Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing The German National Anthem. Woudya?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hearing England fans booing anyone's National Anthem makes me cringe, that'll be most England games then. Say what you like about rugby, I've yet to hear another team's anthem booed by England fans. Why's that then??

same reason no one crys when they lose and there is no trouble at games

ie

it's a shit sport with no passion

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
blimey.....national anthems will always be booed....personally i think it adds to the atmosphere of a game and fires the players up if they know they are entering a 'cauldron of hate'

This ain't Turkey...this is a suburb of Norf Lundahn. Cauldron of hate indeed.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Anyone who boos a national anthem is a pathetic, half-witted, embarrassment to this country. Any such specimens present the ugly, unclassy, arrogant and grandeur-deluded side of our nation in a nutshell.

To those that boo, please never travel abroad or open your mouths about any political issue ever. You make me nausceous and depressed. :mad:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I hate the Welsh more than the Germans, and would only boo their national anthem. The World cuo in Germany was great with both sets of fans getting on really well. The Welsh on the other hand are never friendly towards us and deserve everything they get.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
same reason no one crys when they lose and there is no trouble at games

ie

it's a shit sport with no passion

I think it is clear that Rugby has far more passion than football and I certainly wouldn’t describe it as being a shit sport. I don’t think you could play something like rugby without having any passion. Blood, sweat and tears is a phrased coined specifically for Rugby.

There is generally no trouble at the games as they attract a different breed of supporter. That does not mean that there is no passion involved.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Anyone who boos a national anthem is a pathetic, half-witted, embarrassment to this country. Any such specimens present the ugly, unclassy, arrogant and grandeur-deluded side of our nation in a nutshell.

To those that boo, please never travel abroad or open your mouths about any political issue ever. You make me nausceous and depressed. :mad:

:lolol:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Hearing England fans booing anyone's National Anthem makes me cringe, that'll be most England games then. Say what you like about rugby, I've yet to hear another team's anthem booed by England fans. Why's that then??

it's called class.

those who boo are almost always shaven-headed, tattoo'd, earring-wearing, sun-reading, illiterate, racist, sexist, homophobic wankers.

and an embarrassment (as if we need another one) to be english.

it's called class.

those who boo are almost always shaven-headed, tattoo'd, earring-wearing, sun-reading, illiterate, racist, sexist, homophobic wankers.

and an embarrassment (as if we need another one) to be english.

At least 10,000 people in that stadium will boo the German national anthem tonight. At least. Do you honestly believe every single one of them fits into your sweeping generalisation?

I would boo the Palace team as they run onto the pitch. What's the difference? It's part of the banter.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
booing other teams national anthems is a symptom of the xenophobic society nutured by people like thatcher who still thought we had an empire and were superior just because we are english.

However I would not stand for the stars and stripes in NYC Yankee stadium - is that as bad as booing,

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
booing other teams national anthems is a symptom of the xenophobic society nutured by people like thatcher who still thought we had an empire and were superior just because we are english.

However I would not stand for the stars and stripes in NYC Yankee stadium - is that as bad as booing,

no. there's a difference between being deferent to a nation (who incidentally wages illegal wars and is far from the democracy is apparently promotes), and just NOT disrespecting a nation's anthem.

and i doubt the boo-ers will number 10,000.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would boo the Palace team as they run onto the pitch. What's the difference? It's part of the banter.

I don't think they are comparable. A National Anthem is the identity of a country and it is insulting to do so. Booing Palace is condoned – they are a despicable excuse for a football team who seem to think they have a divine right to play in the upper echelons of the Premier League. It would be wrong, not to boo them.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I'm not in favour of booing national anthems of most of the teams we play against because we have no reason for it.

GERMANY - Now that's a different ball game altogether! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

COME ON ENGLAND!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It is something that has had its day. When I watched England in the 80's the anthem was always booed by what seemed the entire stadium. It was how the crowd made an attempt to influence the game. I don't know whether it did or not - but it was part of the ritual.

In these more enlightened times when the world is a smaller place and we enjoy watching talents from around the world it seems small minded and rude.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
I personally don't see why people get so uppity about the booing of national anthems. You wouldn't have any qualms about booing "Glad All Over".

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
And on top of that, would you really be that offended if "God Save The Queen" was booed?

I get offended when it doesn't get booed. How can they get away with embarassing England by claiming this pitiful excuse of a song is our national anthem! None of the other Home countries play it so why should we? Leave it for the UK and not England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here