Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brazil vs The Rest of the Wrold

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
enigma said:
Proof for all the people that reckon United's defence was bollocks and that their strikers saved them last season:

Goals for 58 (3rd best, compare with Chelsea 72 and Arsenal 87

Goals against 26 ( 2nd best, only to Chelsea who had an amzing defence)

Equalled their best record defensively in the Premiership, so hardly struggling defensively, and that's despite having shit keepers.

Have a look at the goals scored column and you'll see the problem.

Nothing better than stats to back up a point.....:)

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
enigma said:
Proof for all the people that reckon United's defence was bollocks and that their strikers saved them last season:

Goals for 58 (3rd best, compare with Chelsea 72 and Arsenal 87

Goals against 26 ( 2nd best, only to Chelsea who had an amzing defence)

Equalled their best record defensively in the Premiership, so hardly struggling defensively, and that's despite having shit keepers.

Have a look at the goals scored column and you'll see the problem.

can't argue with that its there in black and white....

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
enigma said:
Yeah, but you know people won't acknowledge it....

might i add with 2 of Englands defenders neville and Rio....

People think a bad game or slight loss of form means people should be dropped..

The fact is the best players deliver when it counts and we will see with Rio in the World Cup

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Brighton Boy said:

The fact is the best players deliver when it counts and we will see with Rio in the World Cup

have to agree with this man....

is our last world cup rio was truly outstanding....

as the good old saying goes.... "form is temporary, class is permanent"

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brighton Boy said:

Players out of form should not play - we have enough players

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
KinkyGoebels said:
Players out of form should not play - we have enough players

No because he is class......the only defender we have who can pass.....

I dont need to waist my time......you will see in the next few games and then the world cup on the biggest stage in the world....

The top players are never out of form for long....

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
KinkyGoebels said:
Owen.
Lampard
Beckham
and when was the last time Gerrard had a good game for England?

Owen- Record speaks for itself........Owen delivers goals.

And the issuse is qualifying........

these players will be better at the finals.....Id like to see a fully fit Beckham lead us out to germany.

the qualifying is like the FA cup where the smaller teams draw a big club and often the case is the big clubs scrape view or every now and then their is a shock....I.E.Northern Irelnad.

But the main objective is to achieve what you set out to do and that is qualify...And we will win the next two games and do so..

Then the World Cup will be where the football will be played....

Teams wont play defensive against us and it will be more open....

Then you will see what the players can do....

We didnt play great in the Euro 2004 Qualifiers but we made it....And we played some very good football against france,croatia and we broke switzerland down comfortably.......Maybe Sven got it wrong tactically against protugal when rooney came of but that happens

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brighton Boy said:
Owen- Record speaks for itself........Owen delivers goals.

And the issuse is qualifying........

these players will be better at the finals.....Id like to see a fully fit Beckham lead us out to germany.

the qualifying is like the FA cup where the smaller teams draw a big club and often the case is the big clubs scrape view or every now and then their is a shock....I.E.Northern Irelnad.

But the main objective is to achieve what you set out to do and that is qualify...And we will win the next two games and do so..

Then the World Cup will be where the football will be played....

Teams wont play defensive against us and it will be more open....

Then you will see what the players can do....

We didnt play great in the Euro 2004 Qualifiers but we made it....And we played some very good football against france,croatia and we broke switzerland down comfortably.......Maybe Sven got it wrong tactically against protugal when rooney came of but that happens

What does it matter playing good football if we lose?

About 3 players played well in that tounry and one was dropped after first game

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
KinkyGoebels said:
What does it matter playing good football if we lose?

About 3 players played well in that tounry and one was dropped after first game

we didnt lose because they were better than us....we lost on penalties which is a lottery...

In the game itself sven shouldnt of bought on vassell for rooney but mistakes happen....

If we had won that game i think we would of won the tournament.

We will be their or their abouts this year......

Trouble is with english people is we look for weak links when their perhaps isnt one. their are just teams better than us....Or perhaps better at pens than us.....with the exception of Euro 200 i think we were in with a good shout of wiining the Euro 96....lost on pens......France 98...lost on pens.....2004....lost on pens....

