .. As you were. When Liz Truss is pointing out how f***ing stupid you have been :lolol:

Still, we knew what we were voting for, onwards and downwards :shootself

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
But that makes the whole Australia deal sound like a farce from beginning to end

How Boris blundered into £10bn Australia trade deal concession scrawled on paper outside loo​

Boris Johnson blundered into a crucial Brexit trade deal concession with Australia over a chaotic dinner with prime minister Scott Morrison at No 10, it was claimed today. He was bounced into signing a disastrous post-Brexit agreement after the Australians seized on a schoolboy howler over meat import quotas during negotiations. A furious Liz Truss, then international trade secretary, tried to unstitch the deal but was told by the gleeful Australians that her boss Mr Johnson had already “given away the kingdom”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-boris-johnson-australia-deal-b2350229.html

Oh .. As you were. When Liz Truss is pointing out how f***ing stupid you have been :lolol:

Still, we knew what we were voting for, onwards and downwards :shootself

I'm very concerned for our farmers. How do we get out of this deal? A reminder why Australian beef is cheaper and inferior to ours...

Take the catering industry, they will mostly buy on the cheapest. How do you tell your Beef and Ale pie down the pub isn't laced with hornone beef, you can bet your bottom dollar the origin will not be labelled.

In summary British beef could soon become the preserve of the wealthy only with many of our producers driven out of business, this at the very time when we need food security

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Teenagers using the phrase “it’s a bit Brexit” when describing something that’s shit should tell us what the next generation thinks of the mess has been made of the country with Brexit.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm very concerned for our farmers. How do we get out of this deal? A reminder why Australian beef is cheaper and inferior to ours...

Take the catering industry, they will mostly buy on the cheapest. How do you tell your Beef and Ale pie down the pub isn't laced with hornone beef, you can bet your bottom dollar the origin will not be labelled.

In summary British beef could soon become the preserve of the wealthy only with many of our producers driven out of business, this at the very time when we need food security

To be honest, I'm not that concerned for farmers in general; or should I say, I'm not that sympathetic with the 65% of them that voted to leave the EU.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be honest, I'm not that concerned for farmers in general; or should I say, I'm not that sympathetic with the 65% of them that voted to leave the EU.
The breakdown of farmers votes was 52% out 48% in, just like the national vote. The NFU recommended to vote Remain.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I hold my hand up.

It's close season and I googled 'did Sam Allardyce vote Brexit?'.

Answer: of course he did. Enjoy this article:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Ok I'm in big time

Here's him at 40 seconds in - taking Gundogun, Bernardo Silva AND Phil Foden out of the game in 2 seconds

Has he signed yet?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I hold my hand up.

It's close season and I googled 'did Sam Allardyce vote Brexit?'.

Answer: of course he did. Enjoy this article:

Genuinely I'm more surprised Nigel Farage voted for Brexit than I am that Sam Allardyce did. I'd imagine him and Warnock were basically camped outside the polling station hardly able to wait to vote Leave.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ah I see we’re back to belief again

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anybody seen loose New Potatoes in the supermarkets yet this year ? Seen a few bags of pitiful looking " Washed Jersey Royals " in Lidl the other day but nothing in Morrisons ? Usually see Cypriot, Canary Islands, then Spanish then Jerseys...is this another Brexit loss ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So we have the leadership of the Brexit campaign admitting that it's a total f*** up whilst all blaming one another despite them being given an 80 seat majority and a completely clear run to implement the 'Brilliant Brexit Deal' that they all wanted. Meanwhile their supporters have all decided to 'move on' in much the same way the Crystal Palace coach driver 'moved on' leaving everyone else to deal with their steaming pile of :shit:whilst offering absolutely no solutions :shrug:

And now they are already moaning and whining about the cost of living, the spiralling cost of food, escalating migration, the complete lack of staff throughout the care, hospitality, farming and NHS industries, the failing economy, industries crashing, the Government they elected to 'Get Brexit done' turning out to be totally incompetent and corrupt, etc, etc whilst pretending it's all nothing to do with them :dunce:

All completely and utterly predictable and highlighted throughout this thread. Those who didn't vote for it still have my sympathy, but for those that did and insisted they knew what they were voting for, enjoy getting what you wanted and the next 18 months of the same or worse. It really didn't need Mystic Meg to predict that the tea towel would be the highlight did it :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Genuinely I'm more surprised Nigel Farage voted for Brexit than I am that Sam Allardyce did. I'd imagine him and Warnock were basically camped outside the polling station hardly able to wait to vote Leave.
I wouldn't expect anything less from ignorant thick Northern monkeys.

That's my massive sweeping generalisation used up for this week. 😂

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Aussie’s laughing at Britain. No surprise, especially as they are now able to flood our supermarkets with poor quality meat putting our own farmers out of business. But I did like the images of an MG driving around Sussex (Chailey!). 1:35.

IMG_2711.jpeg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
To address something raised on another thread -- that Brexit was of the left and right -- I want to make a point clear.
Brexit was, is and remains a project of the right. It was propelled on the whole by insular nationalism, within a world of global supply chains where most economies trade across the globe in complex networks, but the vast majority do the vast majority of their trade with their near neighbours. It was always a bad idea for this very reason, and we're having an extended demonstration of this point, and we'll have to endure that for some time yet too.
Yes, there was a left position on Brexit, which has often gone under the name of Lexit. Yet that was very much a minority position, in large part driven by the Trot left who were of the view that the EU was/is a neoliberal project. There were one or two other more sensible left commentators -- Larry Elliott springs to mind -- that advocated Brexit but, beyond that, can't think of too many others.
So, yes a small % of the Brexit vote was from the left, but there's no equivalence here, as it was clearly a right project.
And Brexit is just one latest reason to re-consider whether you're of the right or left. There are plenty more out there too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here