Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Playing Devils advocate, we make some good cars in this country, Henrys are the best vacuum cleaner in the world (your over engineered Dyson's are made in SIngapore) and I still managed to get bananas at the weekend for the same price as they've been for six months.

Presumably not including Jaguar Land Rovers in that....

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Must say I'm inclined to agree with you.

The arguments for remain were economic based.

The arguments for Brexit were sovereignty based.

People had a choice and made it.

So what exactly do you understand by the Boris Johnson 'sunlit uplands' comment?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Really? I just posted a clip of the leave campaign saying 350m a week for the NHS anf 600m a week for UK businesses

Is there a clip that says it's only about soveriegnty?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The baffling thing though is people on NSC trying to put a positive economic spin on Brexit. This would have been fine until ....

Teresa May decided to ditch EEA membership - which Vote Con said that "nobody was even talking about" before the vote - at which point a Brexit without mighty economic downsides became impossible.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No there isn’t, politicians lie all the time.

Is there going to be an economic cost of Brexit in terms of higher prices, diluted consumer and worker rights, less freedom of movement and weaker security links and protocols?...undoubtedly.

But those issues weren’t important to the Brexit voters so bashing them over the head about them gets you nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No there isn’t, politicians lie all the time.

Is there going to be an economic cost of Brexit in terms of higher prices, diluted consumer and worker rights, less freedom of movement and weaker security links and protocols?...undoubtedly.

But those issues weren’t important to the Brexit voters so bashing them over the head about them gets you nowhere.

Yes, they will all love being in the slow lane at EU passport control every holiday and not automatically being able to retire to the EU without economic assessment and health care insurance. Winners.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Blue passports and fewer Polish shops.

Fair enough... and for what it is worth I agree that many people voted for Brexit sovereignty in spite of economic consequences. But not all; and to maintain the 'they (The EU) need us more than we need them' lie simply exacerbates the con of millions of voters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35409274

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Knowing as you do full well that the overwhelming majority of leavers voted to leave on issues of sovereignty and control why would you ask them for other reasons for voting to leave that were unrelated to taking back control and issues of sovereignty?

It seems that the poster you are agreeing with has changed their mind and now disagrees with you

But with respect,there is a whole package to consider.
you are not happy about the democracy aspect,for some this is the most important.
others its immigration
others its security
for some the environment is paramount and many in this area feel we are best to remain.
for some its solely the economy

it really shouldnt be all about simply one thing,but i understand some people are more passionate about some matters over others

I shouldn't worry, I've found it happens a lot on this thread :wink:

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A very quick search of Google shows they were a net contributor at least in 2018...3 years ago....I’m sure this didn’t come as a surprise to them. And if it did I’m sure 3 years later they “found out”

https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/countries/member-countries/ireland_en

I think most people realise I enjoy a “battle of wits” on here but it’s just too easy with you. You post something and literally with one simple search I can disprove your post. Not only is this frustrating for me, it must be a little bit embarrassing for you? If you don’t know what you’re talking about why not do a little bit of research first? The internet is really brilliant for this. Trust me, we’ll both benefit.

Research?! If it's not written on the side of a bus, it didn't happen.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sovereignty to many voters is a feeling rather than a tangible item.

The irony is their decisions will more than likely break up the UK, leaving one Union to destroy ultimately their own.

Maybe a federal Britain is the only way out...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here