Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brazil V Chile

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
You could say England should've won in 1990...if it hadn't been for those penalties.

Never forget the Germans, and this time they're on home soil...

1954, 1974, 1990 Champions
1966, 1982, 1966, 2002 Runners Up
1934, 1970 Third Place

Compared to Brazil's record
1958, 1962, 1970, 1994, 2002 Champions
1950, 1998 Runners Up
1938, 1978 Third Place

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
history means nothing...........brazil are the best team now..............thats fact they are just unreal...............the tournament being held in europe does not provide that much of an advantage.......

Brazil will continue to show their class when they need to and chile are a stroung south american side who got beat 5-0....

adriano,robinho,ronaldinho,ronaldo,kaka,carlos,cafu,silva,emmerson,lucio,juan,belletti,dida,

f***ing scary

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Brighton Boy said:
history means nothing...........

While I agree with you, let's see how many times people mention '66, how many times the players from the final are interviewed and how many times newspapers will tell us it's been 40 years... :glare:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
does everyone agree if brazil play at three quarters of there potetential they are gonna be too good to stop, on does someone really think theres a side out there that can honestly stop them?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
does everyone agree if brazil play at three quarters of there potetential they are gonna be too good to stop, on does someone really think theres a side out there that can honestly stop them?

:thud:

Even if it is, as you seem to think, utterly impossible for a team to beat brazil, do you honestly think that it is completely inconceivable that a team might, just might, be able to hold Brazil to a draw and then maybe, just maybe beat them on penalties? Especially if Brazil only play at 75%? Are Brazilreally so good that even at 75% no other team in the world has a hope of matching them for ONE game?

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
garry nelsons left foot said:
:thud:

Even if it is, as you seem to think, utterly impossible for a team to beat brazil, do you honestly think that it is completely inconceivable that a team might, just might, be able to hold Brazil to a draw and then maybe, just maybe beat them on penalties? Especially if Brazil only play at 75%? Are Brazilreally so good that even at 75% no other team in the world has a hope of matching them for ONE game?

im sorry but i just dnt believe that anyone has the ability to live with them, got any teams u suggest can? im not saying there unbeatable but they have to be huge favourties to win it surely, at odds of 4-1 i feel that is fantastic value for a bet.i for one if england dnt win it will be cheering on brazil becuase you have to admire the way they play, its always nice to see class win in the end in my eyes.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The world cup is a bit like the boat race.Just 2 teams in it.

USA and Australia (if they beat Western Samoa)

Or Germany,because they're at home,and Argentina,because they are skilled and tough.

Remember Brazil v France? No bottle. Clever,class individuals,but as Cpl Jones might say,they don't like it up 'em.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
withdeanwombat said:
The world cup is a bit like the boat race.Just 2 teams in it.

USA and Australia (if they beat Western Samoa)

Or Germany,because they're at home,and Argentina,because they are skilled and tough.

Remember Brazil v France? No bottle. Clever,class individuals,but as Cpl Jones might say,they don't like it up 'em.

sorry mate days of people kicking high profile amzingly talented players have gone, football isnt how it was when u could get away with it, its more a purest game now where teams with the best technical and class usually come thru not teams who have an animal thats trys to out someones best player out the game, brazil have too many anyway, hurt one there bring another dribbling skillful whizzkid on, plus they aint such lighweights thereself if ppl do wanna try and play them at this type of game, check out lucio,emerson,baptista and adriano i think u will find they can handle themselves.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Brazil lost to Mexico in the Confederations Cup during the summer as well as drawing with Japan, and last month drew with.......Croatia.

Having said that, I can't see England surviving against them. Our best hope is to avoid playing them until the final next year

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
El Presidente said:
Brazil lost to Mexico in the Confederations Cup during the summer as well as drawing with Japan, and last month drew with.......Croatia.

Having said that, I can't see England surviving against them. Our best hope is to avoid playing them until the final next year

i agree they do slip up especially in qualifying stages but on the big stage they always seem to thrive on it the pressure, when it matters they seem to perform.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
On paper no way, but you never know in football.

Brazil are probably as strong as they have ever been though. :(

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Trufflehound said:
I didn't see the game myself. But I guess the crowd must have been chanting: "It's just like watching Brighton" when they went 4-nil up?

something like that.:smokin:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
we will never win the world cup with ericsson in charge...fact

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
we will never win the world cup with ericsson in charge...fact

we will never win a world cup when we dont have the ability to play as a team as others do.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
we will never win a world cup when we dont have the ability to play as a team as others do.
It's the manager's job to get them playing as a team.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Silent Bob said:
It's the manager's job to get them playing as a team.

very true, but i dnt think we have the ability in our country to win a world cup IMO.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
very true, but i dnt think we have the ability in our country to win a world cup IMO.

robinson(world class)
neville(steady!)
ferdinand/terry/campbell/carragher/a.cole(world class)imo
beckham, gerrard, lampard, wright phillips(all world class?)
owen rooney(world class)

as individuals we have a brilliant team.
sadly its getting the indivduals to link together which can be the problem. beckham and wright phillips worked well together as do rooney and owen. we just need to bond

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here