Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton chasing Freedman

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That will be the problem when Gus leaves the Albion for a bigger club , he'll cherry pick our best players.

I think that we can rest easy that no big team is gonna come in for Gus until he gets us close to or in the Premier League, If Gus does eventually get a job at a big club he'll probably be looking at players that are better than what we will have.

I don't see Chelsea or Spurs cherry picking too many lower Premier League players.

Anyway back on track, is Freedman really likely to go?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
As a palace fan I am staggered that Bolton are even looking at him TBH, he has had a good run of 8 games (which we shipped a shit load of goals) I was not damanding for his sacking but at the end of September..what was it 3 wins in 27!! if he had gone I would not have been suprised.

Just shows the only loyal people in football are the fans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As a palace fan I am staggered that Bolton are even looking at him TBH, he has had a good run of 8 games (which we shipped a shit load of goals) I was not damanding for his sacking but at the end of September..what was it 3 wins in 27!! if he had gone I would not have been suprised.

Amen to that.

Seaside has been very quiet about things this week. Is he banned? or just keeping a low profile?

If Freedman goes to Bolton Seaside will never come back, he offered odds of 20/1 The Doog would not go to a club outside the premiership and some took him up on it if I recall correctly.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Freedman is cashing in on your great run of results to secure a decent contract at a big(ish) club. Think he's been a bit lucky with some of the results, as you say you've conceded a lot of goals and his previous run was pretty dire. Can't argue with the man wanting to get the best deal for him and his family, but must leave a pretty sour taste in the mouth of the Palace fans, escpecially after his comments on Friday about not leaving a job half done etc. Steve Coppell returning would be interesting, but can't imagine he'd be a full time manager again, but if you can get him alongside a younger manager then it could be fantastic business by your club.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even if he doesn't go to crappy Bolton surely his relationship with the club/fans will be damaged and put him under pressure? Stating he wants to speak with another club not really any better than Palace is as good as saying 'I want to leave'. After what he has been quoted as saying about Palace in the last week or so as well I think he is in danger of making himself look a prize cock if he doesnt take the Bolton job.
Did he really ask to leave? I'd have guessed that Palace want the money so asked him if he fancied going (but that would have been a guess).

I think he's off and it will be announced later this morning so who is next for the Palace hotseat I wonder? I really hope its someone I can hate equally as much as the club itself.
Adkins!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Freedman goes to Bolton Seaside will never come back, he offered odds of 20/1 The Doog would not go to a club outside the premiership and some took him up on it if I recall correctly.
Palace never pay their debts

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They just keep giving don't they. If Freedman goes I hope they get someone totally distateful who we can really hate.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Freedman is cashing in on your great run of results to secure a decent contract at a big(ish) club. Think he's been a bit lucky with some of the results, as you say you've conceded a lot of goals and his previous run was pretty dire. Can't argue with the man wanting to get the best deal for him and his family, but must leave a pretty sour taste in the mouth of the Palace fans, escpecially after his comments on Friday about not leaving a job half done etc. Steve Coppell returning would be interesting, but can't imagine he'd be a full time manager again, but if you can get him alongside a younger manager then it could be fantastic business by your club.

I quite understand wanting to earn more money and go to a "bigger" club but it just seems to soon...just cause I can put a plaster on my childs knee doesnt mean I am ready for brain sugery!!

I hope he stays and proves himself as he will be given a lot of rope by Palace fans, not so sure about the Bolton fans as it seems most of them dont want him to start with.. I must admit I thought he was a better man than this! but Ho hum.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I must admit I thought he was a better man than this! but Ho hum.
If he goes, prepare for some bounced threads. Several Palace fans have spent the last year trying to take the piss about how Gus would be off as soon as a big club came calling, while Dougie was loyal and Palace through and through.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I quite understand wanting to earn more money and go to a "bigger" club but it just seems to soon...just cause I can put a plaster on my childs knee doesnt mean I am ready for brain sugery!!

I hope he stays and proves himself as he will be given a lot of rope by Palace fans, not so sure about the Bolton fans as it seems most of them dont want him to start with.. I must admit I thought he was a better man than this! but Ho hum.

But as he's out of contract in the summer and hasn't been offered a new deal yet from CPFC2010 and a (supposed) 3 year deal for £500k a year is on offer from Bolton, no matter what he thinks of his ability, he's going to be guaranteed that £1.5m, even if he's sacked after a year. Got to be tempting to take?

I remember when Palace fans took the piss out of us because Poyet was so open about his desire to manage one of his 'special' clubs, i.e. Chelsea, Spurs. And how much better Freedman was because Gus obviously wasn't loyal. But Poyet's honesty is so refreshing for me, he doesn't bullshit and the fans know exactly what to expect from him, that in his words 'we'll have a problem' if Chelsea/Spurs came in for him.

Bolton fans don't seem to be too impressed at all, and I can't say I blame them. Is a very strange choice from Gartside in my view.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can I just say that if he does go, I hope he royally fucks it up?

I still f***ing hate Bolton - another two bob tin pot northern club with no fans (even less than Palace) and a complete wanker of a chairman. In fact, if we were guaranteed to stay in this division next season, and it came to the last game of the season and either Bolton or Palace were going to get relegated, I can honestly say I'd rather it was Bolton.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I like these 2 quotes from bbs as to why the turncoat should stay

" Life really isn't that bad. He is at a club that supports and loves him and more over challenges him to succeed fairly and via a sustainable business practice which is the only future for football."

"CPFC is along with a small select group of football clubs an effort to create a better sustainable future. Like the doping in cycling debt is football's disease, football's curse."

why would he go to debt ridden Bolton with their massive parachute payments when he's already employed by the very humble upholders of football morals?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here