Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You're very sensitive when it comes to someone pointing out the lies of the remain campaign .... I really can't imagine why. And FYI, my daughter has just been offered a place at Portsmouth Uni that includes the 3rd year abroad .... around 50 uni's across the world INCLUDING EU ones. So really, stop with the lying.

I'm genuinely pleased for her because I know from my own experience with students what a huge concern this is for most, (and you said previously that Sussex University offered her the same). How have they managed that with no replacement for Erasmus in place as I'm sure this could put thousands of students minds at rest and I'm sure a few other parents on NSC.

I did ask when you said about the Sussex one, but you didn't reply (or I missed the reply), or is it just simply that you have to pay for everything in addition and there is no 'programme' ?

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Posted on this thread at the request of [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION]

These views from last December have aged well ....

Nothing has changed for me, I still hope we haven't cut corners and I still hope that our decision to be the only country in the world to go "off label" with Pfzier vaccine applications intervals is the correct one. So far so good though...

But are we protecting our hard won advantage on the vaccine roll out?

We failing to secure our borders because the government are terrified drivers won't come to the UK because of Brexit, so we let them in untested (even drivers from Portugal as well)

Another Johnson gamble, he never learns...

Capture.JPG

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Posted on this thread at the request of [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION]

These views from last December have aged well ....

And then check out these...

I have more belief in this country and it's people's ability to thrive as a more independent nation just like the vast majority of other countries in the world

Superstate including Turkey. There's another 70 million potential new UK citizens.

We can better spend the £13 Billion we sent to Brussels last year on projects like the NHS or revitalising a UK steel industry.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And what do you think the Loyalist terrorist groups are trying to achieve ? I ask because despite voting for an Irish Sea Border, I know you are one the most Ardent self confessed Unionist supporters on here and I would, therefor, expect you to have an insight.

Because I'm buggered if I know :shrug:

It does seem a bit odd your continual complaining about the Brexit deal when you wanted a no-deal outcome. Can you talk us through your thought process (assuming there is one)?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Nothing has changed for me, I still hope we haven't cut corners and I still hope that our decision to be the only country in the world to go "off label" with Pfzier vaccine applications intervals is the correct one. So far so good though...

But are we protecting our hard won advantage on the vaccine roll out?

We failing to secure our borders because the government are terrified drivers won't come to the UK because of Brexit, so we let them in untested (even drivers from Portugal as well)

Another Johnson gamble, he never learns...

View attachment 133325

I know nicko, always anti-UK .... team eu all the way.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
heres an interesting one, EU Says A Post-Brexit Shellfish Export Ban Is Indefinite, After Government Claimed It Was Only Temporary. apart from not being in the deal and devastating to the shell fish industry, interesting because begs the question where does the EU consumer find the tons of shell fish no longer from the UK?

It does seem this group of people really have been thrown overboard. But sacrificed for in return for what in favour of the UK?

I'd happily buy UK shellfish, but can you buy in a mainstream supermarket? Personally I think we're all missing out, the whole situation makes you realise we do have a world class product. Never like the idea of cooking live lobster though, makes me shudder a bit

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And then check out these...

Thanks for posting those wise words but please avoid editing my posts in the future.

Out for a few reasons.

I have more belief in this country and it's people's ability to thrive as a more independent nation just like the vast majority of other countries in the world, than those who are happy to defer to an EU overlord.

Prefer to have the chance to vote out the people who make the policies and laws that effect this country.

I would rather this country retain some sort of unique British identity rather than be subsumed into a multicultural mish mash.

Cooperation and partnership with our friends in Europe does not have to be conducted through an ever expanding all encompassing political project which is causing instability across Europe.

I welcome controlled immigration but we haven't got it. Immigration is too high over 50% of the public think this is a concern only by voting out do we regain the power to stem the flow.

I would rather the insufficient housing stock and any future builds be prioritised for UK citizens. Same goes for jobs.

This is a once in a lifetime chance they won't let us near real power ever again, far to risky, so think long term ... an inevitable drive to a Superstate including Turkey. There's another 70 million potential new UK citizens. Probably be bullied into having the Euro using the same doomsday arguments by the same vested interests at some point.

We can better spend the £13 Billion we sent to Brussels last year on projects like the NHS or revitalising a UK steel industry.

For those who are more anti establishment/ big business minded perhaps ask why the UK/European elites combined with big business all want us to stay in and threaten numerous doomsday scenarios if we dare think differently.

This will be the only chance we will ever get to exercise true direct power over the future of this country it would be a shame to do as we're told.

