Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing The German National Anthem. Woudya?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
At least 10,000 people in that stadium will boo the German national anthem tonight. At least. Do you honestly believe every single one of them fits into your sweeping generalisation?

I would boo the Palace team as they run onto the pitch. What's the difference? It's part of the banter.

He probably does though.

He likes sweeping statements.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
why dont they pipe the anthem loudly through the pa so the booers cant be heard

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Becuase they are all singing public school boy songs to each other!

Lower middle class family, went to a vocational school, never went to college. Don't think I -know- any public school boy songs, thanks. :glare:

Dougal - don't comment on what you clearly know nothing about, please.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I get offended when it doesn't get booed. How can they get away with embarassing England by claiming this pitiful excuse of a song is our national anthem! None of the other Home countries play it so why should we? Leave it for the UK and not England.

Yes they do, Northern Ireland use the godawful dirge.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
At least 10,000 people in that stadium will boo the German national anthem tonight. At least. Do you honestly believe every single one of them fits into your sweeping generalisation?

I would boo the Palace team as they run onto the pitch. What's the difference? It's part of the banter.
What? Like making monkey noises at black players?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What the f*** has that got to do with anthems.

He said (if you'd bothered to read it) that booing the anthems was 'part of the banter'. I said you could say the same about making monkey noises - some would consider that 'part of the banter'.

Now do you see it?

He said (if you'd bothered to read it) that booing the anthems was 'part of the banter'. I said you could say the same about making monkey noises - some would consider that 'part of the banter'.

Now do you see it?

Booing other countries anthems or not, I have NEVER heard England fans make monkey noises. I don't think the two are compareable.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

Now do you see it?

Not sure part of the banter is right, sadly it happens.

Personally I avoid the booing, but then I do not sing the British National Anthem at England games.

However I did have a good chuckle at the Wales v England game a couple of years ago. The Welsh booed God Save the Queen, but when the Welsh Anthem was sung, there was some booing and several hundred inflatable sheep being thrown about in the England section.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here