Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brazil V Chile

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
robinson(world class)
neville(steady!)
ferdinand/terry/campbell/carragher/a.cole(world class)imo
beckham, gerrard, lampard, wright phillips(all world class?)
owen rooney(world class)

as individuals we have a brilliant team.
sadly its getting the indivduals to link together which can be the problem. beckham and wright phillips worked well together as do rooney and owen. we just need to bond

sadly i only think we have about 5 worldclass players.......

ferdinand
terry
a.cole
gerrard
rooney

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
very true, but i dnt think we have the ability in our country to win a world cup IMO.
I agree we're not as good as we're hyped up to be, but with a beter manager we'd have a chance I think,

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
im sorry but i just dnt believe that anyone has the ability to live with them, got any teams u suggest can? im not saying there unbeatable but they have to be huge favourties to win it surely, at odds of 4-1 i feel that is fantastic value for a bet.i for one if england dnt win it will be cheering on brazil becuase you have to admire the way they play, its always nice to see class win in the end in my eyes.

Off the top of my head...
England(although even if we did hold them we'd f*** up the penalties...), Holland, Spain, Czech Republic, Italy, France, Argentina. There are probably more...

I agree that Brazil are the best team in the world and should be considered favourites to win the world cup, I just think you're going slightly over the top in the hyperbole stakes...even Don King would be blushing!

Lets go back to Euro 2004. Before the tournament if someone had told you that Greece would win it- by beating Portugal(the hosts) twice, France(the reigning champions) and the Czech Republic- what would you have said? If it's possible for Greece to do that then you've got to admit it is it surely not possible for someone to hold Brazil, playing at 75% to at least a draw and then sneak through on penalties?

4-1 are damn good odds though...

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
sadly i only think we have about 5 worldclass players.......

ferdinand
terry
a.cole
gerrard
rooney
What bout Beckham hes passing is the best in the world imo

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Sammy the seagull said:
What bout Beckham hes passing is the best in the world imo

his better days have gone in my view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports