Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brazil V Chile

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Ernest said:
Could be injured same as Ronaldho in 1998 FACT

could be wot a shame, there just av to play ronaldinho,kaka,ronaldo,baptista, etc, tough old choice int it.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Withdean Wanderer said:
Not nearly as good as Rooney!:drink:

have u seen this kid play, id advise u watch him a bit beofre making bold statements like that.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Ernest said:
Brazil - good attack but shit defence FACT

dida,cafu,juan,lucio,carlos? u call that crap?

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Withdean Wanderer said:
Not nearly as good as Rooney!:drink:
Hes better than Rooney, but Rooney is very class. Its just Brazil have so much flair and can turn a game in seconds!:ohmy:

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
they have won world cups with shit defences,.....the last one for example.....but they ar ebetter in defence now with juan and lucio looking solid....and the best array of talent in the world

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
have u seen this kid play, id advise u watch him a bit beofre making bold statements like that.

Saw all the Brazil games in that cup that was i think last month, Confederations or something??

Anyway, Brazil are playing Chile, who aren't exactly The French...

I am not saying i think we will win the world cup, i just think that over the last season and a half Rooney has developed into probably the best player i've ever seen in and England shirt (i'm only 17). Yesterday he looked like he wanted it more than anyone, he's been in superb form for Man U and before that - Euro 2004 anyone?

Robinho clearly posesses talent, but looks a bit weak (physically) to me. I can't imagine him driving a team forward like Rooney at times did yesterday, although he does have the advantage that at the moment he's a mor eunknown quantity..

That said, Real Madrid have just signed him, so i'll shut up!! :dunce:

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
dida,cafu,juan,lucio,carlos? u call that crap?
Edmilson? Hes back playing for Barca now after he was injured i think.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Withdean Wanderer said:
Saw all the Brazil games in that cup that was i think last month, Confederations or something??

Anyway, Brazil are playing Chile, who aren't exactly The French...

I am not saying i think we will win the world cup, i just think that over the last season and a half Rooney has developed into probably the best player i've ever seen in and England shirt (i'm only 17). Yesterday he looked like he wanted it more than anyone, he's been in superb form for Man U and before that - Euro 2004 anyone?

Robinho clearly posesses talent, but looks a bit weak (physically) to me. I can't imagine him driving a team forward like Rooney at times did yesterday, although he does have the advantage that at the moment he's a mor eunknown quantity..

That said, Real Madrid have just signed him, so i'll shut up!! :dunce:

he will drive brazil on a different manor tho with flair pace and skill, this kid is a one off, im only 19 but i can say ive never seen a player look so good so early, i agree rooney is world class and has potential to be up there with the very best in the world, but i think robinho stands head and shoulders above them all,playing with real madrid is only going to make him better, we will just have to wait n see, i no who id bet on to win more world player of the years if i were a betting man, and his national shirt is yellow in case u were guessing.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Sammy the seagull said:
Edmilson? Hes back playing for Barca now after he was injured i think.

add belletti, cicinho, dede to the list they start to look like a team who do possess some pretty decent defenders.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
5-0! adriano hat trick after good work from robinho, frightening finish frightening football!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Ernest said:
Brazil 1998
Holland 1978
England 1970

And I'm too young to remember the others :salute:

More like;

Brazil 1950
Hungary 1954 (they lost once in about 3 years and that happened to be the World Cup Final)
Holland 1974 (The Dutch weren't fancied in 1978)
Brazil 1982
Brazil/France 1986

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
sullyupthewing said:
......play like that in the world cup and they will win it for sure, rest of us need not bother turning up.

Oh come on, it's all about preparation. We see plenty of BRazil and their 'magic', and we will therefore have ample opportunity to study how they play, identify the players we need to stop, and develop a way of exposing their weaknesses.

This is where the flexibility of the management and coaching staff come into their own, and with Sven at the helm ...... oh shit, you're right we've got f*** all chance.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
he will drive brazil on a different manor tho with flair pace and skill, this kid is a one off, im only 19 but i can say ive never seen a player look so good so early,

And getting spotted by Pele, when he was watching a kids game over there in Brazil, Robinho will go far and i think he will be the best striker in the world at some time.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Sammy the seagull said:
Did you see us play against Wales? If we play like that we have got no chance. Dont get me wrong i would love it if we won the world cup but i cant see it happening. And all the time we have got sven as our manager........................No chance.

I don't give a shit about the result, or even the manager, I care about the three points.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sammy the seagull said:
Did you see us play against Wales? If we play like that we have got no chance. Dont get me wrong i would love it if we won the world cup but i cant see it happening. And all the time we have got sven as our manager........................No chance.

Absolutely right I'm afraid.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is does not matter whether it is Sven/Allardyce/Curbishley/MaClaren or even Prescott as manager.

They would all pick roughly the same team, and would all get roughly the same results.

England's qualifying record under Sven for this campaign is Played 7, Won 6 Drawn 1 and people are slaughtering him. I wish the Albion had had that shyte a start to the season, Magoo OUT:jester:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Our qualifying group is unbelievably easy, I should hope we do have a good record. But we all know how this story ends, and that's the infuriating bit.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Defending champions Brazil secured their place at next year's World Cup finals in Germany with a 5-0 mauling of Chile in Brasilia on Sunday.

A hat-trick from McCammono and further goals from Juan and Robinho left the five-time champions in second spot in the South American qualifying group.

Argentina have already qualified while Chile are still chasing one of the two automatic qualifying spots left.

Brazil are the first reigning champions to have to go through qualifying.

Despite being without the suspended Ronaldinho, coach Carlos Alberto Parreira was able to welcome back Ronaldo, who joined Robinho and McCammono in attack.

But it was defender Juan who sent them on their way with an 11th-minute header from a corner.

Robinho doubled the lead 10 minutes later before McCammono chipped in with a quick-fire double, driving in an angled shot after being set up by Robinho and then heading home a corner.

Ronaldo was substituted for Ricardinho at half-time, while Roberto Carlos departed injured.

McCammono completed his hat-trick in the final minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here