Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford Sign Neil Shipperley

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Well, at least that puts an end to the uncertainty of signing him! Shame as I think he could have been a useful addition. But do we need another player the wrong side of 30, who hasn't played much football this season?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I thought he was going to Gillingham. Oh well.

1066gull

We can't beat Brentford? f*** this is depressing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Adriodinho said:
We can't beat Brentford? f*** this is depressing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did we try? ???

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Barrel of Fun said:
But do we need another player the wrong side of 30

As opposed to most of our team who are the right side of 20 ??? :lolol:

Yes, I think we do!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Commander said:
As opposed to most of our team who are the right side of 20 ??? :lolol:

Yes, I think we do!

:D Beggars can't be choosers, I guess. It would be interesting to find out if we tried and how close we got to signing him. Not that many people would believe the board.

I suspect that Shipperley would be on a fairly big wage and if we have other targets, then that money could be spent on more than one player. He is winding down his career and I suspect Brentford are going for broke as they are bottom and have nothing to lose. Of course, this is just positive specualtion. :angel:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Good thinking BOF.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think that we can safely assume that come 31 January we will again have signed nobody of any note. Not that anyone should be surprised by this. Let's hope our current players have got the stomach for the relegation fight ahead. It doesn't appear that they are going to get any help from DK.

:wave:

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Shame but looking at it sensibly there must be a reason he's gone to Brentford over us. That is assuming we went for him because if we didn't then I would be pissed off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the manager and the board are confident we can stay out of the relegation scrap with what we have, then fair enough it will have been a good move not to spend a fortune on Shipperley. Gates will continue to fall though without a decent run of form. Tough times indeed to be on the board of BHA

The downside is that this young team could do with playing with an old hand up front. The benefit of having Guy Butters at the back is rubbing off on the young defenders. Bugger all is rubbing off on the forwards because they haven't had an old stager to learn off. 4 months of decent wages for someone like Shipperley could have done wonders for the forwards imo.

Just maybe we have someone else lined up....;)

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Shipperley is unique in that he represents himself, he does not employ an agent, so i presume he isn't as expensive to get on board as he doesn't charge the usual ridiculous agents fees. Having said that he was on a fair whack at Palace and i presume he wouldn't be prepared to take a dramatic drop in wages.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Shipperley was a McGhee target - Deano may see things differently:wave:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Icy Gull said:
If the manager and the board are confident we can stay out of the relegation scrap with what we have, then fair enough it will have been a good move not to spend a fortune on Shipperley. Gates will continue to fall though without a decent run of form. Tough times indeed to be on the board of BHA

The downside is that this young team could do with playing with an old hand up front. The benefit of having Guy Butters at the back is rubbing off on the young defenders. Bugger all is rubbing off on the forwards because they haven't had an old stager to learn off. 4 months of decent wages for someone like Shipperley could have done wonders for the forwards imo.

Just maybe we have someone else lined up....;)

Excellent post Icy, back to your best.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't think we have the money to throw around on expensive contracts for four months and left with nothing at the end of it. Fair enough, long loans to bolster the ranks, but do we have (I'm guessing) £36k to spend on a four month deal. 18 weeks @ £2k a week. If he performs then he will get snapped up, if he doesn't then we have spunked £36k...

Hmmm... I will wait until the window closes before crticising the board.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Les Biehn said:
Shame but looking at it sensibly there must be a reason he's gone to Brentford over us.

He's a West London boy and and he's probably got property there so not much travelling, maybe that was part of the reason.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Race said:
He's a West London boy and and he's probably got property there so not much travelling, maybe that was part of the reason.

Oui oui la bon bon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here