Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Not to worry we will all be holidaying on Europes mainly empty beaches getting the shits the good old fashioned way :thumbsup:

British holidaymakers can look forward to having the beaches of southern Europe to themselves this summer – without a German towel in sight – thanks to the European Union's vaccine fiasco, a leading German economist wrote gloomily in Spiegel magazine on Tuesday.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-sight-british-tourists-will-have-beaches-eu/

Still cheering people not getting vaccinated?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
EtKIT-TW8AE4CKz.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Anyway back on the topic of these loyalist terror groups that you seem not to want to talk about.

I can't decide whether to wait for the next bout of whataboutery or watch sheff utd ?

Looks like given the known facts at the time, I analysed them and made the right call yet again (despite both your favourite accounts best attempts to entertain :wink:)

But back on topic,

And since you seem unable to answer what the Loyalist paramilitaries are up to (obviously I know you're not capable of answering and me keep asking is just a bit of a wind up :wink:) but we should get back to the proper serious topic.

But why are checks carried out in NI, why are loyalists, or unionists, unhappy about the rules and what would they like to see instead?

Some unionists believe the NI protocol breaches the Good Friday Agreement and poses an existential threat to NI's constitutional status within the UK.They say the Brexit deal has cut NI adrift from the rest of the UK, pushing Belfast further away from London and closer towards Dublin, paving the way for an "economic united Ireland".

There has been some disruption at NI ports due to increased paperwork and bureaucracy. As a result of this, a number of supermarkets have reported declining stocks of some products, while other firms have stopped trading with NI altogether.

This had led the Democratic Unionist Party, NI's largest party, to call on the UK government to invoke Article 16 of the Brexit deal, a mechanism that would remove the NI protocol. Earlier this month, senior DUP MP Ian Paisley claimed the sea border was an "unmitigated disaster" and urged the UK government to invoke Article 16

But it remains unclear what the DUP wants to see replace the Irish Sea border.

Seamus Leheny, a policy manager at Logistics UK, which represents freight operators, said at the beginning of January that those calling for Article 16 to be revoked need to propose a "realistic alternative". He said: "You can't just walk away from this. I think to invoke Article 16 you'd create more problems compared to what we're facing today."

It appears to me, a mere bystander, that they don't know what they want , but the one thing the Unionists do seem to agree on is that they are very angry at you and what you voted for.

I'd keep my head down if I was you :thumbsup:

I'm sure the whataboutism can wait till the morning. Keep yourself and POTG? entertained :bigwave:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
"Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) Assistant Chief Constable Mark McEwan told the BBC there was no evidence to corroborate an anonymous claim that any of the main loyalist paramilitary groups were behind this."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55901429

What conflicting evidence have you obtained that its the work of Loyalist paramilitaries?
Have you done the correct thing and informed the Police service of Northern Ireland?
How dangerous do you think it is to be an enabler of unsubstantiated rumours?

Well at least amongst our Brexiteer friends you seem to have realised it's important. Yes, I know, damning with faint praise :wink:

This was where I got the information on loyalist paramilitaries

Paramilitaries are ‘real threat’ after post-Brexit border checks halted in Northern Ireland, ex-police chief warns

Paramilitaries present a “real and significant threat” after the shock halting of post-Brexit border checks in Northern Ireland to protect staff, a former police chief is warning.The alarm was raised over two loyalist groups after food inspections were suspended at Belfast and Larne ports following an “upsurge in sinister and menacing behaviour in recent weeks”

Alan McQuillan, a former assistant chief constable in Northern Ireland, said the graffiti had made “direct threats to border staff or staff working at the border posts”. And he added: “This area is a real hotbed of Loyalist paramilitarism. There are two major Loyalist paramilitary groups there and both of them do represent a real and significant threat.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-northern-ireland-paramilitaries-b1796198.html

But I'm sure you know best and if they're not the same main paramilitary groups that are in your report, I'm sure they're just boyscouts ???

