Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris in hospital

Stumpy Tim

They've not suggested he's on a ventilator have they? I suspect he was taken to ICU earlier than the rest of us would be, as a precaution. Still huge cause for concern, but not as bad as being on a ventilator yet, and even if he goes that way you'd hope he'd survive, he's not that old.

I read that 2/3's of those who enter ICU with this end up on a ventilator. Even if he's gone in early it's probably still 50-50 that he will. Unquestionably this is serious

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What symptoms have you got if you don’t mind me asking?

Fever, fatigue generally very unwell. Funny taste, Smell also strange.My whole body ached but that went away yesterday.
It's the fever.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He had been stating that he had only mild symptoms at the start of his illness. Probably bravely understating it then in a Churchill style of 'we will fight them on the beaches' etc

Unfortunately this illness can change rapidly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah maybe St Thomas ICU is under capacity with spare beds and they can just put someone in as a precaution....
But he's not just someone. The rules for the rest of us don't apply to the PM.

ICU has more staff per bed, so people are watched more closely. A turn for the worse is likely to be picked up faster in ICU. They are not going to take risk with our Prime Minister.

That doesn't mean he's not deteriorating fast, maybe he is, but I would expect them to be more cautious with him than they would with the rest of us.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
8 days for me and I feel terrible. Did NHS111 test and they said phone for ambulance. I did and a nurse called me back. Since I'm not having trouble breathing or bleeding I should remain at home for the time being. My fever is there and I haven't moved much from bed. Haven't even had a bath In in this time just to weak.
Starting to lose my appetite. I said To my missus I'm not confident of seeing this out. She needs to stay away from me as much as possible as she is certainly in the vulnerable section.
I've never experienced anything like this. The fever and illness comes in waves.
At this moment I'm breathing fine.

Bloody hell .....

We are all thinking of you. Stay strong and take whatever advice is given by the professionals

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But he's not just someone. The rules for the rest of us don't apply to the PM.

ICU has more staff per bed, so people are watched more closely. A turn for the worse is likely to be picked up faster in ICU. They are not going to take risk with our Prime Minister.

That doesn't mean he's not deteriorating fast, maybe he is, but I would expect them to be more cautious with him than they would with the rest of us.

A A&E doctor was on Sky news earlier saying the fact he was PM would not change their course of action. If he was in ICU it was down to his health nothing else.

That’s my thought too, rather than throwing someone out of ICU that actually needs it, for someone, even the PM, that does not during a crisis like this.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I read that 2/3's of those who enter ICU with this end up on a ventilator. Even if he's gone in early it's probably still 50-50 that he will. Unquestionably this is serious
While I agree it's serious, serious covers quite a range and it's too early to be saying 'Blimey not brilliant odds if he’s in ICU and on a ventilator / sedated.'

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Maybe too analytical, but I thought Raab's interview just now wasn't over dismissive of the situation. I was hoping for 'no probs, he'll be just fine'.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A A&E doctor was on Sky news earlier saying the fact he was PM would not change their course of action. If he was in ICU it was down to his health nothing else.

That’s my thought too, rather than throwing someone out of ICU that actually needs it, for someone, even the PM, that does not during a crisis like this.
Throwing someone out of ICU who actually needs it? Blimey, talk about jumping to conclusions. London ICU is not at full capacity. Hospitals in London are about 3/4 full, and I don't think they've even needed the new Nightingale hospital yet. So no, no one will have been thrown out of ICU so they can keep an eye on the PM.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe too analytical, but I thought Raab's interview just now wasn't over dismissive of the situation. I was hoping for 'no probs, he'll be just fine'.

Raab looks a bit shell shocked at the moment. His interview was really frigid. But that's understandable.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
8 days for me and I feel terrible. Did NHS111 test and they said phone for ambulance. I did and a nurse called me back. Since I'm not having trouble breathing or bleeding I should remain at home for the time being. My fever is there and I haven't moved much from bed. Haven't even had a bath In in this time just to weak.
Starting to lose my appetite. I said To my missus I'm not confident of seeing this out. She needs to stay away from me as much as possible as she is certainly in the vulnerable section.
I've never experienced anything like this. The fever and illness comes in waves.
At this moment I'm breathing fine.

Good luck Spence, here’s hoping for a full recovery......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Throwing someone out of ICU who actually needs it? Blimey, talk about jumping to conclusions. London ICU is not at full capacity. Hospitals in London are about 3/4 full, and I don't think they've even needed the new Nightingale hospital yet. So no, no one will have been thrown out of ICU so they can keep an eye on the PM.

Fair enough, wrongly assumed that St Thomas ICU would be full at this point.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Whatever you think of his politics and personality, his appearance on Thursday evening at 10 Downing street to clap the NHS staff and Key workers was quite a brave/decent thing to do when he obviously was more ill than he was letting on.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Not sure they can staff the new nightingale hospitals in any case, can they?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Sounds familiar. I suspect I had coronavirus with symptoms first showing on Tuesday 24th March and yesterday being the first day that I felt well enough to be back on my feet. So 12 days all in. I probably only had what the experts would describe as a mild case but at various times I had a temperature well into the 38s, fatigue, a total loss of smell, a strange sense of taste, a mild but persistent cough, loss of appetite, a couple of days of nasty diarrhoea, aches in my arms and at one point my chest felt very tight. Even a mild case is still very nasty compared to common illnesses - and that’s without the breathing issues that affect the most serious cases. So all I’d say is don’t panic, I was where you are this time last week and I feel fine now.

could you please let us know about that "a strange sense of taste" metallic? be grateful for that x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here