Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brand named goods that really are better than all the rest

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Pukka Pies, dont compromise

and HP Sauce. I bought some Iceland Brown Sauce the other week and it tastes like the insides of a rhinos arse

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bluejuice said:
I'm with you Bozza.

That shit is just embarrassing.

Well his first few posts on his return were quite sound and I think it's fair to say that Twatty is a tragic attempt at a wind up merchant. I just think Dwayne shouldn't rise to it or should I say lower himself.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
f*** off Chappers you know that I Can't Believe It's Not Butter pisses all over that utterly twatterly shite from a great height.

Don't be thick. Them two cows have got to you haven't they!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
To be fair to the ginger brother Twatty's post of MY blahblahblah was asking for comebacks.

You see, I'm not Watford O's biggest admirer by a long shot but, having just read back over this thread for the first time, I didn't think his thread was that bad. If those brands represent value for their 'premium' status then isn't that what this is about.

The fact that fuckwit features then has to use it as yet another brag-a-thon/attempt to belittle others who do not live quite at his stratospheric levels of society is really sad, I think.

Anyway - halftime. Going to duck out to pick up some olives. (Sainsburys own as far as I'm aware, from their help yourself stylee deli counter)

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bozza said:

Anyway - halftime. Going to duck out to pick up some olives. (Sainsburys own as far as I'm aware, from their help yourself stylee deli counter)

Do you live near one of them Sainsbury's Local or willl you be visiting a 'super' market?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Do you live near one of them Sainsbury's Local or willl you be visiting a 'super' market?

Not a 'super' market, it'll be one of them there Centrals or Express or whatever they call it.

(The silly arse that I am I didn't quite click 'Submit Reply' before I left for aforementioned olives hence the strange timing of my post)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Forte Oil and Fuel Treatments-the choice of the professionals and not available in shitty car accessory shops.

This has been a commercial message bought to you by your Surrey Forte Sales Agent-ask for it by name when you next have your car serviced:lolol:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
bhaexpress said:
Well his first few posts on his return were quite sound and I think it's fair to say that Twatty is a tragic attempt at a wind up merchant. I just think Dwayne shouldn't rise to it or should I say lower himself.

I'm not gonna point the finger at anyone but I just find that kind of one-upmanship on a public football forum is deeply sad.

Far more offensive than swearing or pictures of beastiality as far as I'm concerned.

I just don't wanna see it

They're building one of those mini Sainsbury's on Western Road, where Mad House was, I think. Went past it today on the bus.

However, for PROPER supermarket snobs you'll do well to top Taj, which is opposite Waitrose on the same road. Proper qualty food in there. Reasonabley priced, too. Two packets of cook-yourself PAPADS, all the way from MUMBAI, for a QUID. :clap:

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Safeway said:
They're building one of those mini Sainsbury's on Western Road, where Mad House was, I think. Went past it today on the bus.

However, for PROPER supermarket snobs you'll do well to top Taj, which is opposite Waitrose on the same road. Proper qualty food in there. Reasonabley priced, too. Two packets of cook-yourself PAPADS, all the way from MUMBAI, for a QUID. :clap:

Every time i have been passing on the bus that place is always busy, may take a look next time i am in Western Road.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Orville Redenbacker's Butter Flavor Microwave Popcorn.

Shake and Bake-all varieties but especially Regular Pork and Crispy Chicken

Sleeman's Cream Ale

Upper Canada Brewing Company's Ale

Tim Horton's Coffee

Philadelphia Onion Chip Dip

:angry: Bollocks-I'm hungry now:angry:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bozza said:

You see, I'm not Watford O's biggest admirer by a long shot but, having just read back over this thread for the first time, I didn't think his thread was that bad. If those brands represent value for their 'premium' status then isn't that what this is about.

Bluejizzes original criteria for items discussed in this thread was...

....there are certain names that still cut the mustard in their chosen field and are unbeaten in terms of quality. Brands that have imitations but no equal.....

he then cites clear examples such as Dyson and post-its...so from this im getting a feel for what he's talking about you could possibly chuck something like an ipod into the mix as well.

It starts to get hazy when a foolish gimp like Twotford O starts name dropping things that he *thinks* will impress. I mean who the hell has tried to imitate a lexus?

to me the brand lexus brings about feelings of overpriced, far east, pseudo exec cars. That are derivatives of derivatives, no one has ever tried to imitate a Lexus.

Same with Omega, he thinks it sounds good, it doesn't, and isn't and name one other watchmaker that has tried and failed to emulate their distinctive brand ofa "poormans-wannabee-timepiece"?? - I can't.

So I put it to you, that far from twatford naming brands that "represent value for their 'premium' status" - he has just listed a few substandard products that he thinks will wind up people into thinking that he's a show off with the hottest Watford merchandise.

Therefore Watford O is thick deluded twat, who is need of a good hug. IMHO.

Innit.

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I agree with you Dwayne, but you did rise to it until it became a contest.

Just relax innit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here