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well at least amongst our Brexiteer friends you seem to have realised it's important. Yes, I know, damning with faint praise :wink:

Paramilitaries are ‘real threat’ after post-Brexit border checks halted in Northern Ireland, ex-police chief warns

Paramilitaries present a “real and significant threat” after the shock halting of post-Brexit border checks in Northern Ireland to protect staff, a former police chief is warning.The alarm was raised over two loyalist groups after food inspections were suspended at Belfast and Larne ports following an “upsurge in sinister and menacing behaviour in recent weeks”

Alan McQuillan, a former assistant chief constable in Northern Ireland, said the graffiti had made “direct threats to border staff or staff working at the border posts”. And he added: “This area is a real hotbed of Loyalist paramilitarism. There are two major Loyalist paramilitary groups there and both of them do represent a real and significant threat.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-northern-ireland-paramilitaries-b1796198.html

But I'm sure you know best and if they're not the same main paramilitary groups that are in your report, I'm sure they're just boyscouts ???

And your personal assumption that loyalist paramilitaries were responsible for that incident.

“Anyone any ideas as to what is it the Loyalist paramilitaries are trying to achieve by this and how can it be resolved “

from that article this morning apparently (your admission of where you got it from) even though that article does not actually blame loyalist paramilitaries for the incident, does not correspond with the statement by police from later on in the day on that incident

"Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) Assistant Chief Constable Mark McEwan told the BBC there was no evidence to corroborate an anonymous claim that any of the main loyalist paramilitary groups were behind this."

You carry on with the fake news though

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Still cheering people not getting vaccinated?

The numbers as of today actually show Germany has vaccinated more than the UK. And by vaccinated I mean vaccinated ie given both the doses. I guess [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] overlooked this in his despicable point scoring post though.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I’ve just popped into to the NSC Pub and asked if anyone had seen WZ, man on the door said I’d find you as always on the Brexit thread [emoji6]

Anyway earlier today you suggested the below
f51c69531edde5b914c61799264bbdd7.jpg

So I guess today is a good example of you having a day off from your partner, family, friends and your apparent active lifestyle is it ?

31 posts and still counting, and only 3 hours between 9 & 9 that you didn’t post anything !

I’d suggest you’ve spent most of your waking day on here[emoji6]

Keep up the good work x

And remember when you do the inevitable cross examination of my activity (you know you will) it’s not me that said “I don’t spend every waking minute on NSC” [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And your personal assumption that loyalist paramilitaries were responsible for that incident.

“Anyone any ideas as to what is it the Loyalist paramilitaries are trying to achieve by this and how can it be resolved “

from that article this morning apparently (your admission of where you got it from) even though that article does not actually blame loyalist paramilitaries for the incident, does not correspond with the statement by police from later on in the day on that incident

You carry on with the fake news though

Yes, you've repeated the exact same article as you posted earlier.

Now, even I can't believe that I'm asking this, but from the insinuation of your post above, that it isn't Loyalist paramilitaries threatening NI customs staff (I'll give this a line to itself)

Are you suggesting it's Republican paramilitary groups that are threatening the NI customs staff :eek:

And if not, who do you think it is that are threatening NI customs staff :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’ve just popped into to the NSC Pub and asked if anyone had seen WZ, man on the door said I’d find you as always on the Brexit thread [emoji6]

Anyway earlier today you suggested the below
f51c69531edde5b914c61799264bbdd7.jpg

So I guess today is a good example of you having a day off from your partner, family, friends and your apparent active lifestyle is it ?

31 posts and still counting, and only 3 hours between 9 & 9 that you didn’t post anything !

I’d suggest you’ve spent most of your waking day on here[emoji6]

Keep up the good work x

And remember when you do the inevitable cross examination of my activity (you know you will) it’s not me that said “I don’t spend every waking minute on NSC” [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sssshhh ! Grown up subjects :wink:

(But well done on your homework, keep it up :thumbsup:)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes, you've repeated the exact same article as you posted earlier.

