Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton chasing Freedman

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I think Dougies imminent departure hints at significant financial problems at Selhurst. He has made numerous direct and indirect comments about his budget and the financial constraints and there was also the Jose Baxter debacle where he wanted the lad to sign and practically offered him terms and a contract only for the board to pull the plug on the deal. It has been reported that Palace will lose around £5 million this season and despite CPFC2010 assertions that they are operating a sustainable business model etc blah blah it seems that is just more talk from them papering over the cracks. Palace have been losing money hand over fist for years now as proven by their going bust twice and nothing has really changed up there, they are still playing in a crumbling outdated stadium that must be a nightmare to maintain and a huge expense and the attendances are nowhere near what they need to be to break even. Palace will be the next Pompey mark my words and the inevitable sale of Zaha and their other players of value may keep them afloat a little while longer but the trend will be downwards towards another financial meltdown.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Crystal Palace - the Pompey of South London :lol:

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Lawrence in charge v Barnsley tonight, Dougie as good as gone lol. Tumbleweed on here at the moment from our usual Palace trolls.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Neil Ashton ‏@neilashton_
A Palace legend leaves: Dougie Freedman the new Bolton manager.
Retweeted by Sam Wallace

Odd that, because as I posted earlier ssn were saying talks weren't due to start until wednesday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There will be a place for Mark Bright in the new set up apparently, wtf will his job be, stadium announcer?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So the assistant manager and a coach have been put in charge for tonights match even though he hasnt actually gone yet ?

Seems as if he must imminently be moving - looks like CPFC are in crisis !!!

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Didn't that prize plank Seaside (aka Parish the hair) offer us up odds of 50/1 at one point that Saint Douglas of Selhurst would never leave for anyone other than a top Premier club..... Bolton ffs hahahahaha. Will he ever darken our forums again I wonder?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Didn't that prize plank Seaside (aka Parish the hair) offer us up odds of 50/1 at one point that Saint Douglas of Selhurst would never leave for anyone other than a top Premier club..... Bolton ffs hahahahaha. Will he ever darken our forums again I wonder?

I hope so because I quite like the other Palace types on here. But he ANNOYS me.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I LIKE CPFC Dave or whoever he is

So what? A few weeks ago half of the BBS drew up a fantastic strategy which covered reasons not only to get rid of Dougie, but who should replace him. I can't quite decide who of the choices excited me the most; Mick McCarthy or Billy Davies.

People (you know who you are) that bailed on Freedman when it started badly will be the same helmets spending all day on the BBS crying into their keyboards if he left.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Crystal Palace FC ‏@Official_CPFC
Crystal Palace Football Club can confirm that first team manager Dougie Freedman has left the club to join Bolton #cpfc

Hes gone.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

He'll pay 2p in the pound on his bet, and then reappear as Seaside2012 :lolol:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I think it's quite interesting that there has not been a huge amount of piss taking from us either on here or the BBS Away End. I guess we know it'll happen to us one day.

However the times they have taunted us about Poyet leaving at the drop of a hat and Dougie being a loyal local hero that is building a club is deliciously ironic.

Big Phil Brown's Red and Blue army!!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think Dougies imminent departure hints at significant financial problems at Selhurst. He has made numerous direct and indirect comments about his budget and the financial constraints and there was also the Jose Baxter debacle where he wanted the lad to sign and practically offered him terms and a contract only for the board to pull the plug on the deal. It has been reported that Palace will lose around £5 million this season and despite CPFC2010 assertions that they are operating a sustainable business model etc blah blah it seems that is just more talk from them papering over the cracks. Palace have been losing money hand over fist for years now as proven by their going bust twice and nothing has really changed up there, they are still playing in a crumbling outdated stadium that must be a nightmare to maintain and a huge expense and the attendances are nowhere near what they need to be to break even. Palace will be the next Pompey mark my words and the inevitable sale of Zaha and their other players of value may keep them afloat a little while longer but the trend will be downwards towards another financial meltdown.

Palace fans kept telling us that they had four multi millionaire owners and how much better off they were than us with our one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here