Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BREAKING NEWS Leicester game off?

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
We're not going to win every game but it doesn't hurt to enjoy how the team are playing and have a dig at an under achieving / over spending team. I smiled..

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I remember feeling very gloomy about our prospects when we played Leicester away on August Bank Holiday, 2004. A team of kids against a "big club" - and the best striker we could field was Adam Virgo, who had never done the job before. Going into the game, we were 23rd in the table.

What happened next?

I dont feel "gloomy about our prospects" just expect a difficult game against a decent side. I dont give a monkeys whether they are a big club or not - anyone is beatable. What I am saying is its more likely the unbeaten run will go at Leicester than somewhere like Bristol.
And the original post wasn't the least bit comical

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The Football League have become involved in a row over next weeks clash between Leicester City and league leaders Brighton.

Leicester manager Sven Goran Ericsson has been forced to admit that his players are threatening to go on strike next weekend due to Brightons possession football.

A Leicester player who wished to remain anonymous spoke to our reporter this evening:

"it's just not fair" he said "Brighton always keep the ball and don't give anyone else a chance. We train really hard all week and at least want a chance to kick the ball on a Saturday. We spoke to the Bristol players after their match today and they said that Brighton were really selfish and hardly let them play at all"

In an effort to prevent a cancellation Brighton manager Gus Poyet has suggested that Leicester could have a second ball and some of their players could take it in turns to play in a coned-off area of the pitch but the Leicester players are apparently worried that the Brighton fans will laugh at them.

A League spokesman has suggested that Brighton should give Leicester possession for at least 5 minutes after every Brighton goal and Poyet is apparently considering this in order to try and be fair about things.

Brighton currently lead the Championship with 16 points from 6 games.

Leicester don't really care because they are all overpaid.

More to follow...

Well done.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Funny at the time, not so much now.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The Football League have become involved in a row over next weeks clash between Leicester City and league leaders Brighton.

Leicester manager Sven Goran Ericsson has been forced to admit that his players are threatening to go on strike next weekend due to Brightons possession football.

A Leicester player who wished to remain anonymous spoke to our reporter this evening:

"it's just not fair" he said "Brighton always keep the ball and don't give anyone else a chance. We train really hard all week and at least want a chance to kick the ball on a Saturday. We spoke to the Bristol players after their match today and they said that Brighton were really selfish and hardly let them play at all"

In an effort to prevent a cancellation Brighton manager Gus Poyet has suggested that Leicester could have a second ball and some of their players could take it in turns to play in a coned-off area of the pitch but the Leicester players are apparently worried that the Brighton fans will laugh at them.

A League spokesman has suggested that Brighton should give Leicester possession for at least 5 minutes after every Brighton goal and Poyet is apparently considering this in order to try and be fair about things.

Brighton currently lead the Championship with 16 points from 6 games.

Leicester don't really care because they are all overpaid.

More to follow...

f***ing dickhead. About as funny as catching AIDS when you wrote it, even less funny now

Foxes

Sep 17, 2011
Not as stupid as you. It's spelt "hey". Go back to counting your six toes. :)

No, it's 'ey' cause I'm not pronouncing the 'h' in the word. If you're that worried about a letter missing in a slang word, there's something wrong with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here