Their is a fine line and we havent breached that yet

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brighton Boy said:
we didnt lose because they were better than us....we lost on penalties which is a lottery...

In the game itself sven shouldnt of bought on vassell for rooney but mistakes happen....

If we had won that game i think we would of won the tournament.

We will be their or their abouts this year......

Trouble is with english people is we look for weak links when their perhaps isnt one. their are just teams better than us....Or perhaps better at pens than us.....with the exception of Euro 200 i think we were in with a good shout of wiining the Euro 96....lost on pens......France 98...lost on pens.....2004....lost on pens....

Their is a fine line and we havent breached that yet

I think you were watching a different game if you dont think we got knocked out by a better team.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
KinkyGoebels said:
I think you were watching a different game if you dont think we got knocked out by a better team.

but they beat us on pens thats what im saying.....the match was irrelevant cos we didnt lose in normal time.......what if capbells NAILED on goal hadnt been dissalowed and we went on to win the whole tournament you wouldnt be saying this now.....

Losing on penalties isnt great but we gave ourselves a chance at least cos we defended brilliantly

E

enigma

We cant drop half the team. If you drop Lampard,Gerrard,Owen,Ferdinand and Beckham who are you going to replace them with? And are all those out of form?

Terry can pass the ball, and so can King and Woodgate to an extent, although Rio has a better touch on the ball than those.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
enigma said:
We cant drop half the team. If you drop Lampard,Gerrard,Owen,Ferdinand and Beckham who are you going to replace them with? And are all those out of form?

Terry can pass the ball, and so can King and Woodgate to an extent, although Rio has a better touch on the ball than those.

Terry and King are both out of from i think u should know....

i mean chelsea Have let in 2 goals in 2 league games and spurs let in 2 last game......

Back to the drawing board.....:)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
have to agree with this man....

is our last world cup rio was truly outstanding....

as the good old saying goes.... "form is temporary, class is permanent"

Disagree, in the last World Cup England played

1. Sweden, drew 1-1
2. Argentina, won 1-0 to a dive for a pen
3. Nigeria, drew 0-0
4. Denmark won 3-0
5. Brazil lost 2-1

Argentina were a shadow of their former selves (only just scraped a draw against the might of Sweden), and the other three teams before Brazil are the international equivalent of Blackvurn, competent journeymen but no more than that. Against Brazil Rio was out of position for the first goal.

As for Rooney for the World XI no chance, he needs to deliver more consistently than he does at present.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
El Presidente said:
Disagree, in the last World Cup England played

1. Sweden, drew 1-1
2. Argentina, won 1-0 to a dive for a pen
3. Nigeria, drew 0-0
4. Denmark won 3-0
5. Brazil lost 2-1

Argentina were a shadow of their former selves (only just scraped a draw against the might of Sweden), and the other three teams before Brazil are the international equivalent of Blackvurn, competent journeymen but no more than that. Against Brazil Rio was out of position for the first goal.

As for Rooney for the World XI no chance, he needs to deliver more consistently than he does at present.

But rio was class in that world cup.......I didnt include that in my other post cos i dont think we were up for it that time.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
ledley king is not half the player rio ferdinand is IMO.

I think he's better. Quicker, just as strong, far superior concentration, impeccable timing in the tackle. Ferdinand dropped two clangers in their last match; I can't remember two comparable mistakes from King - which is remarkable, considering who they both play for.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Repugnant Toad said:
I think he's better. Quicker, just as strong, far superior concentration, impeccable timing in the tackle. Ferdinand dropped two clangers in their last match; I can't remember two comparable mistakes from King - which is remarkable, considering who they both play for.

everyone makes mistakes.....

i expect even the 'impeccable' god like ledley king has......

:lolol:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
everyone makes mistakes.....

i expect even the 'impeccable' god like ledley king has......

:lolol:

I must say that although I would definately play Ferdinand I really rate Ledley King. He has all the attributes to be a world class defender...maybe we should just realise how lucky we are to have at least 4 top central defenders...any combination of the 4 would be good enough for the world cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here