Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing our players

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Just been in the club shop and bumped into a friend who was at Hull.

He told me Albion fans booed McGammon when he came on.

That really is pathetic.

How is he supposed to improve or get any confidence when he's booed before kicking a ball in frustration.

I do realise that he probably doesn't care but he plays for US.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
if thats true that isnt good news :nono: i feel sorry for the poor guy! :( how is he ever suppose to perform if his own fans are against him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I also heard from someone at the game that some fans booed Oatway at the end of the game.. :(

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Silent Bob said:
I also heard from someone at the game that some fans booed Oatway at the end of the game.. :(

You heard! If you had been at the game you would know why the useless c**t was booed! If their first goal was anyones fault (apart fron the Ref!), it was his - he was nearest to the man, yet he started to give the other players shit! He has no pace, no skill and should not even be on the bench! FACT!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I have had this arguement last night on this forum.
http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?threadid=53904

I still cant work out how destroying a players confidence is supposed to make him play better. All I can see is that it helps us loose games and points.
Race also made some telling comments about the early abuse of Butters. Amazing how some fans are deluded into thinking it did him good in the long run. All I can see is that it cost us a season of his skills.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmm.

Crumps was also booed before he turned it round thru hard work determination and commitment.

Nothing wrong with booing players at the end of the game - its usually a sign of a particularly rubbish performance. I'm sure that during the game they are more than aware of their own inepititude.

I have been known to start laughing at various Albion players during particulalrly horrific games - consecutive 4-0 Defeats at brentford spring tp mind.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Uncle Buck said:
Develop some footballing ability?

That is pathetic Buck. By all accounts he was one of our better players 2nd half. Booing a player b4 hes even played is WELL out of order. you know it yourself, I hope your embarrased by your comment.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:
That is pathetic Buck. By all accounts he was one of our better players 2nd half. Booing a player b4 hes even played is WELL out of order. you know it yourself, I hope your embarrased by your comment.

Nope because I knew I would get a reaction.

I did not hear him being booed, but then I was still in the bar for the first few minutes of the second half.

On a serious note when it comes to getting on players backs I have no real issue with them getting a slagging on here and after a pony performance comments made at the end of the game. However it is not really all that productive to get on their backs during the game, but people do get frustrated.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
3gulls said:
You heard! If you had been at the game you would know why the useless c**t was booed! If their first goal was anyones fault (apart fron the Ref!), it was his - he was nearest to the man, yet he started to give the other players shit! He has no pace, no skill and should not even be on the bench! FACT!

Fair enough and I know all that, but I still wouldn't boo a Brighton player.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
Nope because I knew I would get a reaction.

I did not hear him being booed, but then I was still in the bar for the first few minutes of the second half.

On a serious note when it comes to getting on players backs I have no real issue with them getting a slagging on here and after a pony performance comments made at the end of the game. However it is not really all that productive to get on their backs during the game, but people do get frustrated.

Good point, well made

Uncle Buck said:
However it is not really all that productive to get on their backs during the game, but people do get frustrated.

And how about immediatley before kick-off when the opposition PA guy is reading through the Albion team-list? More constructive criticism and frustration obviously :jester:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I agree that it is to a point ok to slag players off here, although the Butters thing went way to far, and that can have a negative impact on the team as a whole.

I have also booed very poor performances, after the game. But to boo a player before hes kicked a ball is way off the mark.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Silent Bob said:

How could you "know all that" if you did not go to the match? Trust me, Oatway's performance would have tried the patience of a Saint! :censored:

Silent Bob said:

Silent Bob, 3gulls is talking garbage. We lost the first goal because Leon lost the ball and was arguably fouled while doing so. Blaming Oatway is as ridiculous as blaming David Lee.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
3gulls said:
How could you "know all that" if you did not go to the match? Trust me, Oatway's performance would have tried the patience of a Saint! :censored:
I meant about his lack of pace, skill, any sort of ability etc. I've seen plenty of bad Oatway performances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here