Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Now Now you know that the only news outlets permitted are the Mail, Express and Russia Today.

You will be in trouble for reading and sharing a sensible and articulate article.

Anybody who suggests Nick Cohen's writing is sensible and articulate obviously knows very little about him.:lolol:.Bigging up somebody who supported the Iraq war,slagged off your Lefty loons in 'Stop the War',and signed the 'Euston Manifesto' ain't no pal of yours!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Ooooh, the poor lamb! His mummy must have stirred his tea the wrong way round this morning! All that bile, malice and spoilt outrage do his cause no good at all - he probably doesn't even realise that it's people like him, who think people shouldn't have been allowed to vote leave, that all those who voted leave are thick and racist, and that the vote should be overturned so that the result comes out the way he wanted, who are the reason for anger among leavers.
A totally justified and rational anger, not the foot stamping of a spoilt little boy, like his sulk-soaked rant.

Playground ranting.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I've never bought a copy of The Guardian in my life. It does have a good website though, it's won an award and Arron Banks reads it and writes in it too. I happened to read this article though over the weekend and I just wondered if the author did his research on NSC........................It's uncanny.

Leavers are angry, for their lies will return to haunt them

The protracted negotiations to extricate Britain from the European Union are exposing the falsity of Farage and his cohorts

Nick Cohen

his entire argument is a staw man, based on a made up premise that leavers are angry about the result. they arent. they are angry that the remainers wont accept it and fear they trying to anull the result or otherwise subvert the outcome into something as close to non-exit as possible. and with good reason:
We already know Ukip and the Tory right will denounce as a sellout any transitional arrangement that involves Britain still obeying the European Court of Justice, still paying money to the EU and still accepting freedom of movement.

well of course they would because those are the reasons people voted to leave. why would you expect people to be happy with winning an vote and getting the opposite outcome?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I've never bought a copy of The Guardian in my life. It does have a good website though, it's won an award and Arron Banks reads it and writes in it too. I happened to read this article though over the weekend and I just wondered if the author did his research on NSC........................It's uncanny.

Leavers are angry, for their lies will return to haunt them

The protracted negotiations to extricate Britain from the European Union are exposing the falsity of Farage and his cohorts

Nick Cohen

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...r-their-lies-will-haunt-them?CMP=share_btn_fb

No the only reason why leave voters are angry is because of self opinionated tw@ts like you Mr Cohen.

Your lot lost, get over it..

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
his entire argument is a staw man, based on a made up premise that leavers are angry about the result. they arent. they are angry that the remainers wont accept it and fear they trying to anull the result or otherwise subvert the outcome into something as close to non-exit as possible. and with good reason:

well of course they would because those are the reasons people voted to leave. why would you expect people to be happy with winning an vote and getting the opposite outcome?

Because you should have seen it as one of the possible outcomes. If you voted leave, there was no promise of what the future relationship would look like. It is not as if Norway was never mentioned by any leave campaigner.
There will be those amongst the leave vote that did not only see it as a possibility, but expected a Norway type resolution as Dan Hannan consistently portrayed. There is no clear mandate for anything more drastic, but it could happen, because, far from taking back control, the EU will decide to a large extent what is an available option, and what is not.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Because you should have seen it as one of the possible outcomes. If you voted leave, there was no promise of what the future relationship would look like. It is not as if Norway was never mentioned by any leave campaigner.
There will be those amongst the leave vote that did not only see it as a possibility, but expected a Norway type resolution as Dan Hannan consistently portrayed. There is no clear mandate for anything more drastic, but it could happen, because, far from taking back control, the EU will decide to a large extent what is an available option, and what is not.

Leave meant "LEAVE" why on earth would you vote to leave if you wanted something else:facepalm:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

of course its a possible outcome. but, as with the remain campaign, rather than sell it to the public and build a consensus, the opponents of leave just try to work around the result and continue to portray the future as lost, a disaster in the making. the mandate was to leave so use that as the base line, instead of constantly trying to say theres no mandate for any form of exit. if we dont exit *something* 17million people will be betrayed and rightly angry.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Leave meant "LEAVE" why on earth would you vote to leave if you wanted something else:facepalm:

We are leaving, we will cease to be members of the EU, we will not be in the Union, we will have no MEP's, no one on the council and no one in the commission.
What happens after that is going to be negotiated, if this is news to you, then you should have paid attention to all that was being said during the referendum, and not just what you wanted to hear.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
of course its a possible outcome. but, as with the remain campaign, rather than sell it to the public and build a consensus, the opponents of leave just try to work around the result and continue to portray the future as lost, a disaster in the making. the mandate was to leave so use that as the base line, instead of constantly trying to say theres no mandate for any form of exit. if we dont exit *something* 17million people will be betrayed and rightly angry.

Leaving is the baseline, it is not anyone on the Remain side's fault if you bought into having a relationship with the EU similar to North Korea's with the world.
All leave campaigners ever said is what we can do if we are not members of the EU, but none of them had the power or authority to say that this is what we will do.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Leaving is the baseline, it is not anyone on the Remain side's fault if you bought into having a relationship with the EU similar to North Korea's with the world.
All leave campaigners ever said is what we can do if we are not members of the EU, but none of them had the power or authority to say that this is what we will do.

Another one itching for us to fail big time. God its going to hurt when it transpires thing aren't actually the doomsday scenario you have been begging for

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

what? is there a school of hyperbole that remainers can attend? no leaver has ever wanted a relationship with EU along such lines.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Another one itching for us to fail big time. God its going to hurt when it transpires thing aren't actually the doomsday scenario you have been begging for

Quite the opposite, if I wanted the doomsday scenario I would be advocating a hard Brexit tomorrow. I am hoping we can avoid the worst of it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
what? is there a school of hyperbole that remainers can attend? no leaver has ever wanted a relationship with EU along such lines.

Not sure you are correct that no leaver would want that, though l admit that I have overblown what I think your position is, apologies.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
We are leaving, we will cease to be members of the EU, we will not be in the Union, we will have no MEP's, no one on the council and no one in the commission.
What happens after that is going to be negotiated, if this is news to you, then you should have paid attention to all that was being said during the referendum, and not just what you wanted to hear.

I was paying attention and i was fully aware of what i was voting for.... "OUT" !!!! no ifs no buts "OUT" and not the watered down version that is being sold to us . the choice was perfectly clear..either you are in or you are out and not once was anything else put on the table prior or during the referendum..

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I was paying attention and i was fully aware of what i was voting for.... "OUT" !!!! no ifs no buts "OUT" and not the watered down version that is being sold to us . the choice was perfectly clear..either you are in or you are out and not once was anything else put on the table prior or during the referendum..

I must admit i am struggling with this "the leavers did not know what they were voting for" crap.
Getting out of EU decisions, not stumping up 55m a day, control of immigration, not bailing out failing EU economys, making our own laws etc etc etc.
We were in full control of the pen that put a cross in the OUT box.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

And if we were all paying attention .. cease to be members of the Single market.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Can't remember that on the ballot paper. No one voted to leave the Single Market. If that's what the vote was about it should have said that on the ballot paper.

Leaving the single market was clearly stated on the governments in campaign leaflet which cost the tax payer 9 million pounds.

Nobody had any doubts what they were voting for and to suggest otherwise is quite frankly ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here