Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So the EU economy isn't as important as was suggested to us. I see.

We are leaving as I have been told countless times. The building sector is in recession so given statements made by others on this thread they are always first so the UK will be in recession next year. Those that voted out voted to make me and themselves poorer so the focus must be on the UK economy as we are being thrown into a trading world where barriers and tariffs will be the norm given comments by other leaders

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...nell-article-50-vote-parliament-a7419186.html

"Labour will not block hard Brexit – but will rely on 'moral pressure"

The country imo doesn't have a mandate for hard Brexit. Think this is it for me and the Labour Party if they're not going to fight a hard Brexit.

Who are you trying to kid about a mandate HT? We.were.fed.all.the horror.stories.about brexit before the referendum, and we still voted.for.it , I never saw any mention of hard or soft brexit in the run up.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...nell-article-50-vote-parliament-a7419186.html

"Labour will not block hard Brexit – but will rely on 'moral pressure"

The country imo doesn't have a mandate for hard Brexit. Think this is it for me and the Labour Party if they're not going to fight a hard Brexit.

He didn't say that though, did he? He said that they wouldn't vote against triggering of A50 and made it very clear that Labour are in favour of access to the single market.

The idea of Corbyn trying to whip a vote against A50 is fanciful at best, how many MPs do you think would rebel?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who are you trying to kid about a mandate HT? We.were.fed.all.the horror.stories.about brexit before the referendum, and we still voted.for.it , I never saw any mention of hard or soft brexit in the run up.

Hard and sort were not the terms used but there was plenty of discussion about the different models e.g. Norway/Switzerland and full withdrawal with WTO deals. Amounts to the same thing just different language.

Besides, 52/48 isn't a clear mandate in my mind. Even Farage agrees with me on this :smile:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think you'll find they are trying not to alienate themselves in case a GE is called.

Possibly. Irrespective of this they're currently not a party I can align myself with. And if I don't like something, or I don't feel welcome, I tend to just move on.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Exactly. We was told leave means Leave. No going back by the fear campaigners.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Hard and sort were not the terms used but there was plenty of discussion about the different models e.g. Norway/Switzerland and full withdrawal with WTO deals. Amounts to the same thing just different language.

Besides, 52/48 isn't a clear mandate in my mind. Even Farage agrees with me on this :smile:

It was ALWAYS going to be close.Always. 48/52 is a majority just not the one you was after. Other way around would've been clear enough for you wouldn't it?

Jan 30, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here