Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brazil vs The Rest of the Wrold

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Rusthall Seagull said:
I must say that although I would definately play Ferdinand I really rate Ledley King. He has all the attributes to be a world class defender...maybe we should just realise how lucky we are to have at least 4 top central defenders...any combination of the 4 would be good enough for the world cup.

i agree ledley king is a top class defender.....

but he does make mistakes like every defender in the world does.....

agreed tho its nice to be arguing about 4 very good defenders.....

just i rate Rio ahead of them.....

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Brighton Boy said:
might i add with 2 of Englands defenders neville and Rio....

People think a bad game or slight loss of form means people should be dropped..

The fact is the best players deliver when it counts and we will see with Rio in the World Cup
Hang on so your telling me Rio,Owen ect should play every England game no matter what there form is like? That is complete bollocks mate. You dont just play somone even if there on shite form.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Sammy the seagull said:
Hang on so your telling me Rio,Owen ect should play every England game no matter what there form is like? That is complete bollocks mate. You dont just play somone even if there on shite form.

what so marlon harewood should be picked cos hes in good form then.....?

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Sammy the seagull said:

No im saying you play your best players tried and trusted these are 2 big big games so why all of a sudden put king in their with virtually no international experience.......And rio delivers in an England shirt.

He is the best ......Even Wenger said it on sat......The 4 in question are all great defenders but Rio is the most technically gifted and 2 not so good games doesnt count as a completer loss of form.....

Not a bad comment from their rivals manager...

The players rate him he is class.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Brighton Boy said:
No im saying you play your best players tried and trusted these are 2 big big games so why all of a sudden put king in their with virtually no international experience.......And rio delivers in an England shirt.

He is the best ......Even Wenger said it on sat......The 4 in question are all great defenders but Rio is the most technically gifted and 2 not so good games doesnt count as a completer loss of form.....

Not a bad comment from their rivals manager...

The players rate him he is class.

comebacks - 20

E

enigma

Obviously you want a degree of it to be based on form, but when the replacement player is considerably inferior, it's not really worth it.

I'd rather have Gary Neville on average form then Luke Young on blinding form.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
actually why dont we start Geoff Horsfield up front he has more goals than owen this year........

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
enigma said:
Obviously you want a degree of it to be based on form, but when the replacement player is considerably inferior, it's not really worth it.

I'd rather have Gary Neville on average form then Luke Young on blinding form.

totally agree.....

"form is temporary, class is permanent".........

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
what so marlon harewood should be picked cos hes in good form then.....?
Your just being stupid now.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Sammy the seagull said:
Your just being stupid now.

why hes in form.......?

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
why people bang on about form is beyond me it effects club football yes but like vassell his form was always poor for villa and he was good for england.

Rio has had 1 game arguably where he wasnt at his best and he never dissapoints for England....

If we were to pick on form then surely you are saying move others out the team who havent started the season brilliantly

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Brighton Boy said:
No im saying you play your best players tried and trusted these are 2 big big games so why all of a sudden put king in their with virtually no international experience.......

Considering the blinder he played against Henry & France in Euro 2004, I'm sure Austria in a qualifier won't faze him.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Repugnant Toad said:
Feel free to name them ...

what so hes never made a mistake before.....?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
The point is, he makes an awful lot less than Ferdinand, and does it playing for a team which is put under a lot more pressure at the back. I'm sure he has made consequential mistakes, but I'm buggered if I can remember them ... RF, on the other hand, made two in just the last game.

Rather have King at the moment.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Repugnant Toad said:
Considering the blinder he played against Henry & France in Euro 2004, I'm sure Austria in a qualifier won't faze him.

not saying he's not good enough but we should play what has been tried and tested instead of a new partnership i thnik it should be rio and terry or rio and king in the future but at the moment its goitta be rio and sol or terry

E

enigma

Brighton Boy said:
not saying he's not good enough but we should play what has been tried and tested instead of a new partnership i thnik it should be rio and terry or rio and king in the future but at the moment its goitta be rio and sol or terry

Exactly. Why experiment in a qualifying game? The others have more experience.

To suggest King is near flawless is ridiculous. Compare Man U's defence of last season (26 let in) to Spurs (41). Was he exempt from blame when Arsenal won 5-4?

King is a class act, and his time will come but overall Rio's peformances for England have been good, and he doesn;t deserve to be dropped.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
enigma said:
Exactly. Why experiment in a qualifying game? The others have more experience.

To suggest King is near flawless is ridiculous. Compare Man U's defence of last season (26 let in) to Spurs (41). Was he exempt from blame when Arsenal won 5-4?

King is a class act, and his time will come but overall Rio's peformances for England have been good, and he doesn;t deserve to be dropped.

I don't see it as experimenting, but change has to start somewhere. So be it if he doesn't start on Sat, but long-term (as you say), he should be involved.

It's hardly news that Man United are better than Spurs - they would concede less goals! Maybe one goal of the five against Arsenal you could look at him for, although Robinson was more at fault. Naybet blundered for two goals - he was very much the weak link of the two.

I'd be happy enough with Campbell and Terry, even if I do rate King higher than the latter.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brighton Boy said:

so what happens if rio and campbell get hurt just before world cup

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
KinkyGoebels said:
so what happens if rio and campbell get hurt just before world cup

But their not for this game so you pick the best team for the game......if they do then you play terry and king.......the next best

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here