Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris in hospital

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
8 days for me and I feel terrible. Did NHS111 test and they said phone for ambulance. I did and a nurse called me back. Since I'm not having trouble breathing or bleeding I should remain at home for the time being. My fever is there and I haven't moved much from bed. Haven't even had a bath In in this time just to weak.
Starting to lose my appetite. I said To my missus I'm not confident of seeing this out. She needs to stay away from me as much as possible as she is certainly in the vulnerable section.
I've never experienced anything like this. The fever and illness comes in waves.
At this moment I'm breathing fine.

Get well soon Spence.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure they can staff the new nightingale hospitals in any case, can they?
Really? What was the ****ing point in building it then? Regardless, London is not currently at full capacity.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I can't stand Johnson. He's a horrible man on pretty much any level you can think of.

But I do really hope he recovers. Because I'm not a ****. Get well soon Boris.

Raab is a total liability. But there are people who are actually in charge, so that doesn't worry me too much.

Trump on the other hand........ He can die a horrific, drawn out death and I'll not bat an eyelid.

Get well soon spence.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Again, ICNARC have published stats that show patients admitted to ICU with COVID19 have around 50/50 chance.
Well they do say to read the current outcomes with caution, as many of the results of people still alive haven't been posted, because they're still in ICU.

On the one hand we've got an A&E doctor saying he'd be treated the same as everyone else, but on the other hand we've got this from Laura Kuenssberg:
"After very, very little information was shared today, the prime minister was taken into intensive care at around 19:00 BST.

We've been told he is still conscious, but his condition has worsened over the course of the afternoon.

And he has been moved to intensive care as a precaution in case he needs ventilation to get through this illness."

So she's saying it's been reported he doesn't need ventilation yet, and that it's a precaution, so not what the A&E doctor said. I don't know which story is right.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Trump on the other hand........ He can die a horrific, drawn out death and I'll not bat an eyelid.
I certainly won't be wishing ill on Trump, but then I wouldn't shed a tear either. He is sub-human.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Anyone who saw the work going on in hospitals featured on the bbc news will know why it’s so important to keep to the rules. Unbelievable work going on that we can all contribute to it’s reduction.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sounds familiar. I suspect I had coronavirus with symptoms first showing on Tuesday 24th March and yesterday being the first day that I felt well enough to be back on my feet. So 12 days all in. I probably only had what the experts would describe as a mild case but at various times I had a temperature well into the 38s, fatigue, a total loss of smell, a strange sense of taste, a mild but persistent cough, loss of appetite, a couple of days of nasty diarrhoea, aches in my arms and at one point my chest felt very tight. Even a mild case is still very nasty compared to common illnesses - and that’s without the breathing issues that affect the most serious cases. So all I’d say is don’t panic, I was where you are this time last week and I feel fine now.
Hope I'm where you are soon. You don't always get a cough for this

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anyone who saw the work going on in hospitals featured on the bbc news will know why it’s so important to keep to the rules. Unbelievable work going on that we can all contribute to it’s reduction.

So true, if ever there was a report to hit home that was it. That should be the government broadcast from now on. Shown between each program on TV. It may just get through to these idiots that believe they can just continue doing as they wish

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
They should draught Chris Hughton in now.

A calming individual with a safe pair of hands who won't panic.

(We'd also stand a good chance of boring the virus into submission, taking a point apiece.)

JRG will be chomping at the bit that he couldn't post that. He'd be coming out with stats like 'Hughton has never taken a country into a war' and that justifies his employment as leader of the nation.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think they both match quite well. On some level I would imagine most patients moved into ICU are precautionary. I doubt they leave them in a normal ward until it is absolutely necessary that they be in ICU. There will be exceptions for cases that go bad very rapidly though. So, precautionary, and treating him like normal would scan in my book.
That's not my experience of neonatal ICU, where patients go into ICU because they need IC. Also, looking at the report the Springal posted, a lot of ICU outcomes are bad, which suggests people are there because they need to be, not as a precaution.

Regardless, the original comment I was commenting on was that it wasn't 'brilliant odds if he’s in ICU and on a ventilator / sedated', and I am more hopeful that he's not yet needing a ventilator, and hoping his odds are better than 50/50.

It's obviously quite a concern though.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
During my time in bed, I read a lot of stuff online from people who have had it or think they’ve had it, as well as studies from China and Italy based on admittedly small sample numbers. What came across is that there is a much wider range of symptoms than official advice would have you believe. If you listen to the government, they pretty much say you must have a fever and a cough to have it. But it’s not always the case, and a LOT of people never get the cough. For me, the cough was probably the mildest symptom and under normal circumstances I doubt I’d have even noticed it. Even now there seems a reluctance for official bodies to acknowledge loss of smell as a symptom for example, despite so many patients stating they experienced it.
You are spot on. There are various symptoms you can get. It was led to believe you must have a fever and a cough otherwise people are telling you it's just normal flu. It got to a point i couldn't be bothered to argue my point. That doctor in the video describes exactly how I felt. People have different symptoms. What I can you for sure is that if you contract it you will know the difference between Corona virus and bog standard flu/fever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here