Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes, as sad as it is to watch your NSC Brexit thread decline, I was also too busy laughing at the fact you're actually now reduced to the level of reading and posting links from The Oldham Evening Chronicle as a way of championing Brexit.

Not my fault you can't read or have self-delusion problems. :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh yes she does - watch last nights episode !!!! It was a moment of pure delight seeing Obama reduce her to tears when it dawned on her she could no longer get her own way.

It was also very funny to find out the ECB refused funds to the EU and that the head of the ECB didn't think EU leaders ..... well Merkel and Sarkose (sp?) .... didn't understand economics.

Small point, but the IMF added funds to the Greek bailout. And STILL you IGNORE the desperation of the EU to continue their project by breaking their OWN rules to allow Greece into the Euro AND to provide the bailouts. To hammer home to you, it was the EU that broke their OWN rules. And that's before the corruption within the loands GERMANY and FRANCE provided to Greece.

Yet, you're content to ignore the corruption in this country. It's all very well pointing the finger at Europe but the corruption is far closer to home. Just to emphasise how important your points are you type in capitals as if that makes it more important.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ok, I take that point, although the BoE will make decisions based on what they see is the good of the country in the same way the ECB did for the good of the Eurozone as a whole. I think the one thing we do agree on is that this Greek mess would never have happened if the Greeks hadn't entered the Eurozone.

Yes they voted for a government that didn't have the stones to hold their hands up and say they hadn't qualified, so we agree that this is partly the fault of the Greek government. They could have saved themselves a great deal of pain by doing what we did - we voted for a government that opted out of the Eurozone.

I think what I'm saying is that the lesson to be learnt for the EU is not to fudge these criteria, but I don't think it is fair to be heaping blame on the EU without looking at the bigger picture and responsibility of member state governments.

We sort of agree but I am calling people out on here for railing against Tory imposed austerity (fair enough) but blithely dismissing crushing austerity partly imposed by the EU. Also I seem to remember other EU members breaking the Eurozone membership rules ..

France and Germany

https://www.ft.com/content/dfb8adf7-7ca4-384c-a737-f28c0dc46924

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
In the meantime, this racist government has a specially chartered plane taking 50 Windrush generation children to the West Indies, where they have maybe only lived for four or five years of their entire lives.

Shameful, and started by Theresa May in the Home Office.

It might be a blessing in disguise to be far from here come April.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we keep no deal on the table yes. I see EU representatives (European commission secretary general) have already been over to see what concessions would be acceptable. Not throwing Ireland under the bus but perhaps just getting there foot run over could do it ..

Our Parliament have just rejected No Deal, so even if it's on Theresa May's table in Brussels the EU know our Parliament won't stomach it. The EU have known this all along.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Indeed despite 0 job losses but because it was a leave voting area the remoaners have been all over it meanwhile in another leave voting area ..

Oldham manufacturer opens new £3million production line

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/...ufacturer-opens-new-£3million-production-line

More jobs, good news story .. but naff all press coverage.

WOW! Quote from the news story "Door sales rose by 30 per cent and 11 new staff were trained for manufacturing roles." I can see Oldham hoovering up the job losses caused by Brexit :Shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Our Parliament have just rejected No Deal, so even if it's on Theresa May's table in Brussels the EU know our Parliament won't stomach it. The EU have known this all along.

Parliament voted for an amendment that didn't carry any legal or legislative weight but I agree it weakens our hand. Sometimes I wonder who's side many of them are on .. as I do on here tbh.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh yes she does - watch last nights episode !!!! It was a moment of pure delight seeing Obama reduce her to tears when it dawned on her she could no longer get her own way.

It was also very funny to find out the ECB refused funds to the EU and that the head of the ECB didn't think EU leaders ..... well Merkel and Sarkose (sp?) .... didn't understand economics.

Small point, but the IMF added funds to the Greek bailout. And STILL you IGNORE the desperation of the EU to continue their project by breaking their OWN rules to allow Greece into the Euro AND to provide the bailouts. To hammer home to you, it was the EU that broke their OWN rules. And that's before the corruption within the loands GERMANY and FRANCE provided to Greece.

Whether Angela Merkel was right or wrong with her decisions, and we're all entitled to make mistakes, this says a lot about you.

I detest this government but I wouldn't be delighted to see one of our politicians reduced to genuine tears.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
WOW! Quote from the news story "Door sales rose by 30 per cent and 11 new staff were trained for manufacturing roles." I can see Oldham hoovering up the job losses caused by Brexit :Shrug:

The Chuckle brother places are already filled by MoS and Clampy/Nibble. Btw Brexit hasn't happened yet and some on here claim it never will :p

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Chuckle brother places are already filled by MoS and Clampy/Nibble. Btw Brexit hasn't happened yet and some on here claim it never will :p

Why would the Chuckle Brothers be working in a door factory in Oldham? I can only imagine that as self employed handymen Brexit has impacted their small business and they have had to lay themselves off.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Parliament voted for an amendment that didn't carry any legal or legislative weight but I agree it weakens our hand. Sometimes I wonder who's side many of them are on .. as I do on here tbh.

I would guess they are probably on the same side as many on here, the side of common sense as oppose to the fantasy that we realistically could go 'no deal' for more than a week.

You know, the same side that aren't sure the Nissan decision is completely negated by the good news from Oldham :shrug:

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Nissan this, Nissan that, they make it look like they are the only manufacturing company we have in this country, ridiculous.

£80Million a pop to encourage continued investment, that was for Nissan alone, what is going to be the sums for the rest?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Seems to me that the EU couldn't win:

- if they hadn't bailed out Greece then it would have meant the melt-down of the greek economy
- but by bailing out Greece they had to break their own rules and mightily p*ss-off the Germans (who Brexiteers often like to portray as all powerful)
Outcome - through clever and delicate negotiations both Greece and the EU weathered a financial storm. The programme showed how flexible the EU is and how 'unmonolithic' it is - there were many dissenting voices within (and without). I thought the state -craft on display was something that our sorry bunch in the Commons could learn from. You need to get in and negotiate and not hide behind red-lines playing to a baying mob of unicorn loving, ERG supporting toffs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seems to me that the EU couldn't win:

- if they hadn't bailed out Greece then it would have meant the melt-down of the greek economy
- but by bailing out Greece they had to break their own rules and mightily p*ss-off the Germans (who Brexiteers often like to portray as all powerful)
Outcome - through clever and delicate negotiations both Greece and the EU weathered a financial storm. The programme showed how flexible the EU is and how 'unmonolithic' it is - there were many dissenting voices within (and without). I thought the state -craft on display was something that our sorry bunch in the Commons could learn from. You need to get in and negotiate and not hide behind red-lines playing to a baying mob of unicorn loving, ERG supporting toffs.

:thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yet, you're content to ignore the corruption in this country. It's all very well pointing the finger at Europe but the corruption is far closer to home. Just to emphasise how important your points are you type in capitals as if that makes it more important.

Where have I ever suggested I'm happy with corruption in this country ? This thread is about leaving the EU, feel free to start another about dealing with corruption in the UK.

I use capitals because to try and hammer home the point because you KEEP excusing the EU's disgusting and DEADLY actions against Greece ..... and with less ramifications aganist Italy. Nothing like ensuring a democratically elected national leader is pushed out of power .... the EU would NEVER do that !

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Whether Angela Merkel was right or wrong with her decisions, and we're all entitled to make mistakes, this says a lot about you.

I detest this government but I wouldn't be delighted to see one of our politicians reduced to genuine tears.

Like Theresa May at the home office?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here