Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brand named goods that really are better than all the rest

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
poerade everytime over those other energy drinks. they are about as useful as a cardboard boat

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Eddie the Seagull said:
Ditto :clap2:

I must be a snob - I buy labelled brands of everything :blush:

Rightly so. There's nowt wrong with snobbery. Keep the pikeys in their place.

Dyson products have never had the build quality, the success is down to very good marketing.
To emphasise my poiint I bought Miele Cat & Dog hoover a few months ago in John Lewis, the shop that prides itself on quality!

I asked whether I would need an extra guarantee on my Miele. No they laughed that will last you the 10 years. But if it was a Dyson, you must get one.

Bosch are again OK. But my washing machine - a Miele - also has a 10 year guarantee on parts, labour etc.

:angel:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Bluejuice said:
Indeed it is sir

Not the sort of kit I'd buy then, I've got enough electrical and musical stuff floating round without something else I'm never going to use! A friend of mine has some ancient Garrard decks which I used a couple of times before we both came to the conclusion that try as I might, I will never make a good DJ.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Yeah just coz Technics boss the DJ kit market, doesn't make them best for home use.

I should imagine there are far more suitable quality turntables if you just want to play records straight up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Curious Orange said:
A cyborg is a living person with artificial bits - like my Grandad, he has false teeth!!
Sorry, but thats just wrong.
A cyborg is a CYBornetic ORGanism - living tissue over a robotic exoskeleton - Arnie says so himself.

Unless your grandad has some kind of robotic armoured alloy exoskeleton underneath his living flesh and tissue, he is clearly not a cyborg in the truest sense of the word. Even if he had his hip replaced, at best he would be bionic. And thats stretching things.

Jul 20, 2003
Marmite is untouchable - no supermarket version delivers the same satisfying 'tang'

Clipper lighters are the dogs @ 75p

Fairy Liquid works better than twice the amount of cheapo stuff

Rizzla papers are a better product than cheap substitutes

Benylin is DEFINITIVE

BUT

Waitrose baked beans @ 25p a tin are as good as Heinz

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Bluejuice said:
Yeah just coz Technics boss the DJ kit market, doesn't make them best for home use.

I should imagine there are far more suitable quality turntables if you just want to play records straight up.

Indeedy, hence I mentioned Rega before finally catching on to what the rest of you guys were talking about! Project are pretty good too, for the price.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
WATFORD O said:
My Omega watch.
My Arcam hi fi.
My B&W speakers.
My Lexus.
My prada glasses.
My Pioneer plasma.

Aha! I think that I have discovered a picture of Watford O

yuppie.jpg

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
dwayne said:
Lexus and omega

*snigger*

I will take that as a compliment from the niggertron DWAYNE. You could only dream of owning such things. I bet even your suit isnt paid for. Hows yer chimney sweep mate? Oh, thats right, he isnt actually real.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here