Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking Big Brother News...

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
coventrygull said:
BB is just shit TV anyway

But it makes millions of pounds in revenue, millions watch it and it creates God knows how many column inches in countless newspapers.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Artois said:
That's the same as Gay Pride.

If there was a Straight Pride, there'd be UPROAR.

The point is that it was illegal to be homosexual up until relatively recently and gay people are celebrating the fact that they are allowed to live their lives in safety without fear of imprisonment because of their sexuality.

Again, historicaly speaking black people have had their history quoshed by white people for thousands of years and are celebrating the fact that they are free to be proud of their culture and the colour of the skin.

The reason we don't have straight pride of MOWO is because we have been free to do as we please without fear of recrimination for thousands of years - they haven't.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nibble said:
The point is that it was illegal to be homosexual up until relatively recently and gay people are celebrating the fact that they are allowed to live their lives in safety without fear of imprisonment because of their sexuality.

Again, historicaly speaking black people have had their history quoshed by white people for thousands of years and are celebrating the fact that they are free to be prood of their culture and the colour of the skin.

The reason we don't have straight pride of MOWO is because we have been free to do as we please without fear of recrimination for thousands of years - they haven't.

OI NAZI MODS

ban this user. NSC is not the place for reasoned,sensible and articulate arguement

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Nibble said:

Again, historicaly speaking black people have had their history quoshed by white people for thousands of years and are celebrating the fact that they are free to be proud of their culture and the colour of the skin.

My point still stands however.

There would be UPROAR if a Straight Pride festival was hosted.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Artois said:
My point still stands however.

There would be UPROAR if a Straight Pride festival was hosted.

Yes there would. Why don't you do a Straight pride festival and see how Gays felt 40 years ago?

Albion Rob

Nibble said:

I agree 100 per cent with your point but I wonder how long this state of affairs must persist.

Why is there huge underachievement from black boys in education? Why are black people disproportinately represented in our prisons?

We can't change thousands of years of history in the blink of an eye but I do feel that, more than ever, conditions have been created to enable anyone who wishes to achieve the opportunity.

Communities need pride, they need to pull together and they need to avoid complexes where they see themselves as apart from the restand potentially being discriminated against before they even embark on anything.

A guy I know in Eastbourne was case in point. We all went to the same school, a bit rough but certainly not a hint of racism. However, after we had left school he started rappig about how he had spent all his school life dodging racists. That kind of thinking can only set race relations on the back foot.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Albion Rob said:
I agree 100 per cent with your point but I wonder how long this state of affairs must persist.

Why is there huge underachievement from black boys in education? Why are black people disproportinately represented in our prisons?

Because black people are thick criminals.

Albion Rob

Nibble said:
[B

Because black people are thick criminals. [/B]

Doubtful, loads of really intelligent people from all races out there. Plus some crims are really clever.

IMHO it is down to low expectations and unhelpful orators in some communities.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Albion Rob said:
Doubtful, loads of really intelligent people from all races out there. Plus some crims are really clever.

IMHO it is down to low expectations and unhelpful orators in some communities.

Yes. It was a joke to counter balance my earlier too sensible comment. I have a reputation to keep round here:lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Albion Rob said:
A guy I know in Eastbourne was case in point. We all went to the same school, a bit rough but certainly not a hint of racism. However, after we had left school he started rappig about how he had spent all his school life dodging racists. That kind of thinking can only set race relations on the back foot.
It's wierd how black people in this country see American rappers as their role models. You get people like science on last years BB saying stuff like "I'm from the ghetto", he wasn't even from the worst part of Leeds ffs. In my year at school there were two black lads that we hung around with and they were the only ones who listened to hip hop, one of them was also into basketball. I guess people just go with whats familiar to them and that includes skin colour

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Why has this STILL not been moved

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: #

because its now developed into a dicussion about homosexuals and black people

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The BB organisers had to kick her out because of the Shilpa thing, but in reality Charley or Nicky didn't have a big problem, just mild shock.

If the Shilpa situation hadn't have happened Emily would have been called in to the Diary Room and been given a dressing down, which would probably have been the sensible way to handle it.

Now BB have got a problem because there's an eviction on Friday and only 1 person up.

The show is seriously losing credibility. All that will happen now is the housemates will be too afraid of saying ANYTHING of a personal nature and the show will lose some of its edge.

If viewers ARE offended by her racism then they do have the choice of not watching or voting her out. There is an argument for saying she should have been left in, then when she gets booted out on Friday there would have been natural justice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here