Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brazil vs The Rest of the Wrold

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
We seem to be reasonably blessed with decent midfielders at present so not sure the logic in playing a defender there. Would have thought Carrick, Parker or Butt would be better shouts for that position.

IMO Carrick has earnt the right to be next in line if anyone is dropped from the centre of the park.....

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Do not disagree with that. The current central pairing seem too similar and Carrick was one of the few bright points to come out of the USA Tour.

altho i feel given time the Lamps and Stevie G pairing willl be a success....

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Too similar and have had long enough to get it right.

could be right there....

brings up another point who would people drop out of the current pair.....?

E

enigma

Carrick- possibly, although to me he's more of a passer than a tackler, although his tackling's not bad and he does like to sit in front of the defence.

Parker- is he in the Squad? He should be he's an excellent tackler, and not bad on the ball.

Butt- Hasn't done much over the last two years, offers less going forward than the other two and I believe that if he hadn;'t been playing for Man U over the years others may have been ahead of him. That said, had a great game v Argentina.

King is obviously naturally a defender but has played in midfield before and is reasonably good on the ball. He could also act as an extra defender when oppostion have two strikers.Maybe Lampard or Gerrard would be more inspired knowing such a good tackler was playing alongside him. I see him as possibly playing the role Desailly did for AC Milan, allowing others to play their game.

I also rate King highly since his excellent performance v France in the Euro champs....

E

enigma

RonnieO'Sullivan said:
altho i feel given time the Lamps and Stevie G pairing willl be a success....

No way. Unless Gerrard is prepared to play the holdin role, which he isnt, that partnership will never work.

They could work in a five man midfield. But dont see the point in using that when we have 2 good strikers.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
i like the idea of turning Alan Smith into th holding man.........

he has all the assets to become a bad winning defensive midfielder.....

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
could be right there....

brings up another point who would people drop out of the current pair.....?
Gerrard, without a doubt.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sorry thought this was a Brighton board. Must have stumbled on a FIFA one by mistake....

E

enigma

RonnieO'Sullivan said:
i like the idea of turning Alan Smith into th holding man.........

Tackilng needs to improve a lot.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
enigma said:
Tackilng needs to improve a lot.

i agree it needs improving but i feel in time he will learn and training with a great like Roy Keane and playing under a super manager i think can help develope him into a top player in this position.....

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
RonnieO'Sullivan said:

Apart from an ability to tackle, which is always handy in a defensive midfielder. I'd drop Lampard, inferior to Gerrard, even worse for England, and Carrick has to get in there somewhere.

King would make a decent full-back whilst Neville is out.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Rio isn't even the best defender in England, let alone the rest of the world.

Furthermore Nedved is getting on now and I'd say on his day Lamps is one of the best in the world. Also Makalele is a better midfielder than Vieira and I still reckon there's better out there.

Robben would at least make the bench, certainly above Alonso

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Why do people on here go on current performances and forget the class rio has shown for years,,,,,,

In Europe with the exception of nesta he is the second best .

Puyol could be as good as Rio one day but anyone who keeps tabs on Spanish footballl will know he has been inconsistent since he was in that team......

The Helguera call made me pissed myself.........He is dire absolutely awful in one of the worst defensive teams in the champions league......

Rio can head a ball......he is technically better than the mentioned Sol Campbell who cant kick a ball to someone on his team...

And i dont know who could disagree with ashley cole as best left back with del horno providing the only real arguement

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Happy Seagull said:
I don't think Rio is 2nd best in England, let alone the world. Maybe he'd have better form if he took a chance and used some more drugs :shootself

thats mostly all it is with people, they hate the fact that hes good and he plays for man utd.......

the drugs thing is just something can always pick at when they have no arguemnet against his huge talent....

pathetic really......

RonnieO'Sullivan said:
thats mostly all it is with people, they hate the fact that hes good and he plays for man utd.......

the drugs thing is just something can always pick at when they have no arguemnet against his huge talent....

pathetic really......

Get off your high horse you cock. Just coz people don't agree with you, you cry like a baby :rolleyes:

The drugs thing was obviously a joke, but i guess your humour bypass was working aswell as usual.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here