Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
First Trump, now May is off to Turkey. Lovely stuff.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
As someone who has just been called a hypocritical moron with blood on his hands by one of NSC's more strident Brexteers I do agree with that it is nicer to be nicer, although one advantage of Pasta's delightful outburst is that it helped my immunity against implications that I am a liar, made only today.

If you thought I was implying you were a liar,then I apologise.The thrust of my argument was that the lower investment figure in 2016 was due to the high levels of infrastructure investment in 2014 and 2015.You don't build new plant every year!Whoever stated the investment was lower because of Brexit was either being willfully stupid,or lying.You,on the other hand,were merely being stupid or a bit casual to pass it off as fact.:thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
First Trump, now May is off to Turkey. Lovely stuff.

Bet Caroline Lucas is jealous.She only got to go to Cuba-wonder if she travelled by canoe,or maybe hot-air balloon?Greens don't travel by jet plane,do they?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You raise a very good point. The UK already has pretty low tariffs with the US. Lowering them further won't make much of a difference. So what is Trump after?

That is the speculative question and as he is a businessman i could conclude he is after the 2% GDP from Nato nations to buy more American Military Hardware at some stage,as a starter.

Perhaps he feels we could be the agent in Europe for the US.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bet Caroline Lucas is jealous.She only got to go to Cuba-wonder if she travelled by canoe,or maybe hot-air balloon?Greens don't travel by jet plane,do they?

Balloon. I reckon she has harnessed the steam coming out of the ears of Brexit Little Englanders. When energy is running low she just chucks them another Daily Mail.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If you thought I was implying you were a liar,then I apologise.The thrust of my argument was that the lower investment figure in 2016 was due to the high levels of infrastructure investment in 2014 and 2015.You don't build new plant every year!Whoever stated the investment was lower because of Brexit was either being willfully stupid,or lying.You,on the other hand,were merely being stupid or a bit casual to pass it off as fact.:thumbsup:

I've covered this point before, but thank you for your interest.

It might be better to raise the matter of the SMMT's perceived dishonesty and/or stupidity directly with them

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Balloon. I reckon she has harnessed the steam coming out of the ears of Brexit Little Englanders. When energy is running low she just chucks them another Daily Mail.

Thought she produced enough hot air to manage it on her own!Or perhaps her co-leader helped.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I've covered this point before, but thank you for your interest.

It might be better to raise the matter of the SMMT's perceived dishonesty and/or stupidity directly with them

I might do if you ever provided a link or a screenshot of the article,as I requested.I can't find it anywhere!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Just watching the BBC news where Trump has announced bans on certain peoples from entry into the USA what a sweeping statement daming whole nations meanwhile in Turkey has used the resent turmoil to unleash a terrable round of arrests and sackings of thousands of individuals many of whom will never be seen again.

Meanwhile our Priminister is activley aligning us with these two Worrying times

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just watching the BBC news where Trump has announced bans on certain peoples from entry into the USA what a sweeping statement daming whole nations meanwhile in Turkey has used the resent turmoil to unleash a terrable round of arrests and sackings of thousands of individuals many of whom will never be seen again.

Meanwhile our Priminister is activley aligning us with these two Worrying times

Turkey is our 11th Largest export market,meanwhile we are their largest (3rd) import market....
http://exportbritain.org.uk/latest-...urkey-is-appealing-for-british-investors.html

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It must be near the bottom of the recycling wheelie. I'll try to find it but I am hopeless at digging things out.

Perhaps you could try your Brexit Crystal ball

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
May is just as bad, they all are, their main goal if for the rich to get richer at the expense of the poor. Hopefully one day the moron general public will realise this.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Turkey is our 11th Largest export market,meanwhile we are their largest (3rd) import market....
http://exportbritain.org.uk/latest-...urkey-is-appealing-for-british-investors.html

Yes but there is a time and a place yesterday Mrs May was standing shoulder to shoulder with a man who then bans every single person from a number of countries and on Holacaust day and today Mrs May is discussing trade with a man who is riding rough shot over his own citizens.

It's all very poor timing and goes to show how Brexit is driving everything including the nations mortality

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes but there is a time and a place yesterday Mrs May was standing shoulder to shoulder with a man who then bans every single person from a number of countries and on Holacaust day and today Mrs May is discussing trade with a man who is riding rough shot over his own citizens.

It's all very poor timing and goes to show how Brexit is driving everything including the nations mortality

fair enough i cannot argue with that....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

There are many things to beat Trump with (metaphorically) but I think linking anything Holocaust-wise is a few steps too far. With regards to this, I'd say that most of the Jewish diaspora have reason to be hopeful about Donald Trump after 8 years of varying degrees of cold shoulder from the Obama administration. We have to accept that Trump is the leader of the most powerful country in the world rather than futile efforts to deny him his place. It is extremely significant that the UK was invited so early on and if we can increase and use our influence then I think this could be a very good thing both for the UK and beyond. The special relationship is back with a vengeance, the very unguarded comments from the US ambassador to the EU is a strong indicator that if Germany and France want the ear of the President it might be best if they maintain as cordial a relationship with post-Brexit Britain as possible.

I do think that Trump will be reined in by various forces in his administration and there is strong evidence of this with the recent debate about extraordinary renditions and interrogation techniques. I guess you meant to write "the nation's morality" and if so, as I said I think it's far better for the UK to use the opportunity to promote our values and wishes whilst we can rather than stand in grand isolation, holding our noses in contempt for Trump.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It must be near the bottom of the recycling wheelie. I'll try to find it but I am hopeless at digging things out.

For God's sake don't fall in.Probably only a staff writer anyway.UTA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here