Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Economic success is usually built on confidence (assuming that economic policy is sound).
If he talks up the American economy and America buys into it, it will lead to a pick-up in the economy.

If he persuades the multinationals to stop outsourcing jobs to cheaper countries and produce more at home, then this will help. Globalisation hasn't really help the average person much - it suits the elite/large corporations IMO.

If he stops the insane policies of climate change then this will be a benefit to the economy. (No, I'm not a denier, but I am sceptical about climate change and yes, I have done a LOT of reading on the subject).

Regarding climate change, I agree (and I'm a so called scientist). Yes, there has been an increase in this and that in parallel with consumption of fossil fuels but . . . . the swings in the past are massive in comparison. To me its likelooking at the increasing cold in November and January and predicting a new Ice Age by August.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So far . . . . I think the US establishment are still too much in shock to know how to respond. Despite it all . . . . I have had a chuckle about it, torture notwithstanding. How can he get away with that? Becaue he can, so it seems.:shrug:

I do believe his big mouth will be the end of him. He always has to get the last word and that will cost him

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I do believe his big mouth will be the end of him. He always has to get the last word and that will cost him

Hasn't hurt him so far. Massive job losses and unfulfilled promises are the only thing that will do him. Or impeachment for shinanigans . . .

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If that was really true (it's not BTW, it's crap), why didn't he say beforehand that there were measures which they would need to adopt in the event of BREXIT to ensure ARMAGEDDON didn't happen. Strange that not one of these so called experts said that the effects of a BREXIT vote could be mitigated.

So, with repsect, your argument (and anything which these experts now say about the impact of BREXIT) is crap.

Oh dear. It's a characteristic of fascism to dismiss experts.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Trump . . . .whether you like what he's doing or not, he's getting on and doing it. The style is unusual . . . but I'm intrigued (and I say that as a habitual labour voting Guardian reader). Is this how Hitler got away with it? Chutzpah? I watch with a cocked eyebrow. Interesting times indeeed . . . .

So long as the forthcoming war with China is just a minor dispute all shall be fine.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yes, really. I mean very really. There's none so blind as he who will not see.

Ok,
So "Things are going OK because of the various experts (that Michael Gove et al rubbished before June 23rd) and the excellent work that they did at the Bank of England and elsewhere.".
Funny how nothing was in place because Brexit was not an option, it was not forecast, the polls did not support it and Cameron put his job on the line.....so don't pretend that a plan was in place.
Brexit is working well (so far) because your "experts" were wrong.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Trump . . . .whether you like what he's doing or not, he's getting on and doing it. The style is unusual . . . but I'm intrigued (and I say that as a habitual labour voting Guardian reader). Is this how Hitler got away with it? Chutzpah? I watch with a cocked eyebrow. Interesting times indeeed . . . .

Yes, I seem to recall the last US President promised to shut down Guantanamo Bay in his electoral campaigns.............so far its like there is a lesson being handed out by Trump to mainstream politicians on what can be achieved if the will exists.

As for the Hitler reference, I mean really?

As odious as he is he has not yet launched the US into an illegal war resulting in hundreds of thousands of deaths. He may well do so, however till he does he is a more principled leader than (say) Tony Blair.

Perspective dear boy, perspective.

larus

Oh dear. It's a characteristic of fascism to dismiss experts.

No, it's called having the ability to see that economic predictions are often wrong.

They can't have it both ways. It's the end of the world if there's a BREXIT vote. Interest rates will rise (so said Carney), and then Brxexit vote and Carney cuts rates. Oops, but I though this so-called expert said that rates would rise. So a fall is the new rise is it and he's meant to be the f***ing expert.

Maybe he's an expert like the IMF? You know them, the ones who have at least admitted they were wrong.

What's that sound I hear? - is it the sheeple baa baa.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I just wonder what the reaction of a leaver would have been to being called a hypocritical moron with blood on his hands. And I was only commented on his grammar!

Never mind. An effortless victory tomorrow will make our lives better.

i wouldn't concern yourself with that possibility,its not going to occur.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
If he stops the insane policies of climate change then this will be a benefit to the economy. (No, I'm not a denier, but I am sceptical about climate change and yes, I have done a LOT of reading on the subject).
I'm interested in this - are you sceptical that climate change is happening at all or are you sceptical that it is "man-made"? Either way could you point me to the most persuasive things that you have read?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
i wouldn't concern yourself with that possibility,its not going to occur.

It's probably a bit more likely than most people being able to understand this: "...identifying a murdering Geman drowning bitch, vile fracking cow, gives no crap about children drowning so long as they can make the long march"

To paraphrase Cunning Fergus, 'A sense of proportion dear chap, proportion.'

Yours,

Blood-soaked moron, etc

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, I seem to recall the last US President promised to shut down Guantanamo Bay in his electoral campaigns.............so far its like there is a lesson being handed out by Trump to mainstream politicians on what can be achieved if the will exists.

As for the Hitler reference, I mean really?

As odious as he is he has not yet launched the US into an illegal war resulting in hundreds of thousands of deaths. He may well do so, however till he does he is a more principled leader than (say) Tony Blair.

Perspective dear boy, perspective.

My point was well made. Very few folk would have voted for Hitler if his message was 'we will exterminate the Jews'. It is impossible to predict the decisions of an iconoclast. And let's not forget, Trump has already said he supports the use of torture. But of course I am not saying Trump is the new Hitler - I would be doing a hell of a lot more than cocking an eyebrow if thought that. But I am interested in how much you can get away with if you have the chutzpah. So far Trump has been very cosnsitent: US first in everything, regardless of the means and regardless of the cost. For many this will be all they could wish for. I suspevt also that if he keeps making the right noises he will even get away with using cheap foreign labour for his own business purposes . . . which are of course no longer anything to do with him, since his family now call the shots. No, so far he is an undoubted inspiration to his sympathizers and many neutrals.

And yes, why didn't Obama just sign an executive order to shut Guantanamo? Perhaps someone can explain.

All the best.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
24eb355dd2c62600ddaa6575346ea893.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here