Now, even I can't believe that I'm asking this, but from the insinuation of your post above, that it isn't Loyalist paramilitaries threatening NI customs staff (I'll give this a line to itself)

Are you suggesting it's Republican paramilitary groups that are threatening the NI customs staff :eek:

And if not, who do you think it is that are threatening NI customs staff :shrug:

The insinuation that there is no evidence loyalist paramilitaries were behind the incident comes from The Police Service of Northern Ireland......im guessing they have looked into the anonymous claim..
I dont think its helpful to guess who is responsible on such matters and then spread those guesswork unsubstantiated rumours about.
Let the police do their job

You carry on with your fake news though

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Not to worry we will all be holidaying on Europes mainly empty beaches getting the shits the good old fashioned way :thumbsup:

British holidaymakers can look forward to having the beaches of southern Europe to themselves this summer – without a German towel in sight – thanks to the European Union's vaccine fiasco, a leading German economist wrote gloomily in Spiegel magazine on Tuesday.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-sight-british-tourists-will-have-beaches-eu/
https://youtu.be/9Jrn_SXimFs
Mike wont be happy he makes a killing on the German bar flys :drink:
Regards
DF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The insinuation that there is no evidence loyalist paramilitaries were behind the incident comes from The Police Service of Northern Ireland......im guessing they have looked into the anonymous claim..
I dont think its helpful to guess who is responsible on such matters and then spread those guesswork unsubstantiated rumours about.
Let the police do their job

You carry on with your fake news though

Crisis talks with EU after loyalist threats at Northern Irish ports
EU officials withdrawn from Northern Ireland ports following threats to staff from loyalists
NI border checks are halted over 'loyalist threats'
Loyalist threats to North port workers
Dissident loyalists blamed for threats against port staff in Northern Ireland

It's flattering that you should think it, but I don't actually have influence over what the UK mainstream press print :blush:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This one is a bit of a conundrum.

We put bugger all in the 'Brexit deal' about our biggest export market and we now want to negotiate with the EU about getting them to grant Passporting and Equivalence to the UK markets after we have left. Completely taking aside whether it was the wisest thing to do to wait until the deal was signed, done and dusted, here's the real issue.

UK wants to use it's new found sovereignty to de-regulate the financial markets and make them 'more attractive' to over seas investors.
EU says if you are going to de-regulate your financial services, we won't grant Passporting and Equivalence.

In the meanwhile, financial business continue to move out of the UK and into the EU whilst this problem exists

Brexit leaves UK finance in limbo as City fights for EU access

Britain’s finance industry is appealing for greater access to the European Union single market, amid fears that politics could leave large parts of the City of London shut out of Europe for good. Financial and professional services firms were left out of the Brexit deal struck on 24 December, which instead focused on movement of goods. UK and EU leaders have agreed to ongoing talks covering finance.

However, the longer the UK’s finance industry remains stuck in limbo with the equivalence question hanging above it, the greater the risk of jobs and assets leaving the City. Around 7,500 finance jobs have left Britain since the country voted for Britain in 2016 and over £1.2tn of assets have been transferred to the EU, according to EY. “London is a major financial centre — that will not change overnight,” McGuinness told Bloomberg last month. “But it’s also important to acknowledge that it’s significant was part and parcel of being within the European Union. Change is coming.”

Britain is seeking between 28 and 40 equivalence rulings from the EU depending on how you view the regulation. The most important decisions revolve around Europe’s MIFID II regulation, which covers investment banking activities. Publicly, EU leaders say equivalence has been held up by concerns about a bonfire of regulation in Britain

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/uk-finance-eu-brexit-equivalence-thecityuk-city-of-london-072730803.html

Obviously not as immediately worrying as the NI issue, but moving forward, equally hard to see a solution.

We should just be grateful that we managed to get the Fishing industry sorted before Jan 1st, could you imagine what was at stake there :thumbsup:

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Bored, lonely retired man who wanted no deal as soon as Boris took over complains about a Brexit deal that causes less disruption ..... just another fun day on the Brexit thread [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here