Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BOYCOTT the MK Dons friendly

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I ask all right-minded Albion supporters to boycott this friendly and show solidarity with FC Wimbledon and the supporters of the former Wimbledon FC

This is the email I have sent to MP

Those that agree, may I suggest you send something similar:

Dear Martin

As a die-hard Brighton and Hove Albion supporter, who has followed the Seagulls through good and bad times I am angry to discover that the club I love has arranged a pre-season fixture against MK Dons at the National Hockey Stadium on 28 July.

The history of the former Wimbledon FC is well documented.

I do not wish a penny of my money to benefit MK Dons by way of gate receipts or ancilliary purchases at their ground. Therefore I will be boycotting this fixture.

I ask that in order to avoid a major PR gaffe you cancel the friendly with MK Dons, forthwith

Yours sincerely

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
definitely agree it's a shame we're playing ball with mk dons.

bha knows all too well about losing its community roots, and without a ground at present surely legitimising a football franchise is not in our interests

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its just a meaningless friendly fixture on the pre-season calender, not a declaration of solidarity with MK Dons and how they came about. What'll we do when we play them in the league some time in the future, boycott that as well on principle ?

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
It's a bit distasteful, but after the Swindom fiasco, I'm sure the club could do without cancelling another friendly.

Just boycott it.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Easy 10 said:
What'll we do when we play them in the league some time in the future, boycott that as well on principle ?

Easy - you seem to have missed the point

That would be a fixture we would HAVE to play

this friendly is a fixture we have CHOSEN to play

Sorry mate, but after Brighton, Donny, Wrexham, Cambridge Utd, Wimbledon et al ... I am really angry about this

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Wozza said:
It's a bit distasteful, but after the Swindom fiasco, I'm sure the club could do without cancelling another friendly.

Just boycott it.

Sums it up really if you dont want to go dont go.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Also struggling to get annoyed by this. Would rather we didn't play them, but then would rather we won the league every year. Not going to go because I cant be arsed, no other reason. MK Dons exist, deal with it. I don't like it , but it's too late to do anything about it now.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'm with OTLW.

Brighton, of all clubs, should not be volunteering to play them.

Bad PR - there's loads of teams we can have a friendly with. (Personally I'd like Barcelona).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That ship has well and truly saled and gone off over the horizon now. Its just a friendly so I can't see many people looking for a day trip to Milton Keynes as a great day out now anyway.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
crasher said:
Bad PR - there's loads of teams we can have a friendly with. (Personally I'd like Barcelona).

Yeah, cos other clubs are desperate to play us pre-season, aren't they? What on earth were the club thinking when they turned down 14 Premiership clubs to play at Aldershot on a Friday night? :rolleyes:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What a load of shite. We've dropped in it by Swindon and our pre-season schedule is looking light.

Most clubs have their pre-season programme well planned out and finding another team to fill a gap must be very difficult.

I'm sure the decision was not taken lightly but if it the only option available to us then we have to take it, don't we, to help get our players ready for the upcoming campaign.

I wouldn't and won't go and I most will vote with their feet and their wallets. But that's not what pre-seasons are about. Mark McGhee needs games to get his squad prepared, simple as.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Bozza said:
What a load of shite. We've dropped in it by Swindon and our pre-season schedule is looking light.

Most clubs have their pre-season programme well planned out and finding another team to fill a gap must be very difficult.

I'm sure the decision was not taken lightly but if it the only option available to us then we have to take it, don't we, to help get our players ready for the upcoming campaign.

I wouldn't and won't go and I most will vote with their feet and their wallets. But that's not what pre-seasons are about. Mark McGhee needs games to get his squad prepared, simple as.

What he said.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Really not fussed. MK Dons are a club in their own right now, who are very rubbish and are where they deserve to be, they havent done well from the move and Im sure no other clubs would want to go down that road.

AFC have their club and seem happy enough.

I actually met a MK fan at work the other day!!!

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Bozza said:
I wouldn't and won't go and I most will vote with their feet and their wallets.

I imagine that most people will choose not to go based on the fact that it's a Friday night in Milton Keynes, rather than through any deep-seated principle.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
How can anyone sit behind their computer and say they are not that bothered about this - it stinks...Anyone true supporter - and I use that phrase carefully - cannot honestly say they are not bothered by this!!!!!

How would we feel if all the other supporters around the world just say they 'weren't bothered' about Brighton not having a ground....You lot are hypocrites - OTLW I'm with you!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Grendel said:
I imagine that most people will choose not to go based on the fact that it's a Friday night in Milton Keynes, rather than through any deep-seated principle.

Exactly ... personally don't really care about any deep-set objections to MK Dons. Not a big deal as I see it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
supaseagull said:
How can anyone sit behind their computer and say they are not that bothered about this - it stinks...Anyone true supporter - and I use that phrase carefully - cannot honestly say they are not bothered by this!!!!!

How would we feel if all the other supporters around the world just say they 'weren't bothered' about Brighton not having a ground....You lot are hypocrites - OTLW I'm with you!

:yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here