:bowdown:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I know nicko, always anti-UK .... team eu all the way.

Anti-UK?

Yes questioning our border security and overall government competence. Incidentally, where was Priti Patel during that vote in the commons last night on tightening the borders?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Anti-UK?

Yes questioning our border security and overall government competence. Incidentally, where was Priti Patel during that vote in the commons last night on tightening the borders?

Yes, always making a negative point about the UK even in relation to the vaccine debate. If you could quote some of your posts where you have sided with the UK position against the EU in any of your thousands of contributions I am happy to amend my statement.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Maybe YouGov might like to ask the re-join question again once it's made clear that we wouldn't rejoin under the same terms as we had before - we'd lose our rebate, we'd lose some of the opt outs we'd agreed and most importantly we'd have to join the Euro.

Assuming the EU is still in existence I think it's pretty obvious that all of us wittering away on here will be long before there's even a slight chance we could eventually have a rethink. Bizarrely I think the #team EU crew on here really believe we might rejoin quite soon and continually whinging on a football forum actually makes a difference :facepalm:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
heres an interesting one, EU Says A Post-Brexit Shellfish Export Ban Is Indefinite, After Government Claimed It Was Only Temporary. apart from not being in the deal and devastating to the shell fish industry, interesting because begs the question where does the EU consumer find the tons of shell fish no longer from the UK?

It's another one of the little " Grey Areas " that have arisen post-transition, as I see it while in the EU we could supply " Un-purified " shellfish because we were fellow members and our food standards were accepted on the nod as it were. Once we have left we have to conform to third country import standards and as such " Un-purified " is not allowed but the UK government seem to have assumed mistakenly that the previous situation would roll over.

It's not a total disaster but it means any shellfish exports need to be stored in cleaned seawater for a period of time in order to rid themselves of impurities..... grit and shit to be honest, it's what my Dad would do after getting a half bucket of Winkles off Rustington beach. Only problem is, this will involve a large investment in salt water tanks and storage and cause a slow down . it's what is being repeated in myriads of ways after 50 odd years of assumption.

Edit : Forgot to add, the EU will try to source a compliant source of shellfish or go without.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes, always making a negative point about the UK even in relation to the vaccine debate. If you could quote some of your posts where you have sided with the UK position against the EU in any of your thousands of contributions I am happy to amend my statement.

The problem is what you define at the UK position is the UK governments position. Their pursuit has been to persuade people to act against their own interests and reward their mates and donors

In additional overall poor governance further has further eroded our own interests. Feel free to defend them if you wish

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It does seem a bit odd your continual complaining about the Brexit deal when you wanted a no-deal outcome. Can you talk us through your thought process (assuming there is one)?

You really are easily confused aren't you ?

I wanted and voted Remain. If you forget in future you can just have a little look at the Poll at the top of every single page in this thread :dunce:

So as an ardent Unionist, what do you think these loyalist terrorist groups are trying to achieve, because from what I can see, they seem to be angry about the Irish Sea border you voted for and that would mean
72596784.jpg
which surely can't be right, because you wouldn't be stupid enough to do something like that, would you ???

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's another one of the little " Grey Areas " that have arisen post-transition, as I see it while in the EU we could supply " Un-purified " shellfish because we were fellow members and our food standards were accepted on the nod as it were. Once we have left we have to conform to third country import standards and as such " Un-purified " is not allowed but the UK government seem to have assumed mistakenly that the previous situation would roll over.

It's not a total disaster but it means any shellfish exports need to be stored in cleaned seawater for a period of time in order to rid themselves of impurities..... grit and shit to be honest, it's what my Dad would do after getting a half bucket of Winkles off Rustington beach. Only problem is, this will involve a large investment in salt water tanks and storage and cause a slow down . it's what is being repeated in myriads of ways after 50 odd years of assumption.

Edit : Forgot to add, the EU will try to source a compliant source of shellfish or go without.

That there will be one of those Brexit opportunities that we've all heard so much about :thumbsup:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You really are easily confused aren't you ?

I wanted and voted Remain. If you forget in future you can just have a little look at the Poll at the top of every page in this thread :dunce:

So as an ardent Unionist, what do you think these loyalist terrorist groups are trying to achieve, because from what I can see, they seem to be angry about what the Irish Sea border you voted for and that would mean
View attachment 133337
which surely can't be right, can it ???

No hiding place Wz ... "As I have already explained from the moment you got Johnson as head of your Conservative and Unionist party well over a year ago, I have wanted and thought 'no deal' most likely" ... so, back to the question you tried to avoid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here