Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton chasing Freedman

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Stevie Coppell would be perfect for them...also our best palace song will make sense again.

:thumbsup:

Everyone's a winner.

Except that Steve Coppell is a very good manager. And he likes us and was very supportive of our need for Falmer even joining marches etc. And I remember when we briefly were 'rivals' with Reading and he annoyed their fans by stating we were a bigger club than they were.

Seriously though, he'd surely be a good appointment for palace?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Think Palace will be better of losing him long term.

He's been good for 6 weeks. Prior to that? Very average and crap to watch. He's finally assembled a half decent squad though, so you never know what a half decent manager might make of it

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

He's been good for 6 weeks. Prior to that? Very average and crap to watch. He's finally assembled a half decent squad though, so you never know what a half decent manager might make of it

Hopefully if he goes he takes half that squad with him in jan!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Agree

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

I'd say it's true to an extent, less we forget that we probably would have done a lot better last season had we not made the semi's of the Carling Cup and an unfortunate injury list at the latter end of the season.

That said, he would be nowhere near getting the Bolton job had we not have won 6 and drawn 2 of our last 8 games so it's still sinking in, slowly, that he might be leaving us!

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

I'd say it's true to an extent, less we forget that we probably would have done a lot better last season had we not made the semi's of the Carling Cup and an unfortunate injury list at the latter end of the season.

That said, he would be nowhere near getting the Bolton job had we not have won 6 and drawn 2 of our last 8 games so it's still sinking in, slowly, that he might be leaving us!

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton

Even if he doesn't go to crappy Bolton surely his relationship with the club/fans will be damaged and put him under pressure? Stating he wants to speak with another club not really any better than Palace is as good as saying 'I want to leave'. After what he has been quoted as saying about Palace in the last week or so as well I think he is in danger of making himself look a prize cock if he doesnt take the Bolton job. I think he's off and it will be announced later this morning so who is next for the Palace hotseat I wonder? I really hope its someone I can hate equally as much as the club itself.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

You played 1 cup game more than us and over the season every other club is likely to have had as many injuries as you lot.Just a tired excuse that's been used time and again by palace to dupe their fans into believing cpfc 2010's hype and bullshit.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Except that Steve Coppell is a very good manager. And he likes us and was very supportive of our need for Falmer even joining marches etc. And I remember when we briefly were 'rivals' with Reading and he annoyed their fans by stating we were a bigger club than they were.

Seriously though, he'd surely be a good appointment for palace?
Yes he'd be good, that's why everyone would be a winner. They'd have an excellent manager, we'd be able to sing our VD song.

Its a win-win situation.

Who is this guy, is he usually right?

Rich Cawley tweeted he will not take the team tonight against Barnsley.

Richard Cawley‏@RichCawleySLP

Dougie Freedman will not take #cpfc team tonight v Barnsley.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Think SLP refers to South London Press. So probably somewhat in the know.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

Yea he is a local